Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stone Guards were pretty easy. We got Jade, Cobalt and Amethyst.

The way we did it was:

Warrior (me) started tanking amethyst. DK tanked cobalt +jade. Now, 2 different scenarios could occur.

1. Cobalt or jade debuff = keep tanking like you already are

2. Amethyst debuff = taunt jade or cobalt, when the with debuff reaches ~50 energy, the DK taunts the one giving the debuff. Resulting in debuffing one overloading.

From here it's very simple. If one of the mobs who're already together starts applying his debuff, keep tanking them as you are. If the lonely one starts giving the debuff, taunt the one who just overloaded and has no energy. Rinse and repeat until dead.

We did this with a warrior + dk tank and druid + shaman healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Skallfraktur View Post
    Stone Guards were pretty easy. We got Jade, Cobalt and Amethyst.

The way we did it was:

Warrior (me) started tanking amethyst. DK tanked cobalt +jade. Now, 2 different scenarios could occur.

1. Cobalt or jade debuff = keep tanking like you already are

2. Amethyst debuff = taunt jade or cobalt, when the with debuff reaches ~50 energy, the DK taunts the one giving the debuff. Resulting in debuffing one overloading.

From here it's very simple. If one of the mobs who're already together starts applying his debuff, keep tanking them as you are. If the lonely one starts giving the debuff, taunt the one who just overloaded and has no energy. Rinse and repeat until dead.

We did this with a warrior + dk tank and druid + shaman healer.
    The only issue I would see here, and I'm interested in how you solved it, is that you get two overloads at a time but only one debuff to mitigate the damage. Did you just heal through the dual overloads? was there not a OOMing issue, or did you burn it down so quickly doing it this way, with only 2 healers, that it wasn't as much of an issue?

We found it to be a challenge, but we killed it on the third try anyway. We didnt even think of the blowing blue patches on cobalt. We grapped our paladins, bubbled them and sent them running through clearing all of them. Otherwise keeping the taunting perfectly aligned one at 100% one at 66% and one at 33%, constantly swapping the right ones around. Ovbiously we had never tried it before, so if youre in the same boat, id recommend you to get your healers some serious gear, our healers carried us on that fight - Letting us off easy when we did tiny mistakes like failing on moving. We never failed on the blowups though, and id advise you not to, its simple just not an option.

Was good to have a challenge, I like that Blizzard kept to their guns about making Normal more difficult now that LFR is there for easier content.

Inb4 people flood forums screaming for nerfs though.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Was good to have a challenge, I like that Blizzard kept to their guns about making Normal more difficult now that LFR is there for easier content.

Agreed. After the cakewalk of the DS I was surprised at the difficulty of MSV. Was defo a nice surprise though so certainly hope it doesn't get nerfed any time soon. God help the guy trying to put a pug together earlier today on my server though!

We had amethyst, jade, jasper. We just buddied up for chains and didn't break them. Took like 4 pulls to kill. Then got feng to 20% with a 343ish ilvl dps

Deleted
    Took it down on the second attempt in a pug. The entire fight is basically about tanks having brains. Me and my friend was tanking and after we realised how the explosion worked ( first attempt we did not know alot about the fight ), on the second pull we did not get a single explosion so it was just a cake walk.

Deleted

Prettymuch this.

We had an offtank who hadn't tanked, as far as I'm aware, ever. Took us far longer than I expected to get it nailed, but got the kill.

Was happy to get some degree of challenge out of normals, I'd grown to expect morechock style encounters that were just facerolled. Unfortunately, I expect nerfs to be rolling out fairly soon, people have been spoiled and I'm sure a decent chunk of the playerbase will be unhappy that it'll take some solid tactics and execution to kill things in normal.

I hope blizzard stick to their guns though, most fun I've had in ages.

Amythest, Cobalt and Jade for anyone interested. Annoying as hell having the entire floor coated in crap - having rogues / paladins / spriests to clear the ice-mine things helped a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    The way we pulled it - which is really how you set up the raid is:

I pulled the two dogs on the right, tanked them.

DK Pulled the one dog on the left. Tanked it.

First petrification debuff - It's the dog the DK is tanking (yay..)

DK taunts one of my dogs, and holds it with his dog.

His dog is now on 50% energy, and because the old one that i was tanking was gaining energy with it's partner before it was taunted, it's on ~70.

DK Taunts my ~20 energy dog that I've been holding (The remainder of the 2 at the start)

I taunt the ~70 energy dog.

The Appropriate dog now Overloads, leaving the DK holding a ~70 energy(a) and a ~0 energy dog(b), and myself with a ~70 energy dog(c).

Now, if either of the 70 energy dogs begin to overload you can simply pair it with the 0 energy dog, leaving the other 70 dog on it's own.

For example, (a) is now overloading. because the dk is already tanking (a) and (b) - he just holds them, lets (a) overload and (b) will then be on ~30 energy. So it's as follows now

(a) = 0
    (b) = 30
    (c) = 70

(c) is now overloading. I taunt the (a) over and hold it. I think you get the gist of it now
    At the point where you switched your ~20 dog for his ~70 dog, could you not have just taunted the overloading dog over to be with your ~20 instead? Or am I missing something?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoooter View Post
    At the point where you switched your ~20 dog for his ~70 dog, could you not have just taunted the overloading dog over to be with your ~20 instead? Or am I missing something?
    You don't really want your dps target moving across the room when you can avoid it. You're just losing out on melee damage that way, and increasing the likelihood someone steps on a mine.

Deleted
    The boss is easy to understimate. It took us more tries than it should because I thought it easier to get away with 0 overloads. If you dont taunt asap, coupled with the fact that the new petrifications take some seconds to appear, its easy to end with something like 80+0 and 90. If you are lucky and the new petrify is the one high and already coupled, you are ok. If not, by the time you try to switch it may explode, and you better call for raid cds. Was pretty angry at myself for taking it so lightly. 40 mins lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    The only issue I would see here, and I'm interested in how you solved it, is that you get two overloads at a time but only one debuff to mitigate the damage. Did you just heal through the dual overloads? was there not a OOMing issue, or did you burn it down so quickly doing it this way, with only 2 healers, that it wasn't as much of an issue?
    Actually we only got 1 overload at a time. The first scenario was a bit wrong. The one tanking 1 add would taunt the debuffing boss once he reached 50 energy. After that you'd just keep tanking them like you were, unless the single one was debuffing, which in that case that tank would taunt the one who just overloaded on the other side.

Too late . People expect to clear the whole raid in the first evening I guess ^^.

Really looking forward to these raids. I bought MoP yesterday so it will take some time (a week ;p) to be able to do them.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 01:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Prettymuch this.

We had an offtank who hadn't tanked, as far as I'm aware, ever. Took us far longer than I expected to get it nailed, but got the kill.

Was happy to get some degree of challenge out of normals, I'd grown to expect morechock style encounters that were just facerolled. Unfortunately, I expect nerfs to be rolling out fairly soon, people have been spoiled and I'm sure a decent chunk of the playerbase will be unhappy that it'll take some solid tactics and execution to kill things in normal.

I hope blizzard stick to their guns though, most fun I've had in ages.

Amythest, Cobalt and Jade for anyone interested. Annoying as hell having the entire floor coated in crap - having rogues / paladins / spriests to clear the ice-mine things helped a lot.
    I hope I can do them before nerfs ;/. Just want that progression feeling, like your group is learning, instead of facerolling everything. We will see .
    Last edited by Gilian; 2012-10-04 at 01:32 PM.

Easy fight. Once taunts are good.

This is a tank fight, if your tanks aren't good at communicating and taunting you're doomed. We managed to kill the first three bosses so far and they have all been very fun in terms of mechanics and difficulty. I think they are tuned just right, they did a nice job with the raid bosses so far. Can't wait for heroics.

We had zaphire and amethist which was a bit annoying, but after a few pulls we got the flow of the fight, and then it was pretty reasonable. I'd say it was an enjoyable challenge for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    The boss is easy to understimate. It took us more tries than it should because I thought it easier to get away with 0 overloads. If you dont taunt asap, coupled with the fact that the new petrifications take some seconds to appear, its easy to end with something like 80+0 and 90. If you are lucky and the new petrify is the one high and already coupled, you are ok. If not, by the time you try to switch it may explode, and you better call for raid cds. Was pretty angry at myself for taking it so lightly. 40 mins lost.
    Always have tanks taunt at 50.

I have a feeling we were taking too much Jasper Chains damage.

Could some one explain to me how those are supposed to work. I just dont know when to break them.

Or how we break them for that matter /sigh.
    Last edited by Susej; 2012-10-04 at 04:13 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We had some trubble on this boss.
    the taunting was fine after some trial and error, but the hole room seemed to fill up with those damn ice crystals and blue/purple goo on the ground.
    Any way to avoid that? / Remove it?

We had the entire group stack and broke no chains at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?