Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Why were you spamming CL on two targets?

I haven't seen the fight yet because I've had crap luck with heroic drops, but from what I read, I didn't think CL would be useful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    Why were you spamming CL on two targets?

I haven't seen the fight yet because I've had crap luck with heroic drops, but from what I read, I didn't think CL would be useful.
    CL does more damage on two targets than LB does on one.

Deleted
    Been running with Elemental Mastery (for the burst) and Elemental Blast on Feng, Gara'jal, and the Spirit Kings now; top (Elemental) parse on each fight, topping second highest Elemental Shaman with 7-10K DPS.
    I'm reaching 200k or so burst with Elemental Mastery (don't have the resto t13 4set, not using Heroism on the pull for the most part) in the beginning of the fight; I can't possibly imagine EoE or Ancestral Swiftness being better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Been running with Elemental Mastery (for the burst) and Elemental Blast on Feng, Gara'jal, and the Spirit Kings now; top (Elemental) parse on each fight, topping second highest Elemental Shaman with 7-10K DPS.
    I'm reaching 200k or so burst with Elemental Mastery (don't have the resto t13 4set, not using Heroism on the pull for the most part) in the beginning of the fight; I can't possibly imagine EoE or Ancestral Swiftness being better.
    If you run the Resto t13 4set bonus you get the use of Elemental Mastery AND the proc from Echo in the pull. Thats the only reason I'm running Echo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    If you run the Resto t13 4set bonus you get the use of Elemental Mastery AND the proc from Echo in the pull. Thats the only reason I'm running Echo.
    Yeah. Wish I hadn't DE'd my old resto set when MoP launched. Or that GMs were faster handling my item restoration requests.
    Last edited by mmocec95b0aeea; 2012-10-07 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Yeah. Wish I hadn't DE'd my old resto set when MoP launched. Or that GMs were faster handling my item restoration requests.
    Blizzard customer rep getting all those request to restore DE'd resto gear, and wondering why all in a sudden

On topic: went in tonight without much preparation (no ptr/beta raids) and went 4/6 without too much difficulties. Friday i made the switch from an azerty keyboard to a qwerty one, and boy does that feel weird. I had times where I fucked up my rotation so bad due to muscle memory, and it being so long that I raided when it mattered (took me 4 tries to actually know that the green circles on boss 1 were not meant to stand in) and was still able to be competitive on the fights, while we got a couple rank one parses.

The first boss I ran with the suggested glyphs, and I felt that I wouldn't have been able to get off many EB's since we were moving as 1 group. Went with elemental mastery over echo, ... if you know you'll fuck up up your rotation you can make up by that by just pumping everything in an ascendance. It didn't feel actually that it was having ;much impact on my numbers overall if I was screwing up outside of ascendance. Ranked 13 myself but I bet having dmc was a big reason for that.

Boss 2 gave us a headache due to bugs, tanks not being able to click what they needed to click (eg prior to the pull I could often not use the feast). I was initially sitting on my 2nd ascendance to use during lust in the last 20%, but I eventually used it when it came off cd, and we killed it under 6 minutes. Went with blast, ele mastery and UL glyph. Got ranked 11. With sitting on my 2nd ascendance for lust I could've done much better, and using EM off cd. I ended up swapping the brewfest trinket for the trinket with on use sp from the tree dungeon, with much better results. I still dont think that with our strategy I can cover every movement phase with SWG, so will stick with UL.

Boss 3 was really fun. We got him down on the 3rd try, went down in spirit realm alternating in/out, with chain lightning glyph, which due to adds being too wide spread was a bad choice. Unleash ele will be skipped as well next time, as there really is not much point in having it, Ran EB/EM setup. Ranked 60 something, but screwed up quite big a couple of times.

Boss 4, the council: we got some delays, and a few ninja pulls, and after reading up a bit it sounded really complicated. Figured I'd just do a try to get used to the movement and spell effects, without dps'ing, well casting lightning bolts. Of course this was the try we killed it on, me looking like an idiot in the back. I'm considering to glyph fire ele here, as chain lightning glyph wasn't very useful (it would break before by other instant crap before I'd get off my cast). Unleashed lightning is mandatory here. I went with EB, EM, but will most likely go with prime elementalist and echo next time. It ended up missing quite a good portion of my EM/ascendance due to bad positioning and movement.

All in all, while playing pretty bad, I felt that ele was tons of fun, and still competitive relative to the very good players in our team. So many things I can do different/better. Gotta watch out for threat on opener when you pop everything though.The choice between EB or PE as last talent still confuses me a bit, and playing with echo instead of EM feels very dull, definitely without EB (to me if feels like echo+fire ele seems the safe choice, but with EB/EM you can do more yourself and make better use of circumstances/mechanics).
    Last edited by zenga; 2012-10-08 at 01:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boss 5, Elegon is pretty awesome boss. Ele mastery / EB setup. I went EM for the adds, and would use it on the 4th. Managed to take down 5 on my own, with potting on the 4th, saving a full stack of LS and keep fs on the boss for lava surge procs, You need some luck though to take down the 5th alone. And you can use 3x ascendance if you use it on CD. Ancestral guidance is golden here.

Boss 6: Will of something. Not a whole lot you can do dps wise on the adds. Ghostwolf is really nice to get behind the add with the shield. Capacitor glyph might be good in theory, but we had so much instant cc on the adds that it basically doesn;t madder too much. Glyph of thunderstorm is really nice, and earthgrab totem with projection is plain awesome. I used my ascendance on the big add since we were in trouble, but popping it with ancestral guidance in the phase with the cloud on the ground is an incredible raid help.

Im really liking Elegon, but without EM/EB, it would be quite hard to kill 5 orbs without outside help I feel (without BL or blowing FET/Ascendance) We can push 5 orbs in both phases (2 Halos fom priests and 4th and 5h are amazing help), but I wonder if we should push for 7 with BL in the first wave. In the end, the biggest problem for us are the healers, they just dont manage the fight well at all and one of our tanks sucks, lets people die to the spark adds or protectors... But thats the prize of faceroll DS where healers and tanks had pretty easy time and slacked alot.

So far I feel pretty good with elemental viability and damage, lets see on heroics an with better gear. The talents are, for me, surprisingly flexible. I havent really expected to rotate all t5 talents around and 2 t4 and t6 talents on just 5 bosses.

Are you guys stacking Mastery or haste or just mixing? I have been trying to mix but I checked the top Shaman's on elegon and emperor's and they seem to be mastery stacking.

I'm still struggling on most fights in the bottom half of most fights even though I would have ranked on Emperor's...

The first wave of Raidbots data is out! Obviously the data is hot off the presses and will have to be looked at closely but:
    25Man
    Stone Guard: Middle of the pack.
    Feng: Middle of the pack.
    Gara'jal: Bottom third.
    Spirit Kings: Middle of the pack.
    Elegon: Third from last (this makes me feel better as I thought it was just me).
    Will: Bottom third.

These results pretty much mirror my performance this week in comparison to my guild.

I'm a little higher than what those parses are showing. The fight I find annoying to accurately parse is Gara'Jal since our person parsing was going into the spirit realm most people ended up with like 78% presence and therefore pretty ugly numbers. Skada for me personally put me at 61K as PE spec with Echo. I wonder if that might be a decent fight to glyph the Fire Elemental as he was just coming of CD when we killed it.

I was very disappointed last night with my performance on the Stone Guard. The combo we got had a lot of movement, but even so my dps as elemental hovered around 43k as compared with a similarly geared fire mage who was consistently around 60k (all dungeon heroic gear for both of us). Most of the rest of the dps was right around 43k as well. Are mages broken (good) or is that fight just so much better for mages? Both class/spec rotations are about the same ease of performance.

I find it sad that we have to gimmick using a offspec former tier set bonus to achieve high performance.

Lolth (Stormrage)

Quote Originally Posted by Falorian View Post
    I was very disappointed last night with my performance on the Stone Guard. The combo we got had a lot of movement, but even so my dps as elemental hovered around 43k as compared with a similarly geared fire mage who was consistently around 60k (all dungeon heroic gear for both of us). Most of the rest of the dps was right around 43k as well. Are mages broken (good) or is that fight just so much better for mages? Both class/spec rotations are about the same ease of performance.

I find it sad that we have to gimmick using a offspec former tier set bonus to achieve high performance.

Lolth (Stormrage)
    it is a good fight for mages as they can spread their dots. however I think it is a good one for ele too as you can cleave all the time with cl and for heavy movement you have ul. because you use cl and lvb all the time the ul penalty doesn't hurt so much. however make sure to not use the cl glyph at you will loose dmg in this case.
    if you get used to the mechanics of the boss (I had some trouble yesterday to be honest^^) you will see that its a great fight for you.

btw thx undefetter your impressions helped me a lot to take the "right" talent/glyphs
    Last edited by Nebria; 2012-10-11 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    Will be updating the first post with my impressions of the third three bosses later. Currently eating Pizza and watching Dexter so too busy! :O

Please keep heroic and normal mode information seperate. This - although in no way meant as a guide - is meant to be of use to give advice from the community at large as to how to tackle bosses. I will also be updated the first post with tips from other players soon so anyone who just wants a quick tip or two that might help them can see from the original post. Don't assume everyone is on heroic modes (or visa versa) and thus keep the information seperate please