Deleted

Stone Guards 10 man

I have a question about tanks. Lets say warrior tanks A+B, dk tanks C. The scenario is that C starts the cast first. What to do in this situation? How should each tank act?

DK taunts A over
    A hits 40-50 energy
    Warrior taunts A back, DK taunts B
    Now C is at ~50, A is at 50, and B is at 0. C goes to 100, B goes to 50. Next one starts casting, begin regular rotation.

It's annoying, but not hard.

dk taunts a (or b doesn't matter) over.. then at ~50% energy warrior takes C over to have it explode with B (that stayed with warrior) at 50% for explosion. Then if Dks A gets the next petrified have them taunt C if not juts leave them how they are.

Shanudis method works too but it puts in an extra taunt that's kind of unnecessary.

That's a... good point. My group was focusing on keeping two guards on a specific tank (me) and one on the other tank. Much more sensible to taunt that way. I'm an idiot.

Deleted
    I'm a little bit confused. So C completes with DK, and then he starts to announce which one should be taunted? Leaving the DK with 2 guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulus View Post
    I'm a little bit confused. So C completes with DK, and then he starts to announce which one should be taunted? Leaving the DK with 2 guards.
    ok so C overloads and explodes on the DK, who also has A. Five seconds later tehy announce the next petrify...if its on A no need to taunt, just let A blow up.. if its on B the warrior simply needs to taunt C off lets B blow up... the trick is that whichever is petrifying to always have the lowest energy one(the one that just blew up) next to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lological View Post
    the trick is that whichever is petrifying to always have the lowest energy one(the one that just blew up) next to it.
    ^^ this. Very logical and correct, Mr. Lological.

And if I'm not mistaken, the one petrifying will be glowing green? not sure about that (i was healing).

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    ^^ this. Very logical and correct, Mr. Lological.

And if I'm not mistaken, the one petrifying will be glowing green? not sure about that (i was healing).
    they get a glowing ring around their base, i think its color depends on which it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lological View Post
    dk taunts a (or b doesn't matter) over.. then at ~50% energy warrior takes C over to have it explode with B (that stayed with warrior) at 50% for explosion. Then if Dks A gets the next petrified have them taunt C if not juts leave them how they are.

Shanudis method works too but it puts in an extra taunt that's kind of unnecessary.
    I guess it's too hard for my brain to grasp the mechanic... After all the explanations - I still don't get it.
    So if I understand correctly, C starts to cast, DK -immediately- taunts over A and waits until both C and A get to 50 %, then the warrior takes C and explodes it with B. But wont B have already 50 % because DK waited before taunting A?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tank 1 - Dog A (0 Energy), Dog B (0 Energy)
    Tank 2 - Dog C (0 Energy),

Dog C gets petrify meanwhile Dog A and Dog B have around 10 Energy. Tank 2 taunts Dog B which will leave Dog A at 10 energy and cause Dog C to start gaining energy. Once Dog C has 50 energy Tank 1 taunts Dog C which results in Dog B to stop gaining energy. This leaves you in the situation of:

Tank 1 - Dog A (10 Energy), Dog C (50 Energy)
    Tank 2 - Dog B (60 Energy)

Dog A and Dog C will now continue to gain energy, Dog C will then reach 100 energy, explode and clear the petrify debuff. Now that all the dogs have different energy levels it should be easy for you to control which 2 Dogs gain energy and which one to explode depending on your debuff.

I think you need context to understand the mechanics.

3 important principles to understand.
    - One dog tries to petrify the raid (turn it to stone). You stop this by having it overload, that happens by it reaching full energy
    - The overloads from dogs casting petrification do 90% less damage to the raid.
    - Dogs close to each other gain energy, dogs all on their own (12 yards away) don't.

The goal is to only have the dog casting petrify overload

How? (Assume main tank always has 2 dogs, off tank has 1)

The pull:
    - MT gets 2 dogs and OT gets one
    - A dog casts petrification
    - MT makes sure he has petrification dog and any other dog
    - Petrification dog and its buddy now gain energy to +-40
    - OT taunts non petrifying dog off MT. At the same time MT taunts dog off OT (This means the non petrifying dog stops gaining energy at +-50, the dog that the OT had starts to gain energy from zero so no danger of an overload, and the petrifying dog gets its 100 energy and overloads)

GRATS! Thats the first overload, petrifying dog overloaded, negligable damage to the raid and you are in good shape.

The rest of the fight
    - Next dog casts petrify, MT has to tank this dog. If he doesn't have it he taunts it. If he has it then all is good
    - OT has to have the dog with the highest energy that isn't casting petrify. If he doesn't have it then he taunts it. If he has it then all is good.

Working like this the petrifying dog will always gain energy and because its with a low energy dog it will overload first, as intended. If you follow the 2 points above you should be golden. It's like a one point checklist for MT and OT.