Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    No, leveling dungeons are impossibly easy. No more traumatic at all.
    It's not a matter of difficulty, as the saying goes "hell is the other people". Having to deal with the always present jerks is what makes me prefer to lvl my alts through questing alone and not enter a dungeon until I hit max lvl.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol had a similar problem on my DK the other day, group of 4 friends (3 damage and a healer) all from same guild/server/etc and they start calling me noob and bad because they keep pulling the boss and wiping us (i wouldnt go until they let me pull due to their insistant bragging of how good they are an how bad i am) so when they finally got to the point of trying to kick me I just voted to kick the healer and they kicked their buddy from the group
    Duck walks into a bar, says to the bartender, "Got any grapes?" Bartender says no, duck says "Got any grapes?" "No" "Got any grapes?" "NO!" "Got any--" "If you say got any grapes one more time I'm going to nail your bill to the wall..." "Got a nail?" "No." "Got any grapes?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BRO90X View Post
    As a warrior, you should be able to hold aggro in any aoe situation. Ive dungeon leveled my monk so far from 15-58 and only have had compliments.
    Yeah, I think you proved the OP's point about the player base. Why would anyone want to try something new when people are immediately critical of your attempts? If only everyone was as good as you, am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by WilanRohling View Post
    People cannot understand that they aren't in charge of everyone else in the game. I play tanks almost exclusively, and the thing I've learned is to just ignore them and pull what I want, how I want. If they want to pull first, don't help them, just let them take the mobs and you go to the next group and pull it. Usually this causes the healer to have to increase their output a lot, and hopefully will get them on your side.

If not, try to just run with friends/guildies, or do what I do in extreme cases: RP walk the rest of the instance. If they kick you, who cares, you get an instant queue anyway.

Thing is, people are just selfish. They don't care about you or anyone else, only their self-satisfaction. That's fine when you pay to play, but a decent human being should have some sort of respect for others, regardless of whether they're face to face with someone or not.

To answer your last question: Yes, people in PUGs are like this ALL the time. Some might say I'm exaggerating, but I have seen this type of behavior in most, if not all, of the random dungeons I've tanked.
    When I played, I primarily tanked as well. Last time I tanked was a ZG, the group couldn't focus target the chains fast enough. Then blamed me for not doing enough DPS. When I am kiting... pulling Berserkers... and AOEing ghosts.. all at the same time.

I was like.. this Hunter should be doing at least XXX DPS being in Firelands Normal gear. He is at like 8 k DPS... you blame me for not enough DPS.. insanity.*You have been removed from the group.*

WTF!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BRO90X View Post
    As a warrior, you should be able to hold aggro in any aoe situation. Ive dungeon leveled my monk so far from 15-58 and only have had compliments.
    If the warrior is well geared. If the warrior is used to tanking and comfortable with it. If the herp derp DPS don't pull extra mobs while Thunderclap/Shockwave is on cooldown. If the tank doesn't miss because he's 3 levels lower than the mobs.

The point the OP is trying to make is not "I'm an awesome tank and I'm still losing aggro", it's "I don't PVE much because randoms are rude to newbies".

OP, if you're going to tank, you need to force yourself to have thicker skin until you're a bit more comfortable with the role. Remember, they can kick you all day long and your queue is still instant. After a while you'll be able to compensate for even the most trigger-happy DPS, but always keep in mind that if they don't go at your pace, it's their own fault. They can cry "lol omg nub tank" as much as they want, but the only nubs there are them.

For every group of rude teenagers there are three times as many groups of decent human beings. Just let them know at the start that you're new to tanking and most people will actually be patient and courteous.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 05:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    It's really annoying how some people want you to pull everything and just AoE it down.
    Was tanking Jade Temple for the first time on my Monk and some hunter kept telling me to "pull more". But i just kept my pace, in fact i didn't type anything. Just kept going.

In a WoTLK dungeon i had an Mage that wanted to pull more and went as far as pull more himself. I left him to die and kicked him.

You are the tank, your queue is instant, just kick those asshats.
    The only person I ever listen to about "pull more/pull less" is the healer. DPS need to know their place, which is "utterly replaceable, optional tagalongs". Their job in any leveling dungeon could be done by a Searing Totem or a damage % buff on the tank.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Hate to break it to you, OP, but you're at fault here. Tanks set the pace of a dungeon run. The only time you shouldn't be moving and pulling is if the healer is oom, and that is extremely rare while leveling up. Dps shouldn't be getting a chance to pull more mobs because you should be doing it first. If you don't like chain pullin or going at a quick pace, then please respec to dps and stop queuing as a tank.

Don't blame PvE on a few dickheads being like that. You'll find people that are like that throughout the game. You just have to deal with them, and get over it. As long as you weren't doing anything wrong on your end, you're fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Hate to break it to you, OP, but you're at fault here. Tanks set the pace of a dungeon run. The only time you shouldn't be moving and pulling is if the healer is oom, and that is extremely rare while leveling up. Dps shouldn't be getting a chance to pull more mobs because you should be doing it first. If you don't like chain pullin or going at a quick pace, then please respec to dps and stop queuing as a tank.
    Your conclusion is false. DPS should be respectful of the pace at which the tank decides to pull, precisely because the tank sets the pace of the dungeon.

Behavior such as what you are suggesting is one of the reasons why people don't like rolling tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find a guild, randoms are full of jerks.
    Qui a rejeté son démon nous importune avec ses anges.
    -Henri Michaux

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naeton View Post
    Find a guild, randoms are full of jerks.
    I hear it's slightly quicker to level up via questing anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Areox View Post
    Alright, I know what I can and cannot handle at 58 when the mobs are 61.
    There's a massive step up in gear from original WoW (<58) and Outland. Leveling dungeons seem to be massively nerfed (maybe partly all the heirlooms) but still, there's a case for waiting until you have done the HF quests to gear up before running 5 mans. Going in at 60, not 58 could make a lot of difference.

I knew they were going to just AOE things down, fine by me..., "they arent letting me get aggro"
    My experience levelling four tanks with a lot of LFD is that you do get people who will try to usurp the tank's job (pulling) but they are not that common. I would not let it deter you.

Make sure your tank is as well geared as you can and play aggressively, trusting to your healer to keep you up. If you keep a reasonable pace, most levelling PUGs will be happy. Don't let a few impatient players put you off.

The community of WoW is greatly flawed, and massively unforgiving and unwelcoming to anyone new. It's flat out the biggest problem with the game, and a huge stopping block for gaining new people to the game. This is all systemic of the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Yeah well, this is why I don't do PvP:

"OMG! just give up already!"
    "You guys suck!"
    "This team is horrible!"
    "OMFG WHY ARE YOU IN PVE GEAR?"
    THIS All of this.

PvP is far far FAR worse for crappy elitism or "know it alls".

I used to exclusively Arena and BG all throught BC, so am experienced in PvP and was very geared at a time for it

During WotLK i switched to PvE, as i joined a guild etc, i thought id try my hand at a WSG whilst i was bored, whilst waiting for the gates to come down i got TWO whispers from different players suggesting i should leave or that i suck for coming in PvE gear.

wtf, yeah sure im not going to be as much of an asset as someone whos fully decked out in resilience gear, but you gotta get geared for PvP somehow right?.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Behavior such as what you are suggesting is one of the reasons why people don't like rolling tanks.
    Spot on, im playing my Warrior at the moment for MoP with the intention of having it has my new main (levelled it to 85 as Fury during cata, never touched again) and have never once tried tanking as a prot warrior (very experienced tank, was a MT Pally tank all through WotLK and Cata) but wouldnt know where to start as a prot warr, and am ultra hesitant to even bother gear it as my OS as i dont want to be in the position of getting yelled at by hyperactive button mashing DPS'ers whilst i figure out my rotation/limits as a warrior tank.
    Last edited by kamikaze148; 2012-10-04 at 07:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    THIS All of this.

PvP is far far FAR worse for crappy elitism or "know it alls".

I used to exclusively Arena and BG all throught BC, so am experienced in PvP and was very geared at a time for it

During WotLK i switched to PvE, as i joined a guild etc, i thought id try my hand at a WSG whilst i was bored, whilst waiting for the gates to come down i got TWO whispers from different players suggesting i should leave or that i suck for coming in PvE gear.

wtf, yeah sure im not going to be as much of an asset as someone whos fully decked out in resilience gear, but you gotta get geared for PvP somehow right?.
    PvP players are slightly easier to shut down in that you can link a 2200 achievement they tend to clam up afterwards.

But yes, in my experience PvP elitists are slightly more douchey than PvE ones.

OP is just bad at tanking. Cold hard facts, care if that sounds elitist. Now days tanking on any levels but max level raiding, is nothing but pushing sequence of buttons inn a decent right order, cause of threat and damage being OP as tank. Been like that since WOTLK really.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    OP is just bad at tanking. Cold hard facts, care if that sounds elitist. Now days tanking on any levels but max level raiding, is nothing but pushing sequence of buttons inn a decent right order, cause of threat and damage being OP as tank. Been like that since WOTLK really.
    Not everyone was born with a No Light Yogg achievement stamped on their ass. Some people need to learn, and the WoW community is notorious at being hostile to those that are in the process of learning.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    Do people really pay attention to the score board? That's gotta be the worst metric of success for battlegrounds.[COLOR="red"]
    Just because you said that:

Sometimes the scoreboard does mean something, though you have to know how to read it and have constant map awareness for your team to compare it on something like AV or AB.

Deleted
    So you dislike things you have to be good at ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
    I understand... you think you dislike pve, but you actually dislike playing with random people with no patience or education.

(I dislike that too... So I got myself into a guild)
    This

Levelling as a tank in instances can be a horrible experience. My solution is to queue as dps instead and switch to tank at level cap where people are usually more sane

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Not everyone was born with a No Light Yogg achievement stamped on their ass. Some people need to learn, and the WoW community is notorious at being hostile to those that are in the process of learning.
    Please dont say that tanking is hard while lvling. I swear, its so easy it makes propor DPS rotation seem hard when you're lvling.

Its not being elitist, tanking is really just that easy now days. Slap on some heirlooms, pull mass packs so you're healer and DPS'eres aint bored, and do 50% of all damage. I could have a much harder time doing good DPS while lvling than tanking.

Only thing thats easiere than tanking is healing while lvling. Now days healers quit OP damage, so atleast they can DPS while healing np now.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO