Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    I just think it's a bit silly talking about losses of say 800k, or 1.1 million which we have seen, being considered a heavy blow. Then the tables turn and they regain 900k... it's suddenly considered a small chunk.
    Why is it considered a small chunk? Because I would be ecstatic if those numbers came in during a patch, or throughout a quarter, but they're in on launch? The game should've by all means added more than that, easily. It's a great expansion.

Not to mention we're all forgetting the annual pass. So that gain in subscribers is nice, but we're not sure how many AP users aren't going to be there. So take that 10 Million as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I think you are over reacting a little bit to these numbers. Sure it's not as much as previous expasions but it's still a good number. It still beats any other mmo on the market. So nay say all you want, it's still going strong.
    Why does it always boil down to 'it still beats any other mmo', I don't give a fuck about any other MMO. If I'm playing WoW, I'm playing WoW. I'm not sitting here playing Rift, kicking a can down the street and mumbling 'Shucks, sure is nice to be them thar WoW players'.

I care about how this impacts my game, I could give a fuck less about 'any other MMO'.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

Its called a bias. Its ok to admit you have one, we all do. But, please, stop pretending like you're arguing on neutral grounds.
    Because TOR is far from dead.

Get a grip.

While this does show that the first-day sales of MoP weren't as good as prior expansions (since the first week is being shown compared to the first-DAY sales on the front page) - that is splitting hairs and is still a pretty damn good number. I'll admit that's much better than I thought it would do, especially coming out of Cataclysm and the CRZ debacle. While I was half-expecting a loss, the highest gain I was expecting was 500k... but a 900k gain is still pretty good.

The question is now, will they keep it up. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    2.7 Million copies in a week. It took a week, to get to that number. Seven days.

All previous expansions took a day. Twenty-Four hours.

It took seven times as long to get to just shy, but Below Wrath's numbers, and just above TBC.
    The hate is strong with this one.

When people are forced to parse the numbers based on press releases you know their argument is weak. Be serious man, most of those sales were digital and BEFORE the expansion even launched, the fact you really think all 2.7 bought it after the launch during the first week just makes you look dumb. Most in my guild had it a month before...... So the reality is, it is possible we have 2 million BEFORE the first 24 hours when subtracting box sales...

The fact is that 2.7 is incredibly strong, over a week OR a day, and I expect it to grow as word of mouth spreads about how good this expansion is. My guess is we are back to 11-12 million in the near future.
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2012-10-04 at 04:31 PM.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I'm sorry. I just cannot take you seriously after looking back and seeing your "TOR is far from dead" and then your doom and gloom about this. Its would be hilarious if it wasn't so ridiculous. All I am seeing is the typical argument that went along back when subs were falling and people were yelling, "THE GAME IS DEAD! THE GAME IS DEAD!" and so then the game regains more than a third of its subs alone and its only a pittance in your eyes.

Its called a bias. Its ok to admit you have one, we all do. But, please, stop pretending like you're arguing on neutral grounds.
    He needs to go back under his bridge, he's just repeating the same shit over and over again.

Infracted. Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-04 at 04:46 PM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Funny that 2.7M and people are saying it's low or the game is dying.

Yet GW2 sold 2M, less than an 8 years old game expansion, yet it was seen as a huge success.

Irony.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why does it always boil down to 'it still beats any other mmo', I don't give a fuck about any other MMO. If I'm playing WoW, I'm playing WoW. I'm not sitting here playing Rift, kicking a can down the street and mumbling 'Shucks, sure is nice to be them thar WoW players'.

I care about how this impacts my game, I could give a fuck less about 'any other MMO'.
    Because it's not ALWAYS going to break records. Like EVERYTHING else in history everything WoW is going to have it's ups and downs. Cata was a down time. From reports so far MoP is bringing some back. Hell it could still go back down.

Why does every release have to break a recod for it to be good? So you mean to say any game that doesn't is crap and doomed to die?

If it still beats every other mmo why are you not happy? What are you mad about, exactly?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    I laugh when people compare other MMOs to WoW and say that it has 5 times as much subscribers or more than any of them.
    Why are you ignoring the fact that most western MMOs don't launch in Asia, which is where more than half of WoW subscribers come from?
    If you want make a rightful comparison you should only consider the regions where both games exist.
    WoW has around 3-4mln subscribers in EU/NA. Yes, it's still more than any MMO here, but it's not 5 times as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    The hate is strong with this one.

When people are forced to parse the numbers based on press releases you know their argument ,you know it is weak.

The FS t is that 2.7 is incredibly strong and I expect it to grow as word of mouth spreads about how good this expansion is. My guess is we are back to 11-12 million in the near future.
    The love is strong with this one?

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Why does every release have to break a recod for it to be good? So you mean to say any game that doesn't is crap and doomed to die?

If it still beats every other mmo why are you not happy? What are you mad about, exactly?
    I never once said that.

It sold like shit, and it brought back less than it should've, is all I'm saying.

Hell, annual pass hasn't even expired yet.

And why are you mad?

Because TOR is far from dead.

Get a grip.
    Well, as it reportedly has less than one million players and is developing a F2P option, what in your opinion constitutes "dead"? WoW now has over 10x the number of subscribers but you seem to think it's in terminal decline.

So 3 ish million people play wow in Europe/US. Not the juggernaut it once was.

2.7 Million copies in a week. It took a week, to get to that number. Seven days.

All previous expansions took a day. Twenty-Four hours.

It took seven times as long to get to just shy, but Below Wrath's numbers, and just above TBC.
    While that is true... I have to admit that it's splitting hairs. First week vs First day? All it means is MoP had a weaker first-day sales than previous expansions. If anything, by maybe a couple hundred thousand.

Coming out of Cataclysm and the CRZ debacle... I'm even honestly surprised they actually sold 2.7 the first week! :P

Why does your argument always boil down to "it sold less than wrath/cata/bc"?
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    I don't understand this. Why do people think that all AP holders hate the game? You really think that ALL 1.2 million players who have the AP will just quit when it's up? Well, I'm about to prove you wrong: I have the AP and don't plan on quitting.
    you also bought MoP. You notice the word "Some" in my quote? or did u just gloss over that? Some =/= ALL ty very much have a good day.

Deleted
    I care about how this impacts my game
    Well. Newsflash: It won't impact you or your game in any way or form whatsoever. Period.

Forum Logic:

If WoW, loses 900k subscribers in a quarter, it's a dying game. If it gains 900k subscribers in a quarter it's "abysmal."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Well, as it reportedly has less than one million players and is developing a F2P option, what in your opinion constitutes "dead"? WoW now has over 10x the number of subscribers but you seem to think it's in terminal decline.
    Not terminal decline, but decline yes.

Your point?

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Because it did? What do you want me to lie?

Lol?

Hence me saying it sold like shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    Forum Logic:

If WoW, loses 900k subscribers in a quarter, it's a dying game. If it gains 900k subscribers in a quarter it's "abysmal."

For a brand new expansion yeah, you better believe that's abysmal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Because that is where he gets a negative twist to this thread. "It sold less than X a few years ago so now Y game is dead" happens all the time with games. Overall the only negative things people can say is:

Lower than previous - Obviously as the game has lost a lot of players in Cataclysm.
    10 million still not good - Still beats other subscription MMO's

That's the only bad things someone can say, everything else is fine. Game sold well, subs are up. Happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    So 3 ish million people play wow in Europe/US. Not the juggernaut it once was.
    I was thinking more like 5-6 million.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    That's the only bad things someone can say, everything else is fine. Game sold well, subs are up. Happy days.
    Yeah dude, whatever floats your boat.

I think it needs to be pointed out again that mope sold 2.7million in the first WEEK, while BC sold 2.4million on the first DAY. From those two figures it is fair to assume that BC sold more copies in the first week than mope did.

Burning Crusade sold more copies than mope in a week, back when the game was still growing.