Poll: Agree?

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re-introduce 'Dishonorable Kill' for gankers!

This might be me begging to be flamed. But I am sick and tired of pointless low HP ganking.

I love the concept of world PvP.
    I don't mind being owned, humiliated, and spat on.

But I do mind it when whenever world PvP is on the radar, it is in the form of people ganking others that are on >30% health and fighting two or three mobs. For what? Half an Honor Point and an additional 0.1 mm to their male organs?
    You can almost picture the douche not even bothering with half a smirk, because he didn't even care about the kill. It's almost like a forced behaviour of a sociopath, not doing it for his own gains or even his own amusement, but because he can make another person suffer.

I think there ought to be a system which promotes and rewards kills that really are honourable - say, you fight alone, or you begin the fight when your enemy has at least 70% of his HP. Hell, you should be rewarded for fighting when YOU are on low HP, not the other way around. That would be kicking ass, not killing people on 10%.

This meaningless ganking, however, has got to stop. Don't tell me that's what PvE servers are for, because this is not a matter of avoiding PvP. This is a matter of implementing good design to actually make PvP enjoyable and a bit demanding - thus also more rewarding.

Your name is red, you are a target. Any free honor is welcome. Don't like it, go pve servers. No ganks in that servers.

World PvP is being owned, humiliated, and spat on. And coming back and doing some ownage. I personally don't partake in the /spitting, but to each their own. Server reputations can only be gained one way.

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    Your name is red, you are a target. Any free honor is welcome. Don't like it, go pve servers. No ganks in that servers.
    Yea, some people are just afraid of a fair fight, other people, are afraid to lose. which one are you?

To quote what I said on this subject last week:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I'm still of the mind that PVP servers should have one major mechanic put in that would simply erase most of the ganking complaints.

When a player kills another that is more than 7 levels below them, or whatever the player cutoff is for grey/honorless target, they could be inflicted with a debuff that stacks. When it reaches 5 stacks within a few minutes the player is given the equivalence of resurrection sickness.
    Along with the stipulation that cities (and possibly the zones they inhabit entirely) would be exempt from that debuff. This would allow city raids and make all current content completely open to world pvp while making max level characters patrolling low levels zones for the sadistic kick a lot less rewarding.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    This might be me begging to be flamed. But I am sick and tired of pointless low HP ganking.

I think there ought to be a system which promotes and rewards kills that really are honourable - say, you fight alone, or you begin the fight when your enemy has at least 70% of his HP. Hell, you should be rewarded for fighting when YOU are on low HP, not the other way around. That would be kicking ass, not killing people on 10%.

This meaningless ganking, however, has got to stop. Don't tell me that's what PvE servers are for, because this is not a matter of avoiding PvP. This is a matter of implementing good design to actually make PvP enjoyable and a bit demanding - thus also more rewarding.
    The sort of pvp you want is called battlegrounds. To me it sounds like you dont like the concept of world pvp. Catching someone off guard and killing them is a part of world pvp. Clearing a daily hub of the opposite faction and controlling the hub is part of world pvp. Personally I would like to see a decent amount of honor given for killing someone outside of a battleground to encourage more world killings.

Deleted
    The two first posters clearly didn't read my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltsmash View Post
    Yea, some people are just afraid of a fair fight, other people, are afraid to lose. which one are you?
    None, I don't do world pvp. But if you want to play in a pvp server, you know what are you getting into. Don't want to get ganked? go PVE. Else, after dieing, go after the ganker, call for help, go somewhere else. That's life in a pvp server.

Deleted
    This idea is actually on the printed vanilla manual, but it was never implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    This would make me think about rolling PvP.

I don't mind fighting a class that I have a chance to win against. But a level 90 vs a level 15 is pointless and does nothing but piss the lowbie off.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Ltsmash View Post
    None, I don't do world pvp. But if you want to play in a pvp server, you know what are you getting into. Don't want to get ganked? go PVE. Else, after dieing, go after the ganker, call for help, go somewhere else. That's life in a pvp server.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    The two first posters clearly didn't read my post.
    Oh I did read it alright. Problem is, YOU are only reading what you want to read. Don't like ganking, do what I said, go after the ganker, call for help, go somewhere else. PVP servers were always like this, why change it now. You are getting ganked in dailies, so you want to change something that has been in the game since vanilla?... please.

Deleted
    Translate of OP:

"HURR I GOT GANKED QQ THEY MUST SUFFER DURR QQQQQQQQQQQ <insert stupid idea that is not even close to what DKs used to be> QQQQQ I'M BAD AT THIS GAME"

my answer:
    no, go play on pve server please

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    And if we made you lose honor for attacking people, let's say, 10 levels under you?

Boom, no more ganking. Only real WPvP allowed.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    This idea is actually on the printed vanilla manual, but it was never implemented.
    Actually Dishonorable Kills were implemented. Then removed.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Civilian
    Last edited by openair; 2012-10-02 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyrr View Post
    go play on pve server please

this and please remove flying mounts thanks
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Deleted
    I find the debuff that stacks when you kill someone X lower lvls under you a rather good concept...but it would create another problem where you get PvP guilds who "train" players to just play low lvls and let em killed purely for the debuff.

I agree that World PvP should be fixed, but I've yet to see a decent solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    And if we made you lose honor for attacking people, let's say, 10 levels under you?

Oh look, you can't read posts. Let me write it again. I dont do pvp, nor Wpvp. Sometimes i get ganked, sometimes i manage to get away or kill the ganker. Thats life. Don't like it? Pve server is that way ----->

Also, you don't get honor for killing low levels. given that the OP stated that the ganker was gaining honor, I can only assume its equal lvl ganking. Not low lvl.
    But even if it was low lvl ganking, get help, relog to your main, run, it's a fucking pvp server for crying out loud, you CHOSE to play on a PVP server, and don't want to get ganked, or want to get penalties for those that want to do it? Christ, community these days... want everything.
    Last edited by WarBringerPT; 2012-10-02 at 11:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    Actually it was. Then removed.
    The player DKs? Never implemented. It was the civilian DK that was implemented and then removed.

This, PvP suggests some kind of contest as in vs. one shotting people you massively outgear is in no way PVP.

10+ Year Old Account

Sure it'll stop some but there will be still people who do it. If I ganked lower people that low, removing my honor would not stop me. How about the people who care nothing about honor and just wear pve gear? I'm sticking with red is dead - everyone who grew up on a PVP server learned this. I was ganked in Lakeshire for multiple weeks. You know what one of my favorite memories was? Ganking him when I hit 60 for the next couple weeks, over 40 times.

There are pvp alternatives to this so I don't think it will ever change.