Pens, pencils, and cups, the questions. Part 2!

After the amazing success of my "Sitting and chairs, the questions. Part 1!" thread, I decided to make a Part 2!

Because why not?

This one, if you couldn't tell, is all about writing AND drinking utensils! Isn't that just exciting?

So, my fellow champions, what is your favorite writing utensil, and how do you hold it?

And what's your preferred type of glass for a bit of chocolate milk, orange juice, or whatever you people drink these days? Feel free to tell us how you hold it, but remember, pinkies out!

*Random bells and whistles go off*

Oh, what's that? Today's bonus question! Eating utensils! Forks, knives, spoons, or sporks! Do you hold them upside down, or backwards? Tell us here!

As always, there are bonus points for pictures of you holding any of the related items, or of them from random websites.

And be sure to tune in next time, for another exciting episode of "the questions!"

*disclaimer* This thread may make you insane, it is also capable of making you think I, or your fellow champions are insane. *disclaimer*

10+ Year Old Account
    I like mechanical pencils. I can't really explain how I hold it, but I can tell you, every single finger other than my pinky is touching it.

I hate drinking from a cup. Mostly because I'm too tempted to drink it fast, because other wise it'll hit room temperature and be nasty. I tend to drink from the bottle, if I know nobody else is going to drink it (and since I've only recently not lived by myself, I got used to doing that). And no, no pinkie out.

Not sure about eating utensils either, but I think I hold them normally. I will say that on my last trip with my roommate, I tried chopsticks for the first time and just could not get used to it. Plus, I had rice. How the hell do you eat rice with chopsticks?

I like using the cheap bic pens. I hold the pen between my thumb/middle finger and rest my pointer finger top them both.

I have my favorite coffee cup I use to drink pretty much everything with. It looks just like this minus all the writing and is colored light brown.

Well, I assume I use eating utensils the normal way. But, my mother has always given me shit over how I use knives, saying I don't use them properly. Well it seems to be working so far, so whatever mom....

On the rare occasion that I actually write something, I only use mechanical pencils, or these random pens we get at the store. I hold them with just my thumb and index finger, resting it on my hand.

I always drink out of bottles, which I hold near the bottom, unless I'm at a restaurant and then I just drink out of whatever cup they put the water or tea in. Generally, just your average glass cup, which I hold the same as bottles.

Eating utensils, I just go with however I happen to pick it up, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm left handed so holding a pen and writing feels insanely awkward for me. My favourite type of pens are ones with extremely fine points at the end but unfortunately those seem to often be the ones where the ink takes longer to dry, which is terrible for a left handed person. I have a pen holder thing on my desk with about 20 pens in it, because I can never chose between comfort or putting up with the awkwardness for the better point.

My favourite type of glass is either a clear light glass that expands as it goes up (Not sure if I described it right, but not the ones that are straight) or my Simpson mugs. I always get a Simpson mug from my mother for Christmas so I've got quite a collection now, it would be larger but a few of them broke
    I had one glass too but the picture of Bart completely wore off from being washed to many times so now it's just a glass that says The Simpsons on the bottom.

Eating utensils, if at all possible I prefer to use my hands, possibly due to being left handed again it just feels awkward but when I have steak or roasts etc I use a sharp steak knife and a fork. Both stainless steel.

EDIT: And as an example of tonight, I'm making sushi. So I'll use a sharp knife to cut it into slices but when I actually eat them, I'll use my hands

Quote Originally Posted by Mynta Vali Daseriu View Post
    So, my fellow champions, what is your favorite writing utensil, and how do you hold it?
    I only use . If one isn't available (lead, etc), I use instead. But still, mechanical over all. Pens are for the weak. I'm right handed, and that's about it in regards to using it; nothing fancy here. Actually, fuck it, because we're on the internet, I hold my pinky finger out like a sir.

And what's your preferred type of glass for a bit of chocolate milk, orange juice, or whatever you people drink these days? Feel free to tell us how you hold it, but remember, pinkies out!
    I only use to drink with. They're actually really good cups, worth the purchase even if you're not a WoW player. Again, "when in doubt, pinky out!" ~Patrick Star

Oh, what's that? Today's bonus question! Eating utensils! Forks, knives, spoons, or sporks! Do you hold them upside down, or backwards? Tell us here!
    I have this weird habit of holding my *fork* upside down, even when attempting to "stab" food. I do not do the same with any other eating utensil. I, to this day, don't know why I do this.

I love meself mechanical pencils also, not because they're comfortable to hold, but because you don't have to worry about shaving its head. You just insert the stick thing and voila!

And for the cup and how I hold it, well, pictures will speak for themselves. Is my cups the kind you like, Ana?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hold my pens...well honestly how you'd imagine a toddler would hold them. All 5 of my fingers come together around the pen and my strokes end up being very forceful. They obviously teach you how to hold these things properly in primary school, but it's just something I never picked up. I grew to hate using pens and pencils because my hand would start to hurt. Ironically I hold my eating utensils properly as if I was at a dinner party.

I wish I was as classy as Meysvindo; that dude knows how to hold a cup. I bet he wears a monocle and top hat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meysvindu View Post
    I love meself mechanical pencils also, not because they're comfortable to hold, but because you don't have to worry about shaving its head. You just insert the stick thing and voila!

And for the cup and how I hold it, well, pictures will speak for themselves. Is my cups the kind you like, Ana?

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MrLpKl.jpg
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/V6LiAl.jpg
    This guy's an instant friend. Ysengrin avatar/sig + pinky out with the cup. Immediate approval.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    As for holding them, I hold both exactly like Meys does in the pictures above.
    Who doesn't do that, I mean.. Is there any other way of holding these stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    This guy's an instant friend. Ysengrin avatar/sig + pinky out with the cup. Immediate approval.
    Hello new friend!
    I had Coyote as an avatar for a long time, but then he got blacklisted! >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Pencil, being left handed, most pens just smear and makes my hand blue, I hold it just like Mey up there, except left-handed.

I NEVER use glass, I have a paranoia of glass, if I have to drink out of glass, I'll hand wash it for the next 10 minutes before I drink from it. That being said, I really like mugs and I generally use both hands to hold it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Koh-I-Noor Rapidograph and Sakura Pigma Micron pens, followed closely by my Wacom Art Pen.

And a mug for my coffee and a mug for my brew.
    Last edited by Grax; 2012-10-06 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Can't add awesome pic of the kung fu coffee mug grip. SAAADFACE