Deleted

A little bit of advice?

Well, I love the new expansion. It's wicked, great scenery etc. I'm just having trouble into getting into the game. I was a hardcore raider back in the Wrath of the Lich King days and loved logging on with the guild 3 nights a week and raiding. So, Cata came out and yeah I thought it was alright didn't do much raiding at all really just pug'd groups now and then.

I'll get to the point, I feel lost when playing World of Warcraft at the moment. I'll log online and mess around for a good hour and log off and not achieve anything? I'm unsure wherever I want to PVP or PVE this expansion aswell. Alot of people say "you're getting bored of the game" well I don't think I am, I've tried other games out and can't seem to enjoy them like I enjoy World of Warcraft.

I play a level 90 Resto Shaman and I have a few alts here and there, but I know for sure I want my Shaman as my main. I played Enhance in Wrath of The Lich King and Elemental while leveling from 85-90. I just can't get my head around, what I should be doing?

It's like I feel lost in what I should be doing in the game? Has anyone else felt this way, and what did you do to start enjoying the game and getting back into World of Warcraft just like the good old days?

I am in a guild but looking for something a bit more, I'm not sure if having a decent guild affects the way you enjoy the game?

Thanks,

Dirtyvelvet.

It all depends on what you wanna achieve in the game.
    If your goal is raiding, you should look for a raiding guild, with raiding times that fit your schedule and mindset.
    You are just "in a guild" do you have any bonds that keep you there? good friends you play with maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a generally a good idea to define your goals for the day before logging in or else you'll just get lost again. MoP has shown me the biggest number of "cool extra stuff" to do per day, it has gotten to the point where everyday when I go to bed after playing I remember that I forgot to do my klaxxi dailies, or Direbrew event, or a scenario simply because I got carried by the many other stuff available.

"Ok, let's work a little on my archaeology today... but wait! What's this blue exclamation mark I never noticed before!"

I have a friend that always gets into this position, I always try to think ahead about what I want to accomplish and what I enjoy about the game. You're at a spot right now where if you keep thinking this way, you're going to snowball into a worse feeling and possibly not play the game. Obviously, the game should be fun, but it's up to the player (in anything. not just WoW) to be optimistic and not sabotage themselves into hating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    It's a generally a good idea to define your goals for the day before logging in or else you'll just get lost again. MoP has shown me the biggest number of "cool extra stuff" to do per day, it has gotten to the point where everyday when I go to bed after playing I remember that I forgot to do my klaxxi dailies, or Direbrew event, or a scenario simply because I got carried by the many other stuff available.

"Ok, let's work a little on my archaeology today... but wait! What's this blue exclamation mark I never noticed before!"
    This is true. After I have spent a few days playing and i don't set up a goal I will often log in and then immediately alt tab to do something else. Or just sit there staring at the quest giver unable to get motivated to click on him.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Deleted
    Thank you for the replies, I've taken into account what you've all said and you're all right.

Going to log on today with the goal to get all my Heroic gear and then log off.