Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Your Most Favorite Zelda Dungeon/Temple EVER

Most Favorite:

Tower of the Gods - Wind Waker

The scene where the Tower comes out of the sea is frigging epic. The music is amazing, and the boss is pretty cool.

Bottle Grotto - Links Awakening

Nostalgic. Remember spending about a month trying to get the boss key, realising you needed to kill the three enemies in order in the key room. When I finally did it, I literally shat bricks.

Spirit Temple - Ocarina of Time

Loved every second of it. Fighting those armoured knights, getting the Mirror shield and fighting the witches (probably the best Zelda boss made).

Least Favorite:

Inside Jaba's Belly - Ocarina of Time

Annoying as feck carrying Ruto around everywhere. Falling down the wrong hole is the biggest facepalm in the game.

Temple of Time - Twilight Princess

SO much potential, but having to guide a statue the entire dungeon is really annoying. The control rod sucks.

Snowfall Temple - Majoras Mask

Mostly because it took me longer than Water Temple to figure out. It's an OK temple, but just have bed memories.

Your turn

Ancient Cistern (Skyward Sword):

Just hauntingly beautiful, the entire dungeon was really well made, and Koloktos is easily one of the best bosses in the series. This could explain more than I could: http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2012/01/...cient-cistern/

Forest Temple (OOT):

Atmosphere is top notch, it's dark, and really creepy. I think they really achieved what they wanted with the music, and the over tone throughout the entirety of it.

Stone Tower Temple (Majora's Mask):

Honestly.. I love the music, a lot. It's probably the only reason it's being listed. Probably one of my favorite tracks in the entire series, somewhere after Dark World.

A runner up would be the Sand Ship from Skyward Sword, just.. mecha pirates, I really enjoyed it a lot.

As for least favorites,

Water Temple (OOT): It is SO easy to screw this up, I think there was even a way in the original game to completely fuck your entire save file over by using the wrong key on the wrong door. To this day, I STILL get lost in here.

Water Temple (MM): This is kind of a huge hurdle in replaying MM for me, I love the game, I really do, but the pre events following it, and the temple itself, just quickly turn me off. :<

Water Temple (TP): Yep, all 3. Annoying as fuck water raising stuff, just.. everything that makes all of these temples a huge pain in the ass.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-12-03 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Ancient Cistern (Skyward Sword):

Just hauntingly beautiful, the entire dungeon was really well made, and Koloktos is easily one of the best bosses in the series. This could explain more than I could: http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2012/01/...cient-cistern/

Forest Temple (OOT):

Atmosphere is top notch, it's dark, and really creepy. I think they really achieved what they wanted with the music, and the over tone throughout the entirety of it.

Stone Tower Temple (Majora's Mask):

Honestly.. I love the music, a lot. It's probably the only reason it's being listed. Probably one of my favorite tracks in the entire series, somewhere after Dark World.

A runner up would be the Sand Ship from Skyward Sword, just.. mecha pirates, I really enjoyed it a lot.

As for least favorites,

Water Temple (OOT): It is SO easy to screw this up, I think there was even a way in the original game to completely fuck your entire save file over by using the wrong key on the wrong door. To this day, I STILL get lost in here.

Water Temple (MM): This is kind of a huge hurdle in replaying MM for me, I love the game, I really do, but the pre events following it, and the temple itself, just quickly turn me off. :<

Water Temple (TP): Yep, all 3. Annoying as fuck water raising stuff, just.. everything that makes all of these temples a huge pain in the ass.
    Nope, not possible. I thought this as well, but then I found the key under the central tower. (Raise the water so the block rises and you can swim under)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Nope, not possible. I thought this as well, but then I found the key under the central tower. (Raise the water so the block rises and you can swim under)
    Ah, I've only heard that it was possible, I never confirmed it for myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like Snowhead from Majora's Mask, it was a good challenge but not too hard and music was catchy (as most dungeon music was in that game)

I HATED City in the Sky from TP, I hated getting there, doing the temple and anything related to it. It's literally the only reason I've only beaten TP one (and annoying wolf parts).

Favorites would be:
    SS Ancient Cistern
    OoT Forest Temple
    TP Snowpeak Ruins

Least:
    PH Temple of the Ocean King
    MC Palace of Winds
    MM Stone Tower Temple (it's just incredibly easy to get lost in and it takes forever to get out of when you do)
    And OoT Fire Temple. Never liked fire/lava dungeons in general, but this one is the worst.

Favourites
    Forest Temple (OoT) - As others have said, it just has a great atmosphere.

Goron Mines (TP) - The parts with the iron boots and the magnetic ceiling were really fun. The rest of the dungeon was good as well, and the boss fight was cool (although easy. All the TP bosses were like that).

Sandship (SS) - Awesome mini-boss, and a great boss fight (not a great looking boss, but the fight itself was fun). The Timeshift stones were a cool mechanic as well. Overall, I think I just like that it was set on a pirate ship.

Least Favourites
    Shadow Temple (OoT).

Great Bay Temple (MM).

Arbiter's Ground (TP) - This one had a lot of potential. The spinner was an amazing item, and the last five minutes of the dungeon plus the boss was my favourite part of the whole game. It's only here because I absolutely hated the rest of the dungeon. If they had focussed on the spinner more, it would probably be in my favourites.

None of the 2D dungeons have really stood out to me for some reason. Only one that comes to mind is Palace of Winds from Minish Cap, which is another one of my favourites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorites:

Fire Sanctuary - SS, Favorite of all time, I love the architecture so much.

Ancient Cistern - SS

Forest Temple - OoT

Temple of Time - TP

Least Favorites:

Shadow Temple - OoT

Wind Temple - WW

Palace of Twilight - TP

My favorite dungeon/temple in Zelda would be the Shadow Temple in Ocarina of Time. Awesome everything.

Least favorite is, of course, Water Temple in OoT, I still play the game every now and then but I tend to lose interest around water temple time :P

Haven't gotten a chance to play Skyward Sword just yet. As soon as the price drops just a bit more I'm gonna grab it 'cause I'm starting to get ansy :P

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    PH Temple of the Ocean King
    I think I keep mentally blocking this out.

You guys seriously liked Ancient Cistern lol? Idk the lighting was so weird and the way the main entrance was circular it was just a little weird for me. Still good but ehhh.

Skyward Sword: I loved the pirate ship place and the part of the sailing to get to the lighthouse and stuff. Pirate ship was so cool, you fought that guy on the plank and had to knock him off. The place was fucking creepy too and the ship ended up starting to sink and you had to dodge barrels and get the fuck out of there. And then the octopus monster came in? I spent like 10 minutes trying to vertical skyward strike slash the tentacles until I realized I had to cut horizontal. And then the bow and arrow thing where you had to aim around the windows and shit to switch between past and present? Fucking amazing.

Favorite was OOT: Water temple.

Least favorite was MM: Great Bay temple.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    You guys seriously liked Ancient Cistern lol? Idk the lighting was so weird and the way the main entrance was circular it was just a little weird for me. Still good but ehhh.
    I loved the design, the back story, and the over all eeriness of it having that lower level after seeing how beautiful the top part of it was. The subtle things they added in it were great too, like the red string, the spiders all over, and the rupee in the Buddha statue's hand and how it closes on you if you try to take it. The item you get in it is really fun too. (the whip)

Overall, it to me is one of the best in the series.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-12-04 at 04:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by franklampard View Post
    nope, not possible. I thought this as well, but then i found the key under the central tower. (raise the water so the block rises and you can swim under)
    omg that was the problem everyone had! I fucking restarted twice when i found this.

I find your lack of ALTTP in this thread disturbing.

PS: OOT Water Temple is for pros only, step up your game trollololol

10+ Year Old Account
    I think any dungeon in Skyward Sword was just not good enough. It would've been better if Fi didn't freaking tell me what to do all the time. What I want out of dungeons in any game is whether or not they are difficult. Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, some dungeons in 4 swords adventures, and Twilight Princess all had excellent dungeons for first timers, as they had good difficulty curves, and good lead up moments to the dungeons with the hard dungeons afterwards. Although I will agree the second dungeon in Majora's Mask was far more difficult than most dungeons. You needed bombs to progress and you didn't even know where to get them. And it turns out, you can only get them through a side quest in the game, which insanely pissed me off to no end. And the biggest piss off moment was that you didn't even know you needed dungeons because there was no clue or hint on where to go. To me, that is not good dungeon design, that's just a barrier in Nintendo's creativity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only temple I really enjoyed in Zelda was the temple where you fought the pinball boss at the end. The pinball mechanic was just too fun.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I'm surprised so many people don't like Great Bay Temple. I like it a lot, mostly because I know it like the back of my hand, and its actually quite linear unlike OoT's Water Temple which has you backtracking, going up and down, and doing tedious shit like changing the water level or switching boots(though in the 3DS its faster).

Favorites:
    Sandship(SS), Forsaken Fortress(WW), Snowpeak(TP), Forest Temple(OoT), Spirit Temple(OoT), Shadow Temple(OoT), Woodfall Temple(MM), Great Bay Temple(MM), Stone Tower Temple(MM), Arbiter's Grounds(TP), Temple of Time(TP), Ancient Cistern(SS).

Least Favorites:
    Lake Hylia Temple(TP), City in the Sky(TP), Sky Keep(SS)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    I'm surprised so many people don't like Great Bay Temple. I like it a lot, mostly because I know it like the back of my hand, and its actually quite linear unlike OoT's Water Temple which has you backtracking, going up and down, and doing tedious shit like changing the water level or switching boots(though in the 3DS its faster).
    Great Bay Temple was pretty cool but it is far easier than the water temple. Or less complicated because as you said, it is a lot linear, so it wasn't that complicated or tried to be complicated.

I'm the opposite. I don't really understand why everyone dislikes the OoT Water Temple, but I hated Great Bay.. It was irritating the first time I went through (I was still a kid, which probably contributed to that) but every time after it's been a piece of cake. The only way I can see you getting confused is if you miss one of the keys. I don't remember much back tracking either, unless you missed something like I said. I think you only have to go back to change the water level once or twice.

Then again, I've played through Ocarina countless times and Majora's Mask only once, so I might be biased.
    Last edited by Duruka; 2012-12-04 at 09:58 PM.