Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chashu View Post
    No problem! I haven't found much on this range bug. But there are addons that help with Halo usage. Which in my opinion is just as important as a dot tracking addon. It's also good for healing priests that uses Halo as well, to maximize your heals.
    The range bug is Halo will completely miss at around 27.5 yards - 30 yards which should actually be around the sweet spot for max damage. I have submitted a Bug Report here if people could please bump it (Sorry I can't post links yet):

/wow/en/forum/topic/6712712994

For Halo range addon, try HaloPro found on curse.

There is also an active discussion on the addon at HowToPriest.com in the addon section

Quote Originally Posted by docwyrick View Post
    Chashu what addon do you use for Halo? By the way gratz on 5/6. Mind if I pm a question to you about Gara'jal?

I use HaloPro. It's amazing. And sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not to bad. I mean considering how GOOD we are in PVP I would take the tradeoff anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeydave View Post
    I would also say its early on and for this first fight at least if the tanks are really juggling the bosses it can make your job more difficult in terms of tracking things. Anyway, take a peak at the details of WoL in this fashion. It can be very helpful. I can't say much more as I usually heal, but look forward to playing shadow for some 2-heal fights.
    EDIT: Higly suggest FDLC and not Mindbender, especially with multiple targets with VT ticking.

And dot-track addon you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrkjelyd View Post
    And dot-track addon you recommend?
    There are any number of addons but I prefer ForteXorcist which creates DoT bars in a horizontal (or vertical) list, and I also use Tidy Plates which places a DoT icon & timer just above the enemy HP bar. Either or both methods function, choosing something you feel comfortable with.

ShadowTimers and ForteXorcist (Forte for multitarget, but most importantly for proc tracking)
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Here is basically how we break down currently.

Single target were are middle of the road to low end. This goes up or down based around if you can stand in place and turret halo at it's optimal range. If you are constantly having to move your dps goes to shit since we dont have that instant DP initial damage to spam on the move. You can do it with SWPain but it just pathetic damage on the initial tick by comparison. If you are lucky enough to have procs pre-move then your OK but that is not the case more often than not.

Aoe situations, well we are laughably terrible. Even if you managed to stand at optimal halo range and use it on an aoe pack you would still come in right around healer level dps.

Single target with an add- This is our niche right now. If you can get dots rolling on 2 targets and keep them rolling then you can get a ton of procs from FDCL and divine insight which nets a huge dps gain. Perfect example of this currently is Elegon. I was never out of the top 5 and I wasnt trying all that hard to "max dps" as we were in the first night of attempts and were teaching people mechanics who had not done any beta testing.

We also thrive on short burst situations if you load up on procs beforehand. being able to dump DP>instant MB > halo > instant spike > instant spike is an insane amount of quick burst(aka energy charges on Elegon).
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jonish View Post
    Single target with an add- This is our niche right now. If you can get dots rolling on 2 targets and keep them rolling then you can get a ton of procs from FDCL and divine insight which nets a huge dps gain. Perfect example of this currently is Elegon. I was never out of the top 5 and I wasnt trying all that hard to "max dps" as we were in the first night of attempts and were teaching people mechanics who had not done any beta testing.

We also thrive on short burst situations if you load up on procs beforehand. being able to dump DP>instant MB > halo > instant spike > instant spike is an insane amount of quick burst(aka energy charges on Elegon).
    I don't know about you but I feel like ToF is better for Elegon. You probably get like minimum of 60% uptime of ToF on that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I don't know about you but I feel like ToF is better for Elegon. You probably get like minimum of 60% uptime of ToF on that fight.
    I agree, ToF is better for Elegon.

From what i have read on different threads/posts including this one, im starting to regret that i rolled priest at all in MoP.

But blizzard generally fixes the things that are NOT broken about this game. They have pretty good developers who will come up with some sort of solution to all of this.
    But atm things are looking grim for Shadows.
    hehehe, sorry had to do the fixing trick there.

I did my best to pass 8085 haste before the first raid, and to be completely honest it helped a lot.

We are nowhere near locks/mages yet I don't think we are broken. We need numbers adjust, but the talents/playstyle didn't turn out to be as bad as I predicted,

If anything we lack multidotting tools. With FDCL and DI, I almost never cast mind flay due to not having time. A reflective mirror style debuff could be insane to replace SW:I. Just like a curse * I don't know, copies 50% of your single target damage to the second mob on a cooldown or something.

AOE is utter pile of smelly things though.

I bet mind sear, mind blast, devouring plague will be buffed next week, and then total shadow damage will be nerfed by 10% two days following that and mind sear will end up being worse than now!! (tier 11 hint hint)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    hehehe, sorry had to do the fixing trick there.

I did my best to pass 8085 haste before the first raid, and to be completely honest it helped a lot.
    How the actual fuck. I am at 5.3k haste=S.

Probably the dragonling trinket? 3 cogwheel slots that anyone can use so like 1800 haste in one item.

Quote Originally Posted by waikata View Post
    maybe that's the Blizz's intention to keep the pure dps classed at the top?
    That would go against everything Blizzard has stated about equality of hybrid and pure regarding dps. If there is a problem and shadow priests are a liability over just another dps then they will be buffed. They however won't buff or change anything till atleast seeing a few weeks of Heroic Progression and seeing the presence or absence of a class or spec.

Deleted
    Lock is clearly over the top, I manage to compete with the locks of my guild on Elegon/Spirit king but I was killed by bad healer on Garajal so i can't say much on this fight.
    Our locks were between 73k-65k on Feng and I only manage a 62k(counting all the stupid assist we must do: hymn, grips, tranquility). We were equally geared on most fights, but they were clearly ahead in every god damn situation, only manage to get first on elegon tries./
    Its really annoying how good warlocks are;x
    And i agree that our aoe is garbage, can't believe most classes(hunt especially) can pull constant 100k+ aoe dmg and I could not go for more then 60k... (w/o ToF though).

As for pvp, we need something to get back our mana in a more direct way, especially against dispels. a 5-10% mana feedback when VT dispelled would be nice as VT is actually a cast so weak to cuts and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Axi View Post
    Probably the dragonling trinket? 3 cogwheel slots that anyone can use so like 1800 haste in one item.
    You can only have one of each cogwheel in there, so only 600 would be haste.

well my armory shows with 2 more upgrades, but basically: pure haste gems any place possible. i also preferred haste enchants any place possible.

pvp belt + buckle *i had legs as well, changed them after shoulder drop since i don't need the extra gem to get the haste now.
    Last edited by Jervaise; 2012-10-05 at 03:26 AM.

Look at all them BoE's aint possible without dem epics and gold to buy those drops. Just gonna have to wait a few weeks for most of us.

^ It IS very possible even without BoE (would help if you are a blacksmith, though). Go for full haste gem in every sockets. If you have BoE, you can even have some leeway and put haste+spirit in blue and haste+int in red & yellow socket. Still, make sure all your gems have haste in it. Until you reach 8080 haste, 160 haste > 80 int anyway =)

my gear is NOT the best(missing some chants and gems, due to waiting for proper gear upgrades to not waste any gold), and my rotation may be slightly off. Havent had much practise as a shadow-priest, yet.

I think you answered your own question right here... earn some gold, learn your rotation, and make sure your gear is right. I am topping DPS as SP right now in raid with equiv ilvl.

2-night progression raiding: http://www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Shadow-Raid Blog: http://shadow-raid.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Burchoid View Post
    I think you answered your own question right here... earn some gold, learn your rotation, and make sure your gear is right. I am topping DPS as SP right now in raid with equiv ilvl.
    Yeah, i agree on this. Improved my gameplay alot with the help of some addon/dot-tracker. Seems to be helping alot.
    Tho i couldnt need some gear upgrades.

Armorylink btw?