Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    our priests both went shadow, and they deal decent dps. i dont know if priest is that bad really, but they are lagging behind in healing meters, as priests did in cata and wotlk. only situation where priests are good healers is easy nerfed contend, as there absorbs and instants will soak any dmg. for progress, priests have the tendency to be bad, but this is nothing new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itssansbrah View Post
    Priest healers are currently ranked the worst and are usually taken last in most raid comps as far as I'm aware my guild told me just to drop my healer off spec and keep two shadow specs due to how underwhelming priest heals are at the moment. It sucks hopefully healer priests will see a buff soon.
    I keep getting sat from challenge modes and harder heroic achievements because Shadow's AoE isn't up to par with Warlocks and Monks and tank Druids (yes, they'd rather run two tanks for AoE than bring a Shadow dps.) Whole class feels broken. =|

fyi don't compare yourself to monks, they are currently in 'death knight 3.0 patch' mode = overpowered as fuck, but that is understandable, beta is not enough to fine tune a new class in a game as complex as wow, pretty sure blizzard is gonna bring their healing down

now whether they bring priest healing up, that is another question...

I'm not having problems as holy in 25 man normal modes being competitive. Sure, mana is tight but it was the same for holy priests at the beginning of Cata as well. I don't like having to gem for so much spirit like Mazi mentioned but that's just a temporary situation. Luckily I don't raid with any monk healers or I am sure I would feel differently but when their healing output if 40-50% more than the other classes you can bet eventually Blizzard will have to tune them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    Ah, to add to my previous comment, GC tweeting again about Priest problems, only to say-

"Output isn't a great way to evaluate healing. Overhealing, hot sniping, whoever heals the tanks just having stronger HPS..."

I'm fucking terrified.
    We're going to stay like this, arn't we?
    You should be, priests have been broken since the very beginning of beta.

Blizzards responses:

"Priest output is fine"

"The sims are wrong"

"We're not seeing any mana issues"...But the logs show otherwise... "Don't compare yourself to other healers"

"Maybe there is a mana problem, but we can't say for sure because PW:Sol might be covering it up."

"Oops, priest spells cost too much, here's a 10% nerf to mana costs" (And you thought mana was bad now)

And now we're back to

"Don't compare yourself to other healers"

Concerning the meters, Disc by design, should almost always be at the top. Reason being, absorbs are the ULTIMATE heal sniper. If a class that pads the meters by default, is last on the meters, that alone should be enough proof that something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostcrawler

Paladins have a lot of free healing and can subsist on fumes a long time. (That doesn't mean Disc mana is fine.)
    Well, at least they see there is a problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Source....?

Deleted
    Our priest (holy) is always saying how OP Mindbender is and not complaining at all really.

15+ Year Old Account
    I looked your Holy Priest up on WoL (found some 10 man Elegon tryes) and with almost all healing coming from Renew(23%), Lightspring(13%), and Serenity(10%) I can understand she/he won't have a big issue with mana.

Using our big guns in 25's, like PoH, Cascade etc, we are pretty soon in trouble. I can honestly say I would rather re-roll than play the IF+Serenity+Renew spam game.

Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Source....?
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler

Monks are broken as fuck. That's pretty much it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, idd they are just through the roof....

I am very concerned if you ONLY cry for Disc who are a bit lower on meters than Holy, we will definitly loose in the long run if they buff Disc only. Holy have nothing but raw healing. You all saw what happened to hardcore and progression in FL.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least this time I won't have to read "Priests must have lower hps because they bring Inspiration buff and thus Druids deserve to be superior." Granted, it will probably be replaced with Guardian Spirit, "insane burst healing" or something else that's supposedly our strong point.

Still, yeah, Monks. Fixing them should be a priority, higher than dealing with Priests. They completely skew any comparison, dominating all raid healing in 25s. Sure it won't fix Priests issues, but at least it will not make us look *that* bad when compared to whoever will be on top by then.

They are consitantly 5-10% higher healing and 10-20k hps higher. Their overhealing is gigantic as well. That throughput is ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    If people struggling with priest are bad, then we're pretty much all bad. Priests just aren't in their sweet spot at the moment. Sad, but we'll recover

Concerning the meters, Disc by design, should almost always be at the top. Reason being, absorbs are the ULTIMATE heal sniper. If a class that pads the meters by default, is last on the meters, that alone should be enough proof that something is wrong.
    Good point. I don't think that any class should ideally be consistently topping meters. Preferably it should vary depending on the player not the class, but you're right, if anyone should be on top due to class design it should be disc due to sniping. Casting SS on cd inflates hps briefly, then we struggle and decline through the rest while other healers are working less for greater results.

Movement and heavy aoe phases are where I find myself having the most difficulty. Most of my issues stem from the inability to reliably manage short cds along with building evangelism, and trying to not overlap abilities that are incompatible (e.g., AA + SS, SS + IF). Any further stressors such as boss mechanics and movement make this already difficult task so challenging that most priests, i'm sure of it, are not able to play Disc optimally.
    "Healing is a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. All the healers try to gobble all the marbles up. Disc priests take the marbles off the board."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirse View Post
    Any further stressors such as boss mechanics and movement make this already difficult task so challenging that most priests, i'm sure of it, are not able to play Disc optimally.
    Just ranked world 20th Disc heals on Feng the Accursed 10man. I can say that I definitely did not manage to line up all my cooldowns optimally. Rather than wasting due to ineffective overlap, I mostly wasted some potential uptime due to not burning the cooldowns as frequently as I could have. Originally, we were having healing issues with the fight due to me running out of mana ~1min into the fight. Switching from Mindbender to Solace fixed everything. As the attempts wore on and I became better able to predict the AoE damage spikes, my Spirit Shell brought my healing up closer to the other healers.

So yes, there is a world of room to play better as Disc, and it is fair to say that priests are "just playing bad". Currently, world-class priests get mediocre HPS compared to Paladins and Shamans, and even those priests are missing things they could improve on.

Edit: and my gear is reforged/gemmed/enchanted for Shadow. I don't even have spirit in every slot, which matters, because I was OOM for the final 20sec of the kill. There is definitely room to improve on gearing also.
    Last edited by espoire; 2012-10-09 at 06:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading the last four pages.
    I can't help but feel frustrated that this conversation is taking place more here than
    on the actual WoW priest forums.
    There are some great posts here, nice logical arguments and thoughts.
    If we really want to see change sometime soon. How about moving this someplace where Blues actually read.
    I know a few of them probably check out the forums here, but seriously, lets get official =)

I've been playing Disc since ZG launched back in classic, because holy was the only viable spec and I was a hipster. Whenever I need to feel better about the state priests are in, I just look at old screenshots from back then.
    From my experience on the forums, the Priest community is a bit too laid back. I don't think we speak out enough. Lets get a little more proactive and voice our concerns better. Maybe take a page from the Paladin community, they seem to catch Blizzard's ear quite well.

So far, my frustration has surpassed my faith this expansion. I understand the roller coaster and get that we will fly up at some point... But come on, Disc needs some more work, sooner rather than later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the problem is that priests are relying too much on spirit instead of intellect?

I don't have any numbers to back me up here, but I wanted to share that thought since I didn't see it mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen many Priests other than Shadow running around at 90. I'm assuming the best Priests RAF'd Monks and got them geared quick for progression. I'm seeing far too many 90 Monks, especially compared to Priests.

Had a serious blast thru the whole Cata; but i dropped the class untill a better time.

As of today, none of the three specs are worth playing. Right now, if i've to heal, i go r.druid, wich was already superior by far in t13, even if there wasn't enough raid damage to show this properly; while when dpsing i just went warlock (currently my main).

It's sad, because i always ditched the warlock class and its community and, oh the irony, i was able to find the gamestyle that made me to fall in love with the former shadowpriest in (obviously) the new Affliction. Well mostly, its less purple and less manly, but it works. Its fun, it deals huge damage, and most important, its not a hybrid class, wich means u ACTUALLY HAVE CHOICES. When its pure single target, AoE, multitargert. Everything. A button, 3 tomes and u're up to the challange.

Lol, the "buff pure-nerf hybrid" bit**es were sying that beeing an hybrid was better. Goddamn, thos f****rs shoulkd have their classes gimped to hell.
    I'm really pissed off, even more if i think i fell for it and rerolled, wich makes me feel like running away like a little girl.