Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So who else loves Heart of the Wild?

Seriously. On Feng The Accursed we pop lust during the Flame phase. I have my Offtank (DK) tank him first and I go Boomkin/Caster form with an Int Potion and a caster weapon. And BOOM, I do anywhere form 5-7mil just wrath spamming in 45 seconds. This talent is amazing for the amount of damage it can put out for a tank when you arent the one being focused by the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    Seriously. On Feng The Accursed we pop lust during the Flame phase. I have my Offtank (DK) tank him first and I go Boomkin/Caster form with an Int Potion and a caster weapon. And BOOM, I do anywhere form 5-7mil just wrath spamming in 45 seconds. This talent is amazing for the amount of damage it can put out for a tank when you arent the one being focused by the boss.
    I'm enjoying it immensely, as well. Any burn phase or "hurry up and kill something" moment just makes HotW shine. While it's very powerful, I don't think it's really over the line since any decent DPS will still be beating a Guardian tank doing this with flying colors.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

There was one pull where I went from normal Guardian DPS to top DPS at over 130k. I got 8 wrath crits in a row and finished off with over 8million damage not counting Moonfire. This is seriously my favorite thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. I blow away dps on a regular basis with that talent., as a resto. The amount of damage you can put it is so insane its nearly mandatory imo for guardian/resto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Indeed. I blow away dps on a regular basis with that talent., as a resto. The amount of damage you can put it is so insane its nearly mandatory imo for guardian/resto.
    Are you talking about dungeons or Mogu'shan Vaults? I couldn't really find the time to dps as a resto... I could possibly pop it at the beginning of every fight but it seems like I'll have to be doing a lot of healing during any burn phase.
    Ashr

Our resto druid popped it during the lust phase (fire) of Feng and we got through that phase incredibly fast with me doing the same thing.

Deleted
    I love the Heart of the Wild spell, its amazingly OP lol, I made a video about it with me doing 60K dps as healer, just insane damage from only 2 spells, crits of almost 200k!! absolutely fantastic.

/watch?v=PH6JTwa-9jk

Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    There was one pull where I went from normal Guardian DPS to top DPS at over 130k. I got 8 wrath crits in a row and finished off with over 8million damage not counting Moonfire. This is seriously my favorite thing.
    don't moonfire during hotw it only buffs your nature damage

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 04:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slakkerz View Post
    I love the Heart of the Wild spell, its amazingly OP lol, I made a video about it with me doing 60K dps as healer, just insane damage from only 2 spells, crits of almost 200k!! absolutely fantastic.

/watch?v=PH6JTwa-9jk
    sounds like you never saw it before it was nerfed :P
    HOTW was nerfed from 55 to 35 something like 40% nerf. Used to pull 200k+ dps during it

15+ Year Old Account
    i alos love the talent, or when for soem reason you cant reach the boss you have to WTF pwn him from range
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    Would it be best to prepot intellect, use cat form and start rake, mangle and ferocious biting the target or just spam wrath?

Deleted
    It's amazing as a healer if you're 3-healing fights. Get some 2-healing going for 45 seconds and watch your resto druid peak at ridiculous amounts of DPS.

Pop agility potion not Int

Deleted
    Would it be best to prepot intellect, use cat form and start rake, mangle and ferocious biting the target or just spam wrath?
    Little edit on that, if I were a Resto Druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this talent aswell. In resto spec that is. I was in LFR last boss (whatever it is. 2 guys and million adds). As a healer and our tank died + ofc its LFR full of retards so none used CR on tank. Well I popped Heart of Wild and turned into BARE and tanked the otehr boss till the end (last 10sec were horrible times for healers cause HotW duration ended). But still they managed to keep me alive.

In pvp side which I am focused on. This talent is nearly way too OP. I am playing Shadow/Warr/Rdudu and sometimes there is open spot when both my teammates got CDs and are in fine state so I dont have to heal em that much. enemy teams moron healer chases me behind pillar to CC me but:

HotW
    displacer beast
    pounce
    rake
    2mangles
    caster form
    berszk(troll racial)
    herb haste buff
    trinket
    stun
    moonfire
    instant roots
    wrath 2-4
    if he someway have managed to survive from that.
    Ill use displacer and start whole thing again.

the dmg is ridicilous. 50k non crit wraths on high resi geared target. rake and moonfire tiking insane numbers and in the end almost 200k ferobite crit.
    other healers cant do that much dmg not even many other dps classes/specs.

Using it on Vizier Jin'bak in Siege of Niuzao on my druid tank with ~10 dmg stacks u get when killing ooze trash make me killing machine,crits over 300k

I actually love it to help offheal. It is an incredible raid cooldown. Without it we would never kill Elegon.. I have my offtank taunt Elegon in the final phase and proceed to carry the raid to victory with blanket rejuvs

I love it, I pop it when I can to help out...

This one time in Siege of Niuzao Temple - Vizier Kin'bak Boss, which doesn't take any healing, I popped it, ended up 104k dps. I jokingly said in the 5 man group, "Wow you all got smoked by the healer oh wait, I'm the healer."

Needless to say, I got a few glances lol

It is incredibly good. Being able to perform other roles this effectively is really something I like in a raid environment

15+ Year Old Account
    It is also really nice as a boomkin. I can help off-heal when we need it and I can also grab some threat while our other tanks are busy.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    yes i was trying to make a boomkin spec that purely helps with healing but instead of that i went with dream of cenarious. With more gear and spirit you can actually dps and heal at same time... When i tried it i had 469 gear so i could't do that for long but i managed to have 20-22k hps while boomkin and heal through heroic dungeons as boomkin.