Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I know we're trying to be nice, but can we get some infractions going here. The debate has become "forget your ideas, mine are right."
    They subscribe to the Jim Lehrer school of moderation.

I love how you think that a week is an extremely long amount of time and that it took them a week to make 2.7 million sales means that it sold horribly. Furthermore we have no idea how those numbers are broken down. Sure it could have sold 1 million on the first day an the other 2.7 the next 6. Or it cold have sold 2.5 million the first day and another .2 over the next 6 days. Either way and I'm starting to beat my head against the desk trying to explain this to you (which is probably what you're going for) 2.7 million in a day or in a week can't be construed as selling like shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    --REMOVED--

Don't post video spam
    How long were you waiting to use that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I love how you think that a week is an extremely long amount of time and that it took them a week to make 2.7 million sales means that it sold horribly. Furthermore we have no idea how those numbers are broken down. Sure it could have sold 1 million on the first day an the other 2.7 the next 6. Or it cold have sold 2.5 million the first day and another .2 over the next 6 days. Either way and I'm starting to beat my head against the desk trying to explain this to you (which is probably what you're going for) 2.7 million in a day or in a week can't be construed as selling like shit.
    2.7 In a week is selling like shit.

Because if it sold 1 Million in 24hrs, then it sold 1 Million in 24 hrs. The rest of the sales goes towards it's first months sales.

But here, since it's selling 2.7 in a week, you've only three weeks of sales to tack onto it as it's first months sales, as well as the six days it's included in it's initial weekly purchase.

All of which are sub-par in terms of comparative sales. It doesn't need to break records, but sheesh I'd like it to at least stack up with Wrath and TBC in terms of initial 24hr sales.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-04 at 06:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't mean anything... From what I've been reading and watching on twitch... most high end players aren't enjoying MoP... everyone tried to make it sound amazing, but in all honesty, the glory was during the questing. With no real antagonist, it leaves the player base bored and non-motivated because we're not working our way towards a final boss who's destined to destroy Azzeroth. Why can't people just acknowledge the fact that WoW is a dying game. When most of the main lore has been used up, it leaves little room for new original lore. Another interesting fact is that the game is old... not many people take that into consideration... how old? Well to be precise, it was released the same year and month as Counter Strike: Source. Graphics in games are drastically surpassing WoW and anyone who tries to argue that is a complete fool... For the game to continue on, it would have to have a whole new graphics engine, which would cost WAY too much for blizzard/activision to care.

So what I'm saying is... why do people create threads trying to argue that fact that WoW is a dying game? Why can't you accept it and just move on? If you disagree, then keep your opinion to yourself. Like I said before, 2.7 million doesn't mean anything... the first quarter of an expansion will always look good... hell, I'm probably considered an active member of this quarter because of the 7 free days they handed out prior to the expansion. All this thread is doing is manipulating... making people think that WoW is still amazing and can carry on... far from.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    These numbers seem similar to hard copy sales, majority did buy digital after all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Because I was totally advocating the game's demise.
    You're reveling in the negativity of this whole situation, and you're acting as a doomsayer. Conscious of the fact or not, doing it on purpose or not, you actually are doing just that; advocating, trying to bring forth, the game's demise.

Deleted
    I don't get this guy Conscious, I mean I don't give a hmm, I mean I don't care about subcriber numbers and sales.
    I care for the things I love in the game to stay the same and the things I don't like to change.
    Its that simple!

Like i said, as badass he looks, people who know little to nothing about WoW universe can't take pandas serious. I know its kinda sad, but that's how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Except, as pointed out previously, 2% more of the player-base bought MoP than the Cataclysm player-base bought that expansion. But fine, keep ignoring anything but the big shiny number and pretending that you can just unequivocally compare them.
    Hello.
    Sales from Cata : DAY 1.
    Sales from MoP : WEEK 1.

You're ill-placed to give advices about missing everything beyond the shiny numbers...

Funny how that works huh. I actually like Mists.

The sales were still shit.
    What did you expect them to sell before MoP launched? Were you predicting over 5 mil?

The people who show up to spread doom and gloom on these threads are very predictable. It's always the same 2 arguments.

"Look at how bad the numbers are!"

or

"The numbers should have been way better!"

Easy cover for all the sub numbers threads.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    . With no real antagonist, it leaves the player base bored and non-motivated because we're not working our way towards a final boss who's destined to destroy Azzeroth.
    For myself and a majority of the people i've talked to, and read about on the forums, No final boss who's destined to destroy Azeroth is a very good thing. After three expansions of it and having to work with the opposite faction to take them down it's gotten extremely old. World of Warcraft is going back to it's roots of big bads within their own patches and more focus on the actual War.

Why can't people just acknowledge the fact that WoW is a dying game. When most of the main lore has been used up, it leaves little room for new original lore. Another interesting fact is that the game is old... not many people take that into consideration... how old? Well to be precise, it was released the same year and month as Counter Strike: Source. Graphics in games are drastically surpassing WoW and anyone who tries to argue that is a complete fool... For the game to continue on, it would have to have a whole new graphics engine, which would cost WAY too much for blizzard/activision to care.
    Because it's not dying, because it still has more subscriptions that almost every other mmo out there comined.

How long were you waiting to use that?
    I've used it before, but you were making it so tantalizing that I just wanted to wait for an extremely obvious thing to quote before using it.

2.7 In a week is selling like shit.

Because if it sold 1 Million in 24hrs, then it sold 1 Million in 24 hrs. The rest of the sales goes towards it's first months sales.

But here, since it's selling 2.7 in a week, you've only three weeks of sales to tack onto it as it's first months sales, as well as the six days it's included in it's initial weekly purchase.

All of which are sub-par in terms of comparative and sales. It doesn't need to break records, but sheesh I'd like it to at least stack up with Wrath and TBC in terms of initial 24hr sales.
    Really?

Burning Crusade - 2.4 million first day sales, 8.3 million subscribers, 28.9% first day adoption
    Wrath of the Lich King - 2.8 million first day sales, 11 million subscribers, 25.4% first day adoption
    Cataclysm - 3.3 million first day sales, 12 million subscribers, 27.5% first day adoption
    Mists of Pandaria - 2.7 million first week sales (since we don't have first day sales numbers to look at), 9.1 million subscribers, 29.7% first week adoption

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Hello.
    Sales from Cata : DAY 1.
    Sales from MoP : WEEK 1.

You're ill-placed to give advices about missing everything beyond the shiny numbers...
    Not really. I don't see why it being a week is relevant. It's still 2.7 million sales, and it's still before their monthly report.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really?
    Burning Crusade - 2.4 million first day sales, 8.3 million subscribers, 28.9% first day adoption
    Wrath of the Lich King - 2.8 million first day sales, 11 million subscribers, 25.4% first day adoption
    Cataclysm - 3.3 million first day sales, 12 million subscribers, 27.5% first day adoption
    Mists of Pandaria - 2.7 million first week sales (since we don't have first day sales numbers to look at), 9.1 million subscribers, 29.7% first week adoption
    Factor in the first week sales of each of those prior expansions, and try those numbers again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You're reveling in the negativity of this whole situation, and you're acting as a doomsayer. Conscious of the fact or not, doing it on purpose or not, you actually are doing just that; advocating, trying to bring forth, the game's demise.
    Let me get my tinfoil hat, brb.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the funny stuff about this, Now the game sold 2.7+ millions in one week and the the subscriptions are back to 10+ millions, but lol,
    in haters words: WoW is DEAD! and yeah yeah WOW is Dead, that other game killed wow. Just watch the numbers and do the math,
    WoW is so Dead.

One more thing now that there is not another MMO in the near future, nor another wowkiller "brace yourselves boys"
    because the hate on this forums about wow, will become big and funny.

Factor in the first week sales of each of those prior expansions, and try those numbers again.
    Sure, what were they? I'll do the maths.

Deleted
    Jest all you want. It's not my problem if you're blind to your own actions.

Well I give up. I had tried to point how obnoxiously hypocritical you're being, but my server has come back up and frankly I'm tired of trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    So what I'm saying is... why do people create threads trying to argue that fact that WoW is a dying game? Why can't you accept it and just move on? If you disagree, then keep your opinion to yourself.
    I suppose if there weren't so many people, many of them former players with no current stake in the game, making threads about how the game is dying, then people wouldn't be motivated to defend it. You apparently aren't a subscriber either since you're on a seven-day pass so realistically you have even less reason to post than those you criticize.

Count them up for yourself: WoW is dying threads (or similar) versus WoW is alive and well. If the expectation is that you and others should post freely and create dozens of threads about how much you dislike the game and everyone else should shut up, I don't know what to say to you.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    For myself and a majority of the people i've talked to, and read about on the forums, No final boss who's destined to destroy Azeroth is a very good thing. After three expansions of it and having to work with the opposite faction to take them down it's gotten extremely old. World of Warcraft is going back to it's roots of big bads within their own patches and more focus on the actual War.

Because it's not dying, because it still has more subscriptions that almost every other mmo out there comined.
    WoW isn't dying? Then why isn't it maintaining or increasing in subs? Oh that's right, it's the only option left, it's dying. It's bleeding subs at a constant rate and I can bet you that after a couple months into MoP, you'll see how many people are still playing.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.