Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I find this funny as our priest is the only healer we take for guild challenge mode runs. Maybe our other healers just suck.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

All priests just got a +25% to prayer of healing, that on it's own is an enormous deal for discipline priests. Only fight where I'm feeling disc output is really under par is the Emperor, on other fights you can pull perfectly decent numbers, there's even a disc getting something like 75k hps on elegon.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 06:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    Solace is terrible.
    So what do you prefer? FDCL and smite spamming?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    It's not 25% worse, because they aren't reducing the base healing to compensate. It's a straight buff to either side. Look at it that way instead of "oh if I was in Serenity this FH would have healed for 25% more"
    Dosent these buffs kinda illistrate that even Blizzard dont agree with the "value" priests are giving.....

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Dosent these buffs kinda illistrate that even Blizzard dont agree with the "value" priests are giving.....
    I don't understand what you mean.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand what you mean.
    Plenty of people were claiming Priests were fine - including you. Seems like Blizzard disagreed - and judging by 5.1 buffs, still does.

I've done pretty well healing and definitely welcome the buffs. Feel free to look at my logs.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/12890/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyMG View Post
    Most top guilds have their logs hidden. Most top guilds had their priests re roll monk.

I would consider myself a pretty good player. I rerolled priest FROM PALADIN, because I wanted a change for this next expansion. I will say that priest healing is a lot more intensive on mana (i'm playing holy) but i'm doing some very good numbers in terms of output compared to other healers in my raid. I'm not raiding with retards, the players in my guild are quite skilled.

I guess the point i'm making here is that I think all the QQ about priests is overrated. I understand at the beginning of the expansion people aren't used to the mana shortages that healers have (especially holy priests), but I think with time people will adapt to this. It was the same thing at the beginning of Cataclysm with all healers. Everyone was QQ'ing because raiding was "too hard, blizzard nerf plz i'm gonna quit the game".

If anyone can give their input on this please do so. Also, its not like i bought a bunch of BoE epics either, i'm in just heroic blues, and i'm even missing a few enchants because i leveled up at the last minute.
    I've killed 1 hc in MSV and i can tell you this . Monk healing is beyond godlike and priests atm have the lowest HPS in the game . If you can do more hps than paladins and druids then THEY are doing something wrong . And what i'm telling you comes from a guy that has a rank 56 in healing in MSV (paladin)
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

I've done pretty well healing and definitely welcome the buffs. Feel free to look at my logs.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/12890/
    Isn't that an awesome feeling to be playing your class just fine then blizz is like hey here's some buffs and you're like idk I thought I was doing fine but thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    Isn't that an awesome feeling to be playing your class just fine then blizz is like hey here's some buffs and you're like idk I thought I was doing fine but thanks!
    Raid h 25 progression with a very solid, healing team. With two of each class.

Tell me how you feel.

If you raid with baddies on mediocre content it's negligable if you are geared or good. Run with 2 shammys a pally and a monk. then tell me how you feel when you hit 3-4 healer fights.

Noobs that post that they are fine, without experiencing jack sheet in content and have no idea, are half the problem.

@ Mazi

you never topped and in the actual boss kills you were constantly in the bottom along with the other priest (of course I am assuming you are one of the two priests), how is that pretty good?

I think our throughput would be fine with a buff to regen so we can start prioritising other stats and actually cast some larger healing abilities without mana concerns.

I feel that most are used to doing everything at the same time, and it's not like that so much now and the transition over to JUST one expectation in a raid has been really hard.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by vanityking View Post
    @ Mazi

you never topped and in the actual boss kills you were constantly in the bottom along with the other priest (of course I am assuming you are one of the two priests), how is that pretty good?
    You obviously don't know how to really look at logs. SOMEONE is at the bottom. What matters is that everyone is relatively equal. Also, look at Kings wipes. Definitely don't see me at the bottom there. It is a fight very tailored to the tools we provide.

I'm a bigger waste of a raid spot and gear than that he she kelesti that said and swore up and down discipline priests weren't needed for HLK while 1/12h and every one else was full clearing it.

lmfao really. how the hell are you even raiding?

Quote Originally Posted by priestingalong View Post
    lmfao really. how the hell are you even raiding?
    You're mature.

And since when does a healer need to be top HPS to be viable? Because that mentality is just retarded. Not really sure what happened to the priest community here but you guys are definitely pushing me away.

You're mature.

And since when does a healer need to be top HPS to be viable?
    Viable means you should have a shot at "beating" the other healers once in awhile, if you play your class well and the mechanics of the encounter are favorable.

Not really sure what happened to the priest community here but you guys are definitely pushing me away.
    here are issues with the Priest class this expansion - they are mostly now just mana issues. The HPS has been more-or-less corrected. When everyone is telling you you are wrong, you likely are. Furthermore, then saying "I'm going somewhere else then" just makes everyone happy to see you go.
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2012-10-18 at 05:25 PM.

Yep, holy priests are bad, so bad, so very bad. More bad. And more bad. Oh don't even miss the fact that all of the healers completely outgear me. But yep, just so useless and you can't beat any other healer.

When you actually heal 3/6+ heroic modes, let me know.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Psst, you are not healing 3/6 as Holy, unless Garajal now bypasses absorbs all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post
    You seem like a bad player.
    You're bad if you don't think priests are broken right now.

---------- Post added 2012-10-18 at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kouby View Post
    All priests just got a +25% to prayer of healing, that on it's own is an enormous deal for discipline priests. Only fight where I'm feeling disc output is really under par is the Emperor, on other fights you can pull perfectly decent numbers, there's even a disc getting something like 75k hps on elegon.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 06:24 PM ----------

So what do you prefer? FDCL and smite spamming?
    I smite spam, sure. But Mindbender is just better. Not very many fights have enough downtime for you to just be spamming Solace.
    Priest forums and theorycrafters agree.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Psst, you are not healing 3/6 as Holy, unless Garajal now bypasses absorbs all the time.
    Did I say I was? I like how this is the only rebuttal. Point proven.