Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Exactly. Most producers don't even bother with 'the East' because it does nothing for the business, even if it could 'artificially' inflate their subscriber numbers to more than double.
    Actually, if you bothered to listen to the earnings calls, you would know that china rakes in a SHIT TON of profits. And Just about every MMO out is all ready in China or making plans to enter that market. So GG. Your stream of bullshit is rivaling some of the best haters on this website. Keep it up, and you might get a crown.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    If you are going to do that you need to give WoW's western subs only, because none of the other AAA western MMOs lump up all their worldwide subs into one number for release. All the other western MMOs only release their western subs number.

So really, your number for "bragging" is more like 3-4 million. Still higher than the competition, but not as high as you guys like to make it sound.
    bullshit, straight-up bullshit.

show me where bioware claimed that their numbers were US/EU only.

It's all downhill from here. The game will keep getting shittier until Ghostcrawler and his B-Team bastardize it.

Enough game-bashing
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-04 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Do you actually know the story behind the pandaren?
    Yea, Blizzard made a joke on April Fool's Day (some people liked, but most warcraft fans /facepalmed), ended up adding it to Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne (in almost a year after the game, and expansion actually, was released) as a neutral hero, which was as it is actually portrayed around here: cuddly and funny. All of his skills were themed by beer and kungfu. Then they added the orc campaign (which was added in parts, to fix things if people facepalm too much), which wasnt really a campaign but rather a custom map. The campaign included founding of Orgrimmar, Rexxar and Chen Stormstout. It was revealed that Chen is actually a travelling brewmaster who was in for new brew recipes, he's not much into fighting and is used to solving his problems with a lil more beer (contrary to how he's portrayed in MoP).

I'm not surprised at all. I think there are a lot of folks still in 'wait and see' mode.

I'd love to see the day most of the illogical people on this forum, who mindlessly hate WoW due to the fact it somehow killed their families or lost them their job so they have a personal vendetta against it, stop freaking out without probable cause, think about the fact their opinion isn't always right, and let the fans enjoy their game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Even less than Cata and with even easier access to the game.

Also with that sentence watch Blizzard spin the China numbers, despite no one from the US nor EU plays with them to count as a player population. It's like comparing the population of GW2, they don't play with WoW players...and neither do the Chinese.
    And how many US players play with EU players (or vice versa)? Or with how many players do you play who aren't from your server? Shouldn't we only count the players that you've seen during the last month?

They actuallly are very disappointing. They make MoP the least succesful expansion to date. And thus undeniable proove that the game is, currently at least, stuck in a natural state of decline... maybe they can change that with delivering great new content patches during MoP itself.
    Yes, because the success of a 18-24 month expansion is determined during the first week.

Exactly. Most producers don't even bother with 'the East' because it does nothing for the business, even if it could 'artificially' inflate their subscriber numbers to more than double.
    Any business man that ignores almost half of their posible target audience (Asia) is not a good one.

10+ Year Old Account
    These results thus make MoP the least succesful expansion to date. TBC had better sales numbers than this back when the game only had roughly 5 million subscribers.

Pretty obvious and expected, the game is in a natural state of decline. Next expansion they'll have to be glad to be able to make 2 million copies sold unless they make MoP a really memorable experience that'll blow people out of their seats.

From what I've heard the new subscribers are much younger than usual by a large margin too, so maybe Blizzard will be able to impress a younger generation with their game to expand their future subscriber base, but the older generations seem to be abandoning the game.
    Really? 80-90% of my guild is 25+ in age... most of us over 30... and none of us have left the game at all. Matter of fact a lot of my guildies have gotten hooked on Pet battles, including my 60 year old mother! Sounds like those older generations are jumping ship! O.o
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

No, most producers don't bother with "the East" because the MMO market there is already flooded with tons of free MMOs that better under their player base than western MMOs do and the maket there also have tons of restrictions that must be met before they can release a MMO there. Money is money and if those producers thought they had even the smallest chance to hit it big over there they would try for it. Mostly the people that pay monthly for their subs are paying for the up keep of the servers and wages for workers, any money made from the Asia market( no matter how little it is) would mostly be pure profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    yes i know, i'd probably incapable of accuratly drawing a map of the asian continent, but i have a decent knowledge of the major asian country and rough location on the map, including some less known like bengladesh, laos or thailand.

Bu i don't understand where you going with this though.
    I made that comment, because it seemed to me that you thought China was the only country in Asia... you were making asseverations about the "Asian subscriptors" not to be taken into account... and babblering about they must not being counted into the subs... I highly doubt you understand the way they have to pay to play WoW and you just repeat something you don't even know... Chinese and Korean people don't play for free as you think, they have to pay for game time, the difference is that their prepaid cards are "X-hours" and not just the common "30-day".-

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    so they sold 2.7 million copies and gained 900k subs, profit is profit no doubt. if they hold true to their promises i can see them staying above the 10 mil mark, if they dont i think itll be a decline.

in all honesty though who cares. play what you like. im not playing WoW but im not against them doing well either.

10+ Year Old Account
    2.7 million is kinda abysmal given their past success but as I've said time and time again what the fuck do you care? Seriously theirs a 73 page thread on this forum where you guys argued speculation ad nauseum. Well it turned out to be relatively not so good. Now does that matter? Will you sullenly accept you were wrong? Obviously not and the other side won't accept that it doesn't matter one fucking bit anyway. I knew every fucking rationalization and justification, anything you people needed to tell yourselves would come out of the wood work if the sales were bad or if they were good. Someone should make a list of every reason you people can come up with to dismiss shitty sales or good sales for that matter. Hilarious though. Blizzard deserves a better community.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-04 at 03:17 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    That number will go back under 10 million in 6 months. So tbh i wouldnt brag about that, just gotta do more pr spin in the future
    Except not really. Chinese sales will bring this number up to 5 million easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing people who work in the financial departments of Blizzard for a few years. It's also why I yesterday already knew about this number of sales.
    Thanx for the extra large helping of bullshit, but Im going to decline this one because youve already served your daily amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Any business man that ignores almost half of their posible target audience (Asia) is not a good one.
    Getting a game in to China gives you a lot of hoops to jump through, remember Blizz having to sanitise WotLK to keep in line with the regulations? Also you can not run your own servers, but have to have a Chinese intermediary who will pay royalties.

Quote Originally Posted by belgicanofl View Post
    Except not really. Chinese sales will bring this number up to 5 million easily.
    No, it won't. Read through the thread before asking why.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Getting a game in to China gives you a lot of hoops to jump through, remember Blizz having to sanitise WotLK to keep in line with the regulations? Also you can not run your own servers, but have to have a Chinese intermediary who will pay royalties.
    Blizzard doesn't run their own servers in the United States, they lease them from a company and they are run via remote commands. You will not find some massive underground server base in Blizzard HQ.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So the 8 year old dead game sold more copies on the latest x-pac than the last alleged WoW killer?
    This guy wins the thread .
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."