How do you guys sell BIG ticket items???

Ive tried it all but cant be taken seriously when Im trying to sell big ticket items (75k+gold items). Ive tried the realm forums and get ignored. Ive tried trade chat and get laughed at. Stuff is on the AH but doesnt seem to get noticed. It seems like anytime I try to sell something with prices that compare to other servers with similar populations I get sarcastic messages saying "good luck with that" as if my entire server is full of moneypinching noobs. Any advice to try and reach the mature rich players of a server? Or do they just not exist on some servers?

Deleted
    To be honest, only thing you can sell with +75k gold is mounts, not gear, if that is what you're trying to do here.

These have included Mounts, rare tabards, DM Decks, you name it and Im not just talking about in MoP. Even getting above the 20k market seems laughable on my server.

15+ Year Old Account
    It helps to be on a higher populated server. The only thing you can really do is be patient...

10+ Year Old Account
    Either you got your Darkmoon deck early and made huge bank on it or you got shafted. Spent 55k making mine and someone is trying to sell theirs in trade for 80k and no one is nibbling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Either you got your Darkmoon deck early and made huge bank on it or you got shafted. Spent 55k making mine and someone is trying to sell theirs in trade for 80k and no one is nibbling.
    I seem to be the only on the server that's put together a complete Tiger Deck (or at least the only one advertising) and I cant even get a decent offer for it. Everyone keeps using the Direbrew trinkets as excuses to not pay for BiS gear. "why pay for gear when you can get them for free" Obviously Im realizing more and more there are little to no min/maxers on my server

And whats wierd is that its 1 of the top 20 most populated US servers. Its definitely by no means Illidan or Kel'thuzad but it's up there.

Deleted
    I'd go for the high pop more mature servers, but its pot luck if you have the competition. I think expansions are bever the same and that the massive prices have not lasted for long. I could afford to buy these items, but I tend to tell guildies to wait a few weeks as all gear is replaced pretty fast. Imo its a lot of effort to make 80k in gold and the differential between the bonus over more easily obtained items is rarely worth it.

You will just have to persevere and hope someone bites. I tend to list on the ah as well. If you have the idea that hey are moneypinching noobs then I think you have a problem. Items are worth what people are prepared to pay for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    DMC trinkets are pretty good at the start of the expansion, so I can understand charging high prices for it. Rare mounts(thus more expensive) are more for the collectors, of which there might be few of on your realm. Usually the min/maxers already have crafters in their guilds so they are probably less inclined to buy gear from AH.
    Surrounded by idiots

I was honored with golden lotus two days ago to get the tailoring patterns, i had enough harmonies to craft one chest and one glove. Sold the chest for 70k and gloves for 55k.

High pop server ftw?

Quote Originally Posted by suokki View Post
    To be honest, only thing you can sell with +75k gold is mounts, not gear, if that is what you're trying to do here.
    Not always true, some transmog items can reach 75k+

Are just 2 examples or green gear selling for lots. I've had one of my viewers sell the Glorious Legs for 100k as well.

As for big ticket items and selling them, you have to have patience. Many people laugh and don't understand why greens can sell for so much, but there is always a handful of players that understand. So just keep doing what you're doing.

Part of making money isn't just having things to sell, but knowing what your market wants to buy. If you're trying to sell BiS gear to a bunch of people that don't care about being BiS, then you're going to have to lower your price or not make those items and try for things casuals might want more, but sell those in higher volumes.

That said, if you're trying to sell a Darkmoon deck, make sure it's always up on the AH and keep spamming trade. You'll get laughed at by trolls, but who cares? They're not going to buy one anyway, and they're certainly not going to convince someone who was going to buy it not to because that person probably doesn't take trolls seriously, either. And you're never going to convince the general public that a card is worth 75k or whatever, but who cares? They're not your target market either. So ignore the trolls. They don't help or hurt you.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    Not always true, some transmog items can reach 75k+

Are just 2 examples or green gear selling for lots. I've had one of my viewers sell the Glorious Legs for 100k as well.

As for big ticket items and selling them, you have to have patience. Many people laugh and don't understand why greens can sell for so much, but there is always a handful of players that understand. So just keep doing what you're doing.
    wow impressive, is your server xmorg hungry? I'v been trying to sell one of the lightsaber looking super rare swords for months, and even posted at 5K doesn't seem to get even a nibble. And i'm not exactly on a low pop server

You realize how a market works right, if nobody is buying at that price you should lower the price to see if people will buy.

Its called price discovery.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I have sold alot of decks on a low pop server, and in cata it always seemed like at the beginning of the fair I rarely sold decks...I think people were hoping to buy parts and complete a deck themselves, but as the fair came close to an end they would always seem to sell. The bonus about the way cards work now is there wont be alot of them and someone cant buy/farm tons of flowers and make a dozen or more cards in one setting thier probability of making a deck is relatively low. Don't be afraid to hold out.

Another thing you might check out is the Black Market Auction House. When you see the kind of money people bid on things there it might help you realize what kind of money people are willing to spend on an item on your server.

Quote Originally Posted by themortalgod View Post
    wow impressive, is your server xmorg hungry? I'v been trying to sell one of the lightsaber looking super rare swords for months, and even posted at 5K doesn't seem to get even a nibble. And i'm not exactly on a low pop server
    Its probably not selling because you can get lightsaber looking sword from Slave Pens.