Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    Will be interesting to see how many they sold in China though, because logically they'd sell 7.3million in China. If they don't, they have some people paying for the game on a regular basis without upgrading to an expansion as soon as it's available, which is weird. Still, quite curious on the next list of numbers.
    I thought chinease didn't have to pay for expansions so they won't sell any there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    WoW loses subscriptions
    --> WoW is dying

WoW gains subscriptions
    --> They sold less copies, WoW is dying
    Yeah, pretty much.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So I am not a math wiz, but how do you get from 2.7mil to 10mil?
    since the "12 mil" subs announcement more then the half of this 12 million where the asia guys.

It is just a way to give the numbers... companies use some strategy in bringing news.

"WOW sells 2.7 mill copies of MoP" . Now this will be compared to the other xpac's sales and the conclusion would be that MoP didn't sell well, as it sold less in a week than others in a day.
    "WOW sells 2.7 mill copies of MoP; subs up to 10 mill". Now same numers, just added a positive one. This addition makes the first number, which is lower than previous, less punishing, because subs went up.
    "Wow sells 2.7 mill copies of MoP, prior to release in China; subs up to 10 mill". Now the addition of China is really useless in this, because the Chinese player won't buy MoP ever... they will get it for free. But it does soften the news of the lower sales of MoP.

it is just a way of bringing news in a way that is the least hurtfull or even optimistic; while the facts stays the same.

it is a lot different than for example" CATA sells 3.3 mill in the first 24 hours!

EDIT: I have to add: 2.7 mill in the first week is great though. I don't see any other game pull that off.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pion View Post
    since the "12 mil" subs announcement more then the half of this 12 million where the asia guys.
    Seems it's way more then half atm, however, bear in mind, Blizzard's definition of Subscriber is a bit awkward, they count all free trials as subs, to give you an example, my son for a while enjoyed multiboxing, he had 7 trial accounts under his battle.net, so did half of his twinking guild. Each and everyone of those, is counted as a subscriber, when in fact it's at best, disregarding the true definition of the word, a subscription. Blizzard has 10million subscriptions, not subscribers. There aren't 10 million players out there, there are several million accounts, and several time access cards, ad frankly, it's tough to say for sure if Blizzard isn't counting each activated time card in the East, as a separate sub.

In any case, as long as there are people that enjoy the game, that is what should count for those that play it. Everything else, is often bloated numbers
    to raise the value of the company. The facts are there are less then 3 million active MoP subs right now, and that number is split between US/EU. There were 8 million active BC subs, without China and the East. It's a massive drop, no matter how you look at it. No wonder there are multiple dead realms in Europe, and despite the fact, Blizzard still continues to treat us as second class customers, implementing half cures not solutions. Refusing to admit there is an issue, all in fear their share price will be affected We'd really love to play, but why pay for a broken game to the company that's in denial of any sort of problems affecting some of it's players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Ooh wow, muchtoohigh thinks the game is going in a bad direction.. What a surprise!

Go ahead, put that head as deep in the sand as you can and ignore how WoW AGAIN beats all competition for the 4th expansion in a row.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 07:40 AM ----------

See, and this reasoning is exactly why you aren't CEO and won't ever get more money in your hands than the weekly allowance from your mom.

Now you can try to talk to the CEO, but he can't hear you over the sound of his 80 million.
    The only people burying their head in the sand is the fanboys who try to claim losing 3 million subs over the last expansion is not a bad thing.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    The only people burying their head in the sand is the fanboys who try to claim losing 3 million subs over the last expansion is not a bad thing.
    Sounds like more of a gradual acceptance thing to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    Everytime I see a kangaroo icon next to a post I expect to read an avalanche of agitated fanboy dribble quickly jumping on anyone that has anything remotely bad to say about WoW. thanks for not disappointing.
    Panda Land is very good, and 2.7 Million people think so.

Who are you again..?

It's not his fault GW2 Fanboys are aggitated by the success of WoW, he has every right to be a WoW fanboy, sorry GW2 has failed and will fail to keep any where near the numbers wow has in its 8 year reign of the THE best game in the world..

Cheers all.

Quote Originally Posted by ikonshaman View Post
    Panda Land is very good, and 2.7 Million people think so.

Who are you again..?

It's not his fault GW2 Fanboys are aggitated by the success of WoW, he has every right to be a WoW fanboy, sorry GW2 has failed and will fail to keep any where near the numbers wow has in its 8 year reign of the THE best game in the world..

Cheers all.
    Wowsers, someone with such obvious bias shouldn't throw the word "Fanboy" around when describing others.

Would love to hear why exactly you think GW2 failed. More than 2 Million sales in 2 weeks for a brand new game is pretty succesful, especially when you compare that to MoP only selling 2.7 Million in a week when it has 10 million supposed players who are required to buy it to progress in the game. Also, the GW2 servers continue to fill up despite MoP releasing a week ago, showing that it either had little to no effect on the playerbase.

I like how the number of players World of Warcraft gains and loses every quarter are many times greater than the lifetime subscribers of Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, The Secret World, TERA, etc etc..

I'm uncertain how people think they've got any sort of argument against the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strossus001 View Post
    I like how the number of players World of Warcraft gains and loses every quarter are many times greater than the lifetime subscribers of Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, The Secret World, TERA, etc etc..

I'm uncertain how people think they've got any sort of argument against the game.
    Because they don't equate sub numbers to quality. And their also not in fucking denial.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    That number will go back under 10 million in 6 months. So tbh i wouldnt brag about that, just gotta do more pr spin in the future
    Oh NOES, not under 10 million!!! I mean its only triple the subs that the next best MMO has and still making them billions! That sure isn't something to brag about, no sir!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Wowsers, someone with such obvious bias shouldn't throw the word "Fanboy" around when describing others.

Would love to hear why exactly you think GW2 failed. More than 2 Million sales in 2 weeks for a brand new game is pretty succesful, especially when you compare that to MoP only selling 2.7 Million in a week when it has 10 million supposed players who are required to buy it to progress in the game. Also, the GW2 servers continue to fill up despite MoP releasing a week ago, showing that it either had little to no effect on the playerbase.
    The question I give to you is this. Why do you need to know what he think ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    Oh NOES, not under 10 million!!! I mean its only triple the subs that the next best MMO has and still making them billions! That sure isn't something to brag about, no sir!
    The number is great... 10.000.000! I don't see any mmo doing that any time soon.

On the other hand, it is not the number that is interesting in this case.,.. it is the trend.
    Subs have been declining since cata..... and 25% less players in a year is a lot of losses, eventhough 9.100.000 means still wow is the most played mmo.
    The trend of decline is worrying though... that is not a good sign.

Now we have a new xpac and 900K subs extra. this is good news but again, this was expected as a lot of people come back to check mop out and see if it brings back the joy for them.
    So those 900K at this moment is not very surprising. What is interesting is what happens after 2 or 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    The question I give to you is this. Why do you need to know what he think ?
    I don't need to know, but if someone's going to state something so obviously false as if it were a fact, I'll call them out on it and ask for an explanation. They'll either not respond which only makes it clearer that it was just their ill informed and biased opinion, or they'll make an effort to explain why they think that, at which point we can have a civilised debate about it and maybe clear up some misinformation if their opinions were made based on assumptions.

Deleted
    Bigger doesn't always mean better.

Quote Originally Posted by mag07 View Post
    Blizzard's definition of Subscriber is a bit awkward, they count all free trials as subs,
    No they do not. I don't even know where you're getting this. If you're on free trial, you're not paying, ergo, you're not subscribing to anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    Bigger doesn't always mean better.
    I'm tryin to explain exactly this to my wife since we met, but still....

Anyone who thinks that WoW is ever going to reach WotLK numbers is kireally reaching for something that is not realistic. This includes Blizz, stockholders, etc... Blizz is obviously a very smart company (or else they would not completely dominate a market for so long with a single game), and most stockholders are not idiots either. I highly doubt anyone actually thought that MoP would bring WoW to new heights as far as sales and subs go. A large part of Blizz's focus is on Titan, as it should be.

And bigger may not mean better. But if someone chooses to pay $180/year for a game instead of playing another one that costs $0/year....there is something to be said there. Most people don't want to throw away money. Most people will pay because they have more fun playing that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Because they don't equate sub numbers to quality. And their also not in fucking denial.

Here's something for you. If someone thinks the game has a high enough quality to spend their own money on, and spend time playing, who the hell are you to tell them that they are wrong?

You opinion on a games quality is null and void when compared to someone who is still getting enjoyment out of it.

If they game stops being enjoyable for me, I'll stop playing. I also wont go on a forum dedicated for those who do enjoy the game, to try and convert them away from something they enjoy.

Why do people like you, have a problem with people still enjoying WoW? I'm seriously confused by this.

I don't care about subscription numbers. They mean nothing to me as long as it doesn't directly effect my personal enjoyment inside the world of warcraft. Nothing people like you can say will change that fact.
    Last edited by razski; 2012-10-05 at 01:28 PM.