Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    bullshit, straight-up bullshit.

show me where bioware claimed that their numbers were US/EU only.
    They don't even have the game available in regions outside of US/EU and Oceanic. Like most western MMOs. So of course their numbers exclude asia which more than doubles Wow's sub totals.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Game over Pandaria haters.
    Game over WoW haters.
    Game over mainstream gaming media

WoW didn't die, it grew. Yes sales were down, but keep in mind we also lost 2 million players.

Remember my prediction back in August? "Those million who quit last quarter left from boredom. They will return for MoP."

They're baaaaaccckkkkk~

Now get off our forums before I run you out.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Damn, this game as much in a week then SWTOR and GW2 did in a month? Crazy.

I had my doubts as well a few times in the past, I mean at some point it HAS to go down right? Old players quit and new players would choose to play new games. And it even requires a subscription!
    But this freaking old game still blows brand spanking new games out the water. I mean, it is from the same year roughly as CoD 1. Imagine all those crappy CoD fansboys still playing the first game (with some graphic updates, okay). I am not even going to predict anything about this game's salesfigures anymore. It just doesn't want to die haha.

Edit: WTH, people saying these sales are bad? Then you must be completely insane. Other companies stop developing PC games because this game won't die. It sucks the life out of the PC community. The sales figures are equal or better then BF3 and CoD: MW3 combined on PC. And before this game shooters were always the big sellers on PC. And now the expansion pack of a 7 year old game takes a dump on the sales of the 2 largests shooters on the PC.
    Last edited by Bolson13; 2012-10-04 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Fuck, I see the thread is already infested with the cult that feels the need to come depict the sales numbers as more positive than they really are. Why do you people need to ruin your own game by pulling wool over your and other people's eyes?
    What did you expect? Theirs a 73 page thread on the front page of this very forum that is 73 pages based on PURE SPECULATION. These people can't let it go. Good or bad. They've all tied their egos to how well or how poorly Blizzard does. It's worse than politics. It's grossest most disgusting form of theater on the web I can think of. It's worse than Springer...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact is that they sold almost 3 million copies of a "dying trash game". Period. Haters gonna` hate. Im moving on to the class forums now to discuss PvP. Good day haters, Im glad you all finally got to taste your own feet. Hope you packed salt.

Infracted. Don't help keep arguments going by provoking them
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-04 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Game over WoW haters.

WoW didn't die, it grew. Yes sales were down, but keep in mind we also lost 2 million players.

Remember my prediction back in August? "Those million who quit last quarter left from boredom. They will return for MoP."

They're baaaaaccckkkkk~

If anyone was expecting that there wouldn't be an initial burst after an expansion, then they were being idiots. Of course there's an initial burst, it's an expansion. But the burst doesn't set the stage, they have to hold the people who have already quit before, which will be harder than holding them the first time. It will fall back down every quarter until the next expansion.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game over WoW haters.

They're baaaaaccckkkkk~

Like this guy. Perfect example. It's still lost from it's peak of players. It hasn't sold anywhere near what the previous ones did. None of that matters though. GET OUT YE HATERS I HAVE DECRIED SALES ARE FINE. The shareholders are probably more rational. We'll see what the stock does and what the market expectations were like...
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    From what I've heard the new subscribers are much younger than usual by a large margin too, so maybe Blizzard will be able to impress a younger generation with their game to expand their future subscriber base, but the older generations seem to be abandoning the game.
    So by this you actually mean "From what I've made up, but am going to try and sell as some deep insider knowledge"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    The fact is that they sold almost 3 million copies of a "dying trash game". Period. Haters gonna` hate. Im moving on to the class forums now to discuss PvP. Good day haters, Im glad you all finally got to taste your own feet. Hope you packed salt.
    Like this guy. Put his fingers in his ears lalalalalalal

Look it wouldn't matter if they sold TWO copies. He would still say game is growing you haters suck. All of it, from either side is totally irrational.
    The hammer comes down:

These results thus make MoP the least succesful expansion to date. TBC had better sales numbers than this back when the game only had roughly 5 million subscribers.

Pretty obvious and expected, the game is in a natural state of decline. Next expansion they'll have to be glad to be able to make 2 million copies sold unless they make MoP a really memorable experience that'll blow people out of their seats.

From what I've heard the new subscribers are much younger than usual by a large margin too, so maybe Blizzard will be able to impress a younger generation with their game to expand their future subscriber base, but the older generations seem to be abandoning the game.
    BC launched with just over 8 million subscriptions. Selling 2.4 million with 8 million subscriptions is about the same as selling 2.7 million with 9 million subscriptions.

http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 10:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    If you are going to do that you need to give WoW's western subs only, because none of the other AAA western MMOs lump up all their worldwide subs into one number for release. All the other western MMOs only release their western subs number.

So really, your number for "bragging" is more like 3-4 million. Still higher than the competition, but not as high as you guys like to make it sound.
    And if we want to take out eastern numbers then WoW hasn't lost as many subscriptions since it's peak in Wrath. As has been stated at every earnings call where subscriptions have been lost the majority of them were from the east.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If anyone was expecting that there wouldn't be an initial burst after an expansion, then they were being idiots. Of course there's an initial burst, it's an expansion. But the burst doesn't set the stage, they have to hold the people who have already quit before, which will be harder than holding them the first time. It will fall back down every quarter until the next expansion.
    I agree, after subs first started declining in Wrath it became a matter of how steep the dive and how big the bursts.

2.7 million copies sold yet 10 mill players to the playerbase. It's funny watching people try to turn water into wine with such low numbers. 2.7 but weres the other 6.3 million? Or did all the fanboys forgot how to do math? Lets not forget the official annual report is in a couple months . A lot of sub losses can happen between now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    BC launched with just over 8 million subscriptions. Selling 2.4 million with 8 million subscriptions is about the same as selling 2.7 million with 9 million subscriptions.

http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 10:25 AM ----------

And if we want to take out eastern numbers then WoW hasn't lost as many subscriptions since it's peak in Wrath. As has been stated at every earnings call where subscriptions have been lost the majority of them were from the east.
    BC's 2.4 million was in one day. MOP's 2.7 million is in a whole week. Blizzard is presenting the numbers in a way that the typical user is less likely to notice how bad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarebusta View Post
    BC's 2.4 million was in one day. MOP's 2.7 million is in a whole week. Blizzard is fudging the numbers to make it look less bad than it is.
    How are those numbers fudged?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post

http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png[COLOR="red"]
    Except 2.4 million is for the first day, and 2.7 million is for the first week. Since BC was at 3.5m at the first month, it would have been around 2.7m-3.2m after the first week (obviously the sales are stacked towards to the start of the one month period). This is pretty much proof that the proportion of Chinese subs has increased.

These numbers are pretty terrible for Blizzard, and people trying to spin them to look good are being pretty pathetic. 50% of the voters thought that Pandailia would sell more than 3.3 in the first DAY in the poll on here, and now they are moving the goalposts.
    Last edited by mmoc9f738f0006; 2012-10-04 at 03:35 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Like this guy. Perfect example. It's still lost from it's peak of players. It hasn't sold anywhere near what the previous ones did. None of that matters though. GET OUT YE HATERS I HAVE DECRIED SALES ARE FINE. The shareholders are probably more rational. We'll see what the stock does and what the market expectations were like...
    Wrath sold 100,000 more copies in a week. Wrath had more subscribers.

Cata far outsold any expansion, and most of those people hated it.

MoP is legitimately loved by those who played it. But the three groups I mentioned have been on the internet waging a crusade to kill WoW.

Well the mystique is gone. ToR self destructed, GW2 is treading water, while WoW gained back the 1 million subscribers.

You may be entitled to your game, your opinions, and your internet access; but you are not entitled to your own facts. WoW isn't crap, dead, or dying. And any statements to the contrary will be quickly rebuffed.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by blupparen View Post
    2.7m bough mop and the rest is playing cata or older? Think for a moment
    Of the 10 million subscribers 5 million or so are asian subs. WoW China/Korea + NA/EU = 10million.

WoW NA/EU MoP = 2.7m. So as of the first week half the people that were subbed to WoW got MoP. A 20% sales reduction from Cata so it seems about right on track with the trends. By the end of the month I expect the number to be around 3.5m bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    How are those numbers fudged?
    By hiding the first day sales and trying to stretch it as far as they can with the 1 week sales.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    We'll see what the stock does and what the market expectations were like...
    Currently the stock is down 0.71% sitting at 11.15 from an opening of 11.23 so guess the markets aren't pleased with the news, so far. It was 11.17 when I started writing this lol

You may be entitled to your game, your opinions, and your internet access; but you are not entitled to your own facts.
    Looks like someone watched the debate last night. Well played.