Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    37% with full honor gear and 1 piece of conquest? Haven't gotten all the pieces yet so just wondering.
    No, he doesn't have 37%, at least I don't think so. I'm missing helm + trinket and I'm at nearly 29%, should be closer to 33% when I have the trinket and helm. I'm also a blacksmith and gemming all pvp power where I can.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Rptd/advanced
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-10-06 at 07:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP for me has been horrible. I don't if I'm just running into a lot of geared players or something, but I get my ass handed to me. Warriors, Mages, and Warlocks seem to be the culprits this expansion. Mages Ring of Frost now instantly freezes players, rather then having a cool down. Warlocks do hit me for over 100k damage. Warrior in one BG hits me for 370k execute. What the freaking hell?

I'm not geared at all, cause I'm stuck between getting PVE and PVP gear. I'd like to see other successful Ret Paladins setup. Do they gem for pure PvP Power? What talents are they getting? Cause ATM I feel like I'm wasting a spot for a Mage, Warrior, Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    PvP for me has been horrible. I don't if I'm just running into a lot of geared players or something, but I get my ass handed to me. Warriors, Mages, and Warlocks seem to be the culprits this expansion. Mages Ring of Frost now instantly freezes players, rather then having a cool down. Warlocks do hit me for over 100k damage. Warrior in one BG hits me for 370k execute. What the freaking hell?

I'm not geared at all, cause I'm stuck between getting PVE and PVP gear. I'd like to see other successful Ret Paladins setup. Do they gem for pure PvP Power? What talents are they getting? Cause ATM I feel like I'm wasting a spot for a Mage, Warrior, Warlock.
    You just answered your own question

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post

Wouldn't mind knowing what a few other ppl do as well. Currently I am gemming pure strength in red, pvp resil/pvp power in yellow and pure pvp power in blue sockets. Only at 22% pvp power so far, 52% pvp resil. Also what are people prioritising for reforging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    No, he doesn't have 37%, at least I don't think so. I'm missing helm + trinket and I'm at nearly 29%, should be closer to 33% when I have the trinket and helm. I'm also a blacksmith and gemming all pvp power where I can.
    36% now. Learn to gear I guess.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Rionnon/simple

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 03:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    37% with full honor gear and 1 piece of conquest? Haven't gotten all the pieces yet so just wondering.
    Link posted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinbella View Post
    Challenge accepted.
    not even a challenge to accept, I always destroy them in 1v1 unless they just plain outgear me in resil. = gear only a really good mage can get me. Hunters? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    Wouldn't mind knowing what a few other ppl do as well. Currently I am gemming pure strength in red, pvp resil/pvp power in yellow and pure pvp power in blue sockets. Only at 22% pvp power so far, 52% pvp resil. Also what are people prioritising for reforging ?
    Red: 80 Str + 160 PvP power gems (purple)
    Blue: Pure 320 PvP power (blue)
    Yellow: 160 PvP power + 160 PvP res (green)

You can mix and match or even use other types of gems if you'd like. This is what I've been sticking with so far. 36% PvP power and 58% resilience after re-gemming.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    You mean learn to have EMFH? lol.. did you even see my link? We have exactly the same gear and gemming choices sans pvp trinket.
    EMFH gives you an extra 4%~ pvp power. Which is perfectly inline with the 33%~ I estimated which doesn't include EMFH perks. If you're going to be a dick at least know what you're talking about.

As I said though he doesn't have 37% pvp power with just 1 piece of conquest gear, especially if he isn't human.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-10-07 at 07:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre season 12 Paladins were scaling with the low ilvl gear pretty badly, back then I made a post on how I felt that they needed to be buffed slightly.

Nowadays, Paladins scale REALLY WELL with Dreadful+ gear when stacking haste. The only problems I have are against Shadow Priests, Blood DK's (simply because they are unkillable especially when you have to waste HP/DP Procs on WoG). Everything else is fair game.

The blood of the most recent FoTM class, Warrior, is especially tasty. Talent choices can make a huge difference in how Ret's turn out. Big mistakes I usually see Rets make are using Sacred Shield and Execution Sentence. The fact that SS has downtime during its course is really worthless in PvP. I have yet to find out if it can be dispelled, then thats even worse. Selfless Healer is so much better. Execution Sentence not only hits weak and anti-bursty (meaning its terrible for burst, sure yeah it deals damage and explodes but trust me when I say Holy Prism is MUCH burstier when it instantly crits for 55k+ on resil targets).

Downtime on FoJ is worth not having HoJ+Repentence (unless your holy), so don't spec Repent, and the speed increase on Judgment is the best simply because you can get the speed increase every 4 seconds.

But a properly specced and talent Ret as of right now shouldn't be having to much of a problem with 1v1's on anything really.
    Call me House.

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdora View Post
    Nowadays, Paladins scale REALLY WELL with Dreadful+ gear when stacking haste. The only problems I have are against Shadow Priests, Blood DK's (simply because they are unkillable especially when you have to waste HP/DP Procs on WoG). Everything else is fair game.
    Haste? Your target uptime, especially vs ranged, is dreadful. Mastery is much better for pvp.

Talent choices can make a huge difference in how Ret's turn out. Big mistakes I usually see Rets make are using Sacred Shield and Execution Sentence. The fact that SS has downtime during its course is really worthless in PvP.
    You should be using SS in advance, and making sure it doesn't drop off. An absorb shield is hardly useless.

But a properly specced and talent Ret as of right now shouldn't be having to much of a problem with 1v1's on anything really.
    Ridiculous. Any competent mage/lock/BM/spriest hunter will eat you up. You're probably duelling people will all PvE gear, or people who don't know how to use their CDs effectively.

a well geared mage or lock he will eat up a Retri in no time even blood DK u can tickle him a little bit and all u will do is Kite and spam ur dmg by casting and he will be laughing @ you i was on Eu forums reading some threads and i found a beautiful thread about 2vs 1 Arena lock and Retri against Blood dk , and guess who won

Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    a well geared mage or lock he will eat up a Retri in no time even blood DK u can tickle him a little bit and all u will do is Kite and spam ur dmg by casting and he will be laughing @ you i was on Eu forums reading some threads and i found a beautiful thread about 2vs 1 Arena lock and Retri against Blood dk , and guess who won
    Try not tanking a dk in the face if you know hes blood, pretty basic knowledge for any melee in pvp.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

but u didnt admit that u wont kill him , i already know that u need to kite him but killing him is beyond our imagination i can Admit that i cant kill a good player Blood dk : better survivability , Better Dmg against any Resi classes what i mean his Dmg is better then Retri even he's a tank and he dont need bursts ( i know he wont do dmg like casters )
    Last edited by Matrlx; 2012-10-08 at 09:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    Hey bg hero the game isnt balanced arounded 1v1
    True but most people care more for 1v1 than group pvp facerolling where even bads usually get carried by their team mates or the comp.

Deleted
    Noob stomping some people in 2v2 arena is still fun.
    Pop wings, holy avenger, pvp trinket's +strength, guardian and execution sentence in one go and roflstomp everyone who doesn't cc you while "on".
    I play with a guardian druid, so of cause we lose vs even barely competent enemies, but it's enough to get some points.

Any serious pvp? No thanks, not with my ret.
    However, i didn't ever like pvp besides 2v2 arena for fun and giggles anyway... so i don't mind.

Deleted
    I Have witnessed my brother on his lvl 85 Ret killing several lvl 90 players of all other classes. So far he is up to 8 killed including a 2v1 vs a lock/Ret. What i will say is Ret self healing is really really really good. I mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerath View Post
    I Have witnessed my brother on his lvl 85 Ret killing several lvl 90 players of all other classes. So far he is up to 8 killed including a 2v1 vs a lock/Ret. What i will say is Ret self healing is really really really good. I mean it.
    They must have been afk.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Haste? Your target uptime, especially vs ranged, is dreadful. Mastery is much better for pvp.
    You have to be trolling or something, because mastery gets absolutely god-fucking awful if you have less time on target, which is completely opposite of what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    You should be using SS in advance, and making sure it doesn't drop off. An absorb shield is hardly useless.
    Yeah, Mages find it very useful.

Rets in a good spot atm. Only shadowed by the overpowered classes which need to be brought back to the playing field. ( glares at warriors/shadow priests/Dks/Mages)

Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    Why would it be? It's a spell, so naturally it's not going to be usable while silenced. (Cleanse was never usable while silenced either)
    It's the main way Ret closes the gap and for a melee, Ret is more susceptible to silences than any other melee because we rely on healing spells. It's not like Emancipate removes multiple effects, either. It only removes a single effect.