Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Spirit for entry level raiding

I have been looking all over this forum for the answer to my question and ever asked in guild today, but can't find any answers.

How much spirit should a resto shaman be aiming for for T14 raiding? I'm thinking 3200 is enough, but I might be underestimating it a bit. Maybe I should go with 3500? Let me know if you're already raiding. Thanks!

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 12:50 AM ----------

Wow, looking at a couple of level 90 people that post here I think I way undershot what I need for spirit. Please someone let me know, but otherwise I'll just experiment and see what I can find out. I just would rather have a starting number and then adjust it myself. Noone in my guild is 90 yet save for like 2 people.

Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    I have been looking all over this forum for the answer to my question and ever asked in guild today, but can't find any answers.

How much spirit should a resto shaman be aiming for for T14 raiding? I'm thinking 3200 is enough, but I might be underestimating it a bit. Maybe I should go with 3500? Let me know if you're already raiding. Thanks!
    Iv done 5/6 so far and I went in at about 7k without a flask. And first 2 bosses I was kind of ok in terms of mana. But I'v gotten gear now and with a flask im at about 10k spirit. I wouldnt underestimate it at all. I'v found it well needed, especially during progression. But I think its more personal choice in what your comfortable with and how you can manage it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you. So, for now anyway, you recommend using spirit flasks and buff food instead of int or mastery?

I'm running about 6400 spirit (unbuffed) at the moment and I don't think that's even close to a good amount to have. Don't underestimate regen, especially early on.
    Last edited by domwindle; 2012-10-04 at 06:27 AM.

Our healers started out with Int buffs, gems, and food, and in the end regemmed to spirit and used spirit food and flasks. We killed the first four bosses now.

I think you should not underestimate it.

Deleted
    Healers should go for 100% spirit whenever possible, especially early on in this expansion. Me (druid) and my two co-healers (priest and shaman) are all running over 10k spirit properly buffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nette/advanced

currentky 5k spirit, but its mostly because of bad luck with drops. have to change my gems to spirit, but even then i cant reach 6k

You are undershotting by a lot. You should gem full spirit, use a spirit flask, and spirit food. That's how bad regen is.

In later tiers (or later this tier after the 2 new raids) this may change and we might have enough spirit to last fights, but right now we do not.
    \

10+ Year Old Account
    as i said, i have to change my gems^^ and as you can see, i still have many pieces without spirit on it, but they refuse to drop.

Deleted
    ended up going with 9k mana with food buff and flask and I was having mana issues, i guess it mostly depends on your healing style.

Deleted
    Had 6k mana last night, it wasn't enough. I was oom at 50% of the boss...
    I'll go FULL spirit next raid, it is very much needed

Deleted
    I am stacking the hell out of spirit and have 9.5k before flask/food right now.

My logic is that it is easy to switch to int flask/int food if the fight warrants it and our healing setup also emphasizes 2 other low spirit healers (pally, druid) that I help out with manatide.

10+ Year Old Account
    You all are helping me a lot. Thank you everyone who's replied so far. I'm gonna aim for 9K and adjust my reforging addon to match. Holy crap there is no way I'm gonna get there right now, but I will! I love my resto shaman and all the changes made this expansion so far have been really good to me once I got used to them.

I agree, I walked into first boss and had 6500 spirit and went oom well before he died.
    On a side note, with regen being crap why on earth would they take all the spirit off of the raid finder pants?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86690#comments

Is this a joke or did they mess it up completely? I got these last night off of Sha and lost 200+ spirit from my 463 pants...

GG blizz...

idiots

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    I agree, I walked into first boss and had 6500 spirit and went oom well before he died.
    On a side note, with regen being crap why on earth would they take all the spirit off of the raid finder pants?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86690#comments

Is this a joke or did they mess it up completely? I got these last night off of Sha and lost 200+ spirit from my 463 pants...

GG blizz...

idiots
    I'd say don't use them unless you can replace another piece that does have spirit on it (where what you currently have equipped does not have spirit). I remember working upgrades like this a lot back in BC. I'd get a drop and couldn't use it because it'd drop me beneath a cap I needed to keep, so I'd keep it in my bank till I got another piece that allowed me to stay above the cap ( I am really thankful for reforging so that's not really an issue anymore.).

10+ Year Old Account
    Having 1-2 pieces without spirit on isn't too bad. Reforging and gemming will take care of it. Plus, the T14 pants have crit/mastery, both of which are great stats for regen as well as throughput. Just reforge one of those into spirit. I'm personally aiming at about 50% mastery and have so far reforged all my excess haste into crit. It's working well.

The boots off of Spirit Kings also don't have spirit. But whatever. It's not an amount that would make or break the fight, especially since gems and reforging help with regaining lost stats.

You're going to want as much spirit as humanly possible. No really, I have 9212 unbuffed at the moment and we killed 2 bosses last night. We 3 healed the fights with a Monk and a Paladin and we were all struggling. Some of these issues could've been fixed as a couple of our dps were still undergeared and the fights could've been over quicker but yeah.

Reforge haste / spirit pieces from haste to crit, keep mastery as people will go low often, try and get either spirit / crit or spirit / mastery pieces and gem for straight spirit wherever possible.

My armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ockti/advanced

P.S. Yes I have Heartsong cause I'm cheap and it's better than nothing. I also have 13,337 combat regen with Water Shield. Ooooh yeah :P

running with 7,5 k spirit, 12 k combatregen+ price of progress, using spirit flask + food. startet trying elegon (5th boss) , and mana feels okish, but more is better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by songare View Post
    Fully raid buffed I have just over 7k spirit, but my COMBAT regen is just over 12k. We've got 4/6 so far and mana hasn't been much of an issue for me, granted we run 3 resto shaman (might have been only two if our druid had hit 90...) so we have mana tide every minute which our paladin healers just soak up like a dry sponge, lol.

Anyway, here's a link to my toon and our logs if you want to check them out and draw your own conclusions.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Devos/advanced

http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/104604/ (guild log)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ykc6zfo0mxhx9t9s/ (my log for last night, since there are missing attempts from the guild one)
    I want your relic of Chi-gi :3

Here is my character link so far: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ikara/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    got gear, gemmed spirit, my char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nette/advanced

i still feel like i need more spirit -.- maybe its because i'm doing something wrong or maybe because my group doesnt avoid damage^^