Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

How's your honor coming along?

I gotta admit, it makes me be a little nicer to people knowing they actually notice it now. Seems like whenever I carry hard as hell I get about 3+ honors for teamwork - How much do you guys have so far? Mine's all from ranked, I'm not sure if you can even do it for normals or dominion or whatever

Since I suck at images, I'll just say I'm at: Friendly: 4 Helpful: 2 Teamwork: 22 Opponent: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    3 teemo faces, 0 helpfuls, 12 pitchforks, and 1 honorable opponent.

I rather like the honor system.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I have only played 2 matches so far with the system, but I got: Friendly: 3 Helpful: 0 Teamwork: 4 Opponent: 4

Think the system is pretty nice and sure I make a better effort saying good job for my mates when they do something good and it keeps me from being a little gleeful.
    For example were laning top against another Riven yesterday and that Riven had a skin, won the lane 3/0 and normally I would probably have written something like : Waste of skin huh buddy..

So for me it is working as Riot intended.

Deleted
    I have around 3 friendlies, 0 helpful and about 7 teamwork, but I got 0 honor from opponents. xD

I usually honor almost everyone but I never get honor from my enemies, sometimes even my allies.

Bastards!

I have always said that I try to bring some civility to the game. I've been playing chess for years, so it's natural for me to be respectful of being outplayed. My time has come!

Deleted
    I've noticed a very big difference in players attitude because of this system so far, which is awesome!

.. people actually respond back to you if you say 'gl & hf' now

I'm just afraid that it's only a temporarily thing, and as soon as people get tired of waiting for some rewards/gets disappointed by these, it'll all go back to normal. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roos View Post
    I've noticed a very big difference in players attitude because of this system so far, which is awesome!

.. people actually respond back to you if you say 'gl & hf' now

I'm just afraid that it's only a temporarily thing, and as soon as people get tired of waiting for some rewards/gets disappointed by these, it'll all go back to normal. :/
    That's why Riot is experimenting it without rewards, to see if it works or not, and apparently , whether it gives rewards or not, I think that every player out there gets a big boost of self confidence and what not when looking at their honor points, I sure would.

When the rewards come, maybe there will be more people giving honor I think, but still, I think the Honor system is good and fun.

The system seems flawed to me. I've seen massive dicks in the matches I've played and they had loads of honors.

I don't have so many since I haven't played that much since the update yet. I have a feeling that players who don't play as much will certainly be frowned upon for not having as many honors as someone who plays loads.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 Friendly, 6 Helpful, 13 Teamwork, and 1 Honorable opponent (ﺧ益ﺨ)

I've only played... maybe 15 or so games since the update.

Friendly: 2 | Helpful: 2 | Teamwork: 8 | Honorable Opponent: 4

After 10 rankeds.

I hope that system will use those to match me with calm/positive players. The rest I don't care.
    About dicks with massive honor: it will get fixed in time, I hope that they will make it so that ppl with who u have party won't be able to honor you. Otherwise dicks will spam-honor dicks with who they are in the party, just for honor.

A dishonour button would be helpful as well imo. I think people might improve their behaviour if they have a dishonourable icon.

Edit: Read a bit more etc and changed my mind. Report button is enough.
    Last edited by Mortezu; 2012-10-10 at 10:10 AM.
    Ours not to make reply. Ours not to reason why. Ours but to do and die!

So far 0 Friendly, 2 Helpful, 4 teamwork, 1 Honorable Opponent and that is after about 15-20 matches since the it released

I agree, it seems to be working as intended. People seem to be a lot nicer already. Also...don't forget you only get a certain amount of honor per game to give out so don't honor everyone every game or you will run out. Also, they said honor trading would not be very beneficial. There are hidden numbers that give you hidden points for all your honor and when someone does it to you more than once you get less invisible points per honor. They said the best way to get the most of the system is to be honored by random people, you get more the first time each person does you
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortezu View Post
    A dishonour button would be helpful as well imo. I think people might improve their behaviour if they have a dishonourable icon.
    Apparently getting a lot of reports or getting banned will take away honor if you have any, but if the system is working they shouldn't have much anyway.

I only got 2 helpful and 2 teamwork. I've honored maybe 1-2 people in my games too so maybe I'm just not in an honor happy normal ELO.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 12:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    I agree, it seems to be working as intended. People seem to be a lot nicer already. Also...don't forget you only get a certain amount of honor per game to give out so don't honor everyone every game or you will run out. Also, they said honor trading would not be very beneficial. There are hidden numbers that give you hidden points for all your honor and when someone does it to you more than once you get less invisible points per honor. They said the best way to get the most of the system is to be honored by random people, you get more the first time each person does you
    honor trading can also get you banned or the points taken away.

I have honored quite a bit. We went 3-0 last night in our ranked games and every opponent we faced I honored. They were gracious in defeat, and made good plays, we were just on a roll. In normal games it has been considerable less, but I defintely have seen a positive increase in quality of peoples actions because of it.

Deleted
    I'm not sure if I should put this here, but here it goes.

The rewards that we already knew of, there's a bit more info on them now.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/10...ards.html#more

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Apparently getting a lot of reports or getting banned will take away honor if you have any, but if the system is working they shouldn't have much anyway.

I only got 2 helpful and 2 teamwork. I've honored maybe 1-2 people in my games too so maybe I'm just not in an honor happy normal ELO.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 12:47 PM ----------

honor trading can also get you banned or the points taken away.
    Any ban from the Tribunal will take away all honor, I believe. I'm in a queue right now and one of my opponents has the red ribbon for honorable opponent

How does this honorable opponent ribbon appear anyway? Does it also increase in a visual aspect by the amount of honors you get?

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    How does this honorable opponent ribbon appear anyway? Does it also increase in a visual aspect by the amount of honors you get?
    It was just a little ribbon thing on their portrait during champ select and the loading screen. That link above shows all the other colors. I don't think they get bigger or anything, yet

Here's that link, though http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/10...ards.html#more

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    It was just a little ribbon thing on their portrait during champ select and the loading screen. That link above shows all the other colors. I don't think they get bigger or anything, yet

Here's that link, though http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/10...ards.html#more
    Ah I missed that. Thanks for the response.