Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well we killed it last night, I did it as Frost, I tried all 3 specs, but Fire and Arc seem to clunky and proc based, I did ok with 76K, I didn't try any pet freezes on him or frost orb, i did use frost bomb on the sparks and it seem to do better than all others. What I did was get a frost bomb on elegon and then proc the FFB, then as soon as the sparks spawned would put my frost bomb on the Sparks send my FFB and then proc another FFB and send it and the sparks were done. I held my frozen orb for 5th wave of adds and it helped on all of them. I used Frost Orb on the adds when we grouped up and such, so all in all Frost seem well enough to continue to play with.

I played very conservatively the entire fight and I should of used RoP, but didn't I will next time. The sweet spot is great as it stops you from having to move to much. Next week I will try to manage all my CD's and play for higher dps as I know have the mechanics down and understand what spec I will use.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fire for the entire instance. For Elegon I use Rune of Power, you're stationary apart from dropping stacks. So it's very easy to not worry about anything but dropping stacks, and refreshing the rune. After about 20 or so wipes on 25man, we did it on 10man real quick. In both, fire was real strong. We derped our 10man kill, we had no spell haste, but I still did ok.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uw...=23638&e=24205

PoM, LB, RoP/Invo
    Last edited by KoolKidKaos; 2012-10-10 at 08:21 AM.

Deleted
    Patch notes:
    Elegon now flies closer to the ground, allowing certain Area of Effect abilities to properly target him.
    So maybe frost works properly now

Got my second kill on Elegon tuesday night as fire and snagged the #3 WoL parse for fire mages.

I'm curious to try it as frost next week if pet freeze is functioning properly. However, I wonder if them dropping Elegon closer to the ground means that we might be able to dot spread from elegon to the sparks in spark phase?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dankestbuds View Post
    Got my second kill on Elegon tuesday night as fire and snagged the #3 WoL parse for fire mages.

I'm curious to try it as frost next week if pet freeze is functioning properly. However, I wonder if them dropping Elegon closer to the ground means that we might be able to dot spread from elegon to the sparks in spark phase?
    Current rankings are all about crit luck and above-average gear (gs 478-.-), 50%+ crit is wow but nice gear after 1 week raiding!
    And where did you get the belt from Lei Shi?! :O Black market? *envy*
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2012-10-10 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    Current rankings are all about crit luck and above-average gear (gs 478-.-), 50%+ crit is wow but nice gear after 1 week raiding!
    And where did you get the belt from Lei Shi?! :O Black market? *envy*
    Yup, BMAH + low pop server = heroic lei shi belt for 40k gold

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dankestbuds View Post
    Yup, BMAH + low pop server = heroic lei shi belt for 40k gold
    Wooooow nice gz so, why didn't you try heroic this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    Wooooow nice gz so, why didn't you try heroic this week?
    We spent ~45 minutes on stone guard and honestly we could've done it if we spent a little more time on it, but decided to clear it out because we'll be missing a tank the rest of the week.

I really found Rune of Power much better than Invo as Fire. The only thing you've to watch out for is if you centre the circle inside Elegon's ring you wont' get the boost outside and the same in reverse.

We killed him tonight, and with the fix to him I did it as frost.

I had net just over 110k dps according to WoL (5th overall)

Fire seemed unreliable on orb killing, especially when attempting to net a 5th group on the first P2, Frost was much better. I would suggest that for overall completeness.

I also liked frost orb for burning down the adds during P3

yeah frost orb helped a ton.

I am playing Fire for Elegon tonight but i am still not sure what 90 talent to pick, i've been running with Incanter's Ward with some nice results.
    After watching videos i noticed some are using Rune of Power and top 5 ranked in the world right now went with Invocation...
    Is there really a big difference what you pick for this fight as Fire?

I would also like to know this. Could somebody give me a verdict on what level 90 Talent to choose?

Invocation is pretty much the go-to talent for fire and frost on most fights if you can manage it well.
    Rune of Power is great but you still have to move a lot and reset your stacks (on Elegon) and you're doing less damage if you have Scorch or a DoT on while doing so, not to mention the fact you simply do less damage with it.

You barely have to move at all on Elegon, just position yourself on the edge so you can reset your stacks by jumping and you only need to stand in one place for the DPS phase and one other place for the sparks/walls phase

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendeura View Post
    Rune of Power is great but you still have to move a lot and reset your stacks (on Elegon) and you're doing less damage if you have Scorch or a DoT on while doing so, not to mention the fact you simply do less damage with it.
    Don't you know you can just stand on the edge and jump to reset stacks?
    Just do it when you're using instant casts that takes a global such as pyroblast proc, mirror images, inferno blast, DoT refresh etc. Very easy to keep the stacks at a good level by doing that.
    What I used for the fight was Scorch, Temporal Shield, Nether Tempest and Rune of Power. The only time I had to move was when we gathered the adds right after the pillar phases. Else than that I could just plant and nuke pretty much.

Using Frost Orb on the edge seems to have it stick right to you, is there any tricks for this, most of the time I have to move completely onto the platform before using that spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Glimmerr View Post
    Using Frost Orb on the edge seems to have it stick right to you, is there any tricks for this, most of the time I have to move completely onto the platform before using that spell.
    The way the platform works is probably going to break Frost Orb almost all of the time, I think stepping in and then out is the only way to get it to function.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaro View Post
    Don't you know you can just stand on the edge and jump to reset stacks?
    Just do it when you're using instant casts that takes a global such as pyroblast proc, mirror images, inferno blast, DoT refresh etc. Very easy to keep the stacks at a good level by doing that.
    What I used for the fight was Scorch, Temporal Shield, Nether Tempest and Rune of Power. The only time I had to move was when we gathered the adds right after the pillar phases. Else than that I could just plant and nuke pretty much.
    Exactly. You don't need to move at all. Just find the so called "sweet-spot" by standing right onto the edge of that shield, tap in and out to see when does it reset the stacks when you jump, or in other words - when do u change from "algalon-form" to normal form.
    I picked Living Bomb, Ice Barrier (you take NO damage at all on the big add explosions!), Scorch, Rune of Power.

Rune of Power is a bit tricky tho, if you cast it like 50% on the platform and 50% on the shield you are screwed, cuz you don't get the buff. You must refresh it when you can really just to be sure, but you must put it the right way. What I did for example: Before the pull: Finding the "sweet spot", mentioned above, place the rune (the circle) like 10% in the platform and 90% on the shield, look up if the buff is up. Stay there and nuke no matter what, don't go forwards, don't go backwards, don't do shit at all! It only slows your dps down. You don't want that to happen so you just stay on one single place, refresh your rune (before the previous one has expired ofc, just to make sure you do it right and on the same place, so u get the buff). And then nuke small adds, pillars, gather up with the raid to kill the small ads etc etc, business as usual. The only time I lost some dps was when I had to place my rune again before the second start of P1 and trying to find the "sweet spot". But you can always keep LB up so that's not such a big deal.
    One more tip - just when you hit P3, don't panic and wait a bit with your Combustion ( I assume there will be Bloodlust/TW/Hero when that phase hits). So you basically gain a lot of extra damage because of the boss-debuffs and stacks, so you can come up with a great Combustion in the last phase. I for example got like 76K Ignite + i dunno the number of the Pyro dot but it was also great, so I ended up with 110K DPS and 57 Milion damage on the boss.

I hope that would be helpful guys, I had some problems on that boss until I find my perfect strategy but now I think I got one

I wouldn't recommend Frost just because Blizz have always underestimated that Orb and its freaking stops/blocks. For example in DS the Fire Orb got stuck 5 or 6 times in my Companion(Sea Pony) WTF!!??! So I tested and i had 2-3 stucks on that stupid shield, and I totally gave up on Frost.

Deleted
    Ran living bomb invocation and PoM and did 109k as fire.