Thread: Guardian threat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikapika View Post
    Avoided hits still count for vengeance.
    See http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...ysis/#post3701
    Be careful when you read that, avoided hits (in our case Dodge/Miss) extend our current value of Vengeance, it doesn't increase it. Therefore, if you jump into a pull, pop SD, and dodge the first couple of attacks, you extend your current Vengeance... if you started at zero Vengeance, you'll be at zero after avoiding those attacks. You need that one initial hit to give your Vengeance a large boost, then avoiding attacks is less detrimental to your threat.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I've only had a couple issues with threat so far, usually in AoE against prot Warrior. But that's probably just me being awful. Otherwise I have a hard time staying lower on threat when I'm not currently tanking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday had my hands on 489 weapon. All threat issues are blown away same moment. We are very dependant on weapons dps stat after all while other classes can bust thir str.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

No, overall our damage seems to be significantly higher than that on other tanks.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.