Thread: Fury and Arms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by scadouche View Post
    Read a few posts above my recent post and his post. Evidence is in the logs. Which is a failure on you and him to read the thread. I'm done.
    Which, once again, is a claim with basically no evidence shown. That's one log, of two fights. You can be "done" all you want, you still haven't shown anything backing up your claims.

quite funny, seen more of this threads and opinions are so different by most posters.
    perhaps they finally got them on a same level, where perhaps 1 only outshines in certain situations.
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

No heroic fights available. Play the spec you are most comfortable with. You are a human, not a robot. If you aren't comfortable playing a different spec -well-, then you will be bound to perform worse.

I rerolled a Warrior(Prot/Arms) for MOP and have been having trouble keeping up with a WW Monk, who's doing 10k more than me. I'm doing low 30s usually on boss fights and terrible dps compared to them on trash. I've followed the information I've found but am not able to really improve. I normally pick up classes easily and have no trouble being one of the top DPS. I reforged and all and it didn't seem to help a lot, I have a 363 ilvl weapon(mace from scarlet halls). Anyone have any tips?
    [110][110][110][110][110][110][100][90][90][85][59][70]

Quote Originally Posted by Mysta View Post
    I rerolled a Warrior(Prot/Arms) for MOP and have been having trouble keeping up with a WW Monk, who's doing 10k more than me. I'm doing low 30s usually on boss fights and terrible dps compared to them on trash. I've followed the information I've found but am not able to really improve. I normally pick up classes easily and have no trouble being one of the top DPS. I reforged and all and it didn't seem to help a lot, I have a 363 ilvl weapon(mace from scarlet halls). Anyone have any tips?
    Could you provide a link to your armory? I know you said you did your reforging, but that would give us a lot more insight of what your problem might be.

I'm logged out in PvP gear atm. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yzeka/advanced

But can see a few pieces that aren't PvP(the weapon enchant is just something I threw on there until I unlock the new ones from Shado-pan)
    Oh and ignore random chants on PvP gear, I used those in my chanting macros to level up.(This is a brand new character)
    Last edited by Mysta; 2012-10-08 at 07:20 PM.

I'm afraid I couldn't tell you too much if you're in PvP gear, unfortunately =/

I'll assume your wonky hit/expertise numbers are because of the PvP gear. Looking at the pieces that aren't, your cloak could have the haste in it reforged, and your engineer trinket would be better off with hit/exp/crit, rather than hit/exp/mastery.

It would certainly help a huge amount if you could log out in your PvE gear, so it could be ran through simcraft and such. At these lower gear levels though, your stat priority is most likely Hit/Exp > Str > Crit = AP > Mastery > Haste.

Alright I will definitely do that when I'm home from work. Do you know of any place I could see damage % of abilities in a fight so I can get an idea of if i'm over-prioritizing something subconsciously?
    My current priority is MS-> CS -> Overpower -> Slam if over 80 rage -> Heroic strike if 4 stacks of taste for blood(which isn't common). I usually use recklessness/avatar at 20%, Heroics don't have much execute phase though, which I wonder if that's part of it.

I believe simcraft as well, would simulate about what percent of your overall damage each of your abilities would do.

I do see some minor issues in your rotation, however. From what I understand, it should be CS > Execute (if available) > MS > OP > Slam. You say you slam if over 80 rage, are you saying you don't use it at all unless 80+ rage? One of the most important things is to have something to hit for those 3 GCDs in between MS. For taste for blood, Heroic Strikes deals more damage slam after 2 or more stacks, so you don't NEED to wait for at least four to make use of them. Are you lining up Berserker Rage with other abilities? I couldn't tell you exactly how to use avatar, since I chose stormbolt, but if you're only using your cooldowns at 20%, that would be a problem, since especially in heroics, you won't have much of an execute phase. I would try using them with the pull, to get that initial burst.

You also mentioned your AoE was lacking, what do you normally do in an AoE situation?

As Arms I usually do Sweeping Strikes 100% uptime, Thunderclap to deep wounds everything everytime I activate Sweeping Strikes and use WW with the excess rage that will be produced as a rage dump. I only do that when there is 4+ targets though.

Okay, armor should show pve gear. The reason I had my trinket like that was so it would benefit prot and arms, but I now have a new prot trinket so I could probably change that.

And what the guy above said, I just didn't seem to generate enough rage from ms or anything to ww more than once every ms, and even then there was usually a pause.

Deleted
    I've done Gara'jal and Spirit Kings tonight on 25man mode and it feels like both specs do fairly/nearly the same damage. Here's the parse from tonights raid - WoL - reports/rt-o410pqs7vc0cqw7d/ (apparently I am not allowed yet to post any kinds of links at the moment).
    If anyone has any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer those.

Hey, sorry for the late response!

One of your most glaring issues is definitely your hit and expertise. You REALLY want to get the 7.50% caps on both those, I would certainly start revolving your reforges, gems, and enchants around reaching that cap, and you'll probably see a significant dps increase from that.

As for your AoE, I'd treat it like your normal rotation, but with your rage priority becoming Sweeping Strikes > TC > WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysta View Post
    And what the guy above said, I just didn't seem to generate enough rage from ms or anything to ww more than once every ms, and even then there was usually a pause.
    Yeah unfortunately you can't spam WW. But as you have SS up and deep wounds ticking just use normal rotation and to rage dump use WW instead of HS. you can usually fit around 2x WW in before you need to refresh SS and DW.

Deleted
    What do you guys think of Arms vs. Fury ? I've picked myself TG as a starter since you get more secondary stats on 2x 2 handed weapons making your crit chance higher, thus more enrage uptime. As I was progressing through MSV, I played Fury and our 2nd guild warrior played Arms. We were pretty close to each other on two bosses and on the rest I was in front of him. He was having some latency issues, but my question is, can Arms outdps Fury if played well, since raidbots shows that arms has currently higher score in overall than Fury. What are your thoughts about that guys?

I have switched between fury and arms everytime I manage to get another 2H weapon and always find myself back at Arms because my DPS is just simply better as Arms.

I know for certain that it is probably me just playing fury wrong since I can out AoE my Fury AoE which I know is jut wrong. but yeah imo the specs are VERY close.

Here are some Arms logs (25 man) for people playing Fury to compare to.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y9ct4bhkr3kug584/