Blizzard keeps getting it wrong ...

PvP in MoP is the worst yet. Blizzard keeps getting it wrong and in MoP, it seems, has attempted to fix a bad situation by making it worse.

There are now so many anti-player and anti-caster mechanics in PvP that it is not uncommon, particularly for healers, to have no ability to control your character for long periods of time. It has become trivial in many circumstances for players to completely neutralize other players by using mods and chaining appropriate anti-player mechanics upon them. This sort of forced helplessness is not fun. It isn't even close to being fun. Rather, it is very frustrating. Apparently Blizzard attempted to solve the problem of having a PvP environment that was so overburdened with anti-player mechanics ... by adding even more anti-player mechanics.

Add to this the fact that the damage / health_pool ratio is so high that it is common to get globalled. I find it sadly ironic to find things in the state they are now when Blizzard has stated in its own forums that it understands the problems with burst damage and excessive lack of control. Apparently they have been only paying lip service.

PvP in WoW has never been worse than it is right now. I have no confidence that Blizzard will be able to improve the situation or that it even cares to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothri View Post
    There are now so many anti-player and anti-caster mechanics in PvP that it is not uncommon, particularly for healers, to have no ability to control your character for long periods of time.
    After this I had to pause and laugh for a few minutes. Pounce->Bash->Cyclone->Root. HoJ and spammable Repentance/Paladin Blind, Psyfiend...You on drugs?

CC chains have existed in PVP for years, they really aren't any different now. The biggest change is the nerf to dispels. On the subject of people being "globalled" try getting some PVP gear. None of my friends are having that problem, and we're all close to if not fully honor geared.

We warned them multiple times in beta for months and months and they refused to listen. They avoid the PVP forums like the plague.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must be the only one who think pvp improves every season. Not because of Blizzard, but because the skill standards get higher every season.