Hunters on Elegon...

So... my guild was doing Elegon tonight and for some reason only on Elegon I was getting TRASHED in DPS. In fact... in the previous fights. The other hunter and I were pretty much the exact same DPS, but then on Elegon he was #1 and I was #15. I know standing in the center circle gives me 50% damage increase, but what am I missing exactly? I'm obviously missing something to be losing to everyone suddenly.

er, if you weren't standing in the circle 50% is a lot of damage you know...?

You know you have to stand in the circle, or you were just bad o.o

I was standing in the circle... getting plenty of stacks of that debuff just to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ijanaak View Post
    So... my guild was doing Elegon tonight and for some reason only on Elegon I was getting TRASHED in DPS. In fact... in the previous fights. The other hunter and I were pretty much the exact same DPS, but then on Elegon he was #1 and I was #15. I know standing in the center circle gives me 50% damage increase, but what am I missing exactly? I'm obviously missing something to be losing to everyone suddenly.
    Your gonna have to link us some logs for any real feedback outside of being told the obvious I'm afraid. Can't see where you going wrong if we can't see what you are or aren't doing.

You're gonna have to link some logs for us to get a better idea of what you may or may not be doing wrong. It would also help to have an armory link so we can see your gear situation. I was pulling on average around 130k dps during the first phase one(bursting up to 220-230k at the beginning then settling down to 130k near the end), stabalizing around 90k on the subsequent phase one, and finally shooting back up to 110k during the burn phase on my attempts tonight with the rest of my guild pulling similar numbers; some slightly lower some slightly higher. My ilvl is 472 due to a 509 belt from the BMAH and my tier legs dropping off Sha last week so my numbers are probably unattainable by most other players in their current gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehcourage View Post
    You're gonna have to link some logs for us to get a better idea of what you may or may not be doing wrong. It would also help to have an armory link so we can see your gear situation. I was pulling on average around 130k dps during the first phase one(bursting up to 220-230k at the beginning then settling down to 130k near the end), stabalizing around 90k on the subsequent phase one, and finally shooting back up to 110k during the burn phase on my attempts tonight with the rest of my guild pulling similar numbers; some slightly lower some slightly higher. My ilvl is 472 due to a 509 belt from the BMAH and my tier legs dropping off Sha last week so my numbers are probably unattainable by most other players in their current gear.
    Quite funny knowing that the first hunter in all specs and modes is at 117k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    Quite funny knowing that the first hunter in all specs and modes is at 117k dps.
    Most hunters do not have Courage's level of gear. I'd imagine it's roughly as strong as mine, and I'm 8K ahead of any surv hunter on feng, him being 13K ahead on Elegon (which should have 10-12 stacks of dmg taken debuff and the 50% dmg buff from the circle by the end) compared to other hunters who beat it (which isn't alot yet, by the way) is fairly believeable to me :<.

I'll post logs from tonight if the problem persists - last night World of Logs was down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    My numbers should be a lot higher tonight. We went into it trying to 3 heal and soon found that the enrage to be about 15-20 seconds out of reach, mostly due to the fact that with only 5 dps we could only stack 7-8 stacks of the debuff on the boss. Tonight we're bringing an extra DPS and should be able to get an extra 4 or 5 stacks on the boss.

looks like Kripparrian is back to dominate hunter WoL parses

Elegon 127k BM

Quote Originally Posted by Konik View Post
    looks like Kripparrian is back to dominate hunter WoL parses

Elegon 127k BM

That's nice. If I could sit on the boss and never move my pet, I could probably hit that.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    That's nice. If I could sit on the boss and never move my pet, I could probably hit that.
    Video on how he did it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=_ZKz1UF57Qw

Nothing against Kripp as he is a great hunter but a decent chunk of his dps comes from the amount of stacks they got on the kill. My guild was able to kill 5 and 4 energy charges to get a total of 11 stacks. getting 7 stacks on the first one will increase dmg done on the entire phase from 85% to 50% and getting another 6 for a total of 13 will increase it again for the final burn, which on his kill was form 32% down. I did 108k on this fight where another hunter in the guild did 111k. We were both SV.

Another thing about this fight is knowing when to blow CD's. If you watch his vid he doesn't use his second Stampede until the boss has 13 stacks and its the final burn. I would be willing to bet that this is a mistake that a lot of hunters on this fight have made. I know I did.

As for the OP's problem with dps compared to the other hunter in his raid, as everyone else has said, we would need to see logs to see where the difference really is.