Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    not bad considering people will be plenty cautious after Cataclysm being not a so much good expansion
    Exactly my thought, + the whole "Kung Fu Panda" anti-hype going around.

I think MoP is severely underhyped, which could lead to stronger sales down the line, fueled by word of mouth "advertisement", and less subscriber bleedings because "it's better than expected".

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    Exactly my thought, + the whole "Kung Fu Panda" anti-hype going around.

I think MoP is severely underhyped, which could lead to stronger sales down the line, fueled by word of mouth "advertisement", and less subscriber bleedings because "it's better than expected".
    I dont think your going to get stronger sales down the line for a game has show weak sales compared to previous expansions. Usually the "overhyped" games get strong sales at the start and then the rest gradually come in. I dont think your going to get the same amount of growth sales wise that you were getting. Either those ppl no longer play MMO's, they moved on to a new MMO, or they are waiting further into the expansion. Part of the Cata playerbase is clearly gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we see growth this quarter, Q4 2012 will likely be the real show in how well MoP release content holds (and possibly 5.1, since it's due on the PTR soon). If they keep rolling new content out quickly and continue with their philosophy of new content for all levels of skill, it'd be a strong argument that they learned from what was largely a failed experiment with Cata.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    So we see growth this quarter, Q4 2012 will likely be the real show in how well MoP release content holds (and possibly 5.1, since it's due on the PTR soon). If they keep rolling new content out quickly and continue with their philosophy of new content for all levels of skill, it'd be a strong argument that they learned from what was largely a failed experiment with Cata.
    If 5.1 drops before the end of 2012, I think Blizz is going to have another surge of subscribers and purchases of Mists. If they can follow it with 5.2 in, I dunno, March of April, that'd be fantastic, because if I had to guess 5.2 will have the Ulduar style raid they've been hinting at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    I guess WoW is dying after all...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    If 5.1 drops before the end of 2012, I think Blizz is going to have another surge of subscribers and purchases of Mists. If they can follow it with 5.2 in, I dunno, March of April, that'd be fantastic, because if I had to guess 5.2 will have the Ulduar style raid they've been hinting at.
    I dunno if release content will last the raiding community 'til March/April, so I'd think closer to February or early March we might see 5.2 drop, followed shortly after by 5.3 taking after 5.1 with more casual- and story-oriented content. If that small-big cycle continues on the schedule 5.0/5.1 are on, it could be a formula for success.

I dunno if release content will last the raiding community 'til March/April, so I'd think closer to February or early March we might see 5.2 drop, followed shortly after by 5.3 taking after 5.1 with more casual- and story-oriented content. If that small-big cycle continues on the schedule 5.0/5.1 are on, it could be a formula for success.
    Mhm.

We have yet to hear if there's a BG or even a raid coming with 5.1 as well.

I'm going to take a risk and believe them this time that they're rolling out content faster.

If they pull off 5.1 before the end of 2012, then they have my faith.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I guess WoW is dying after all...
    I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I'll bite. WoW appears to be the only game in existence that can recover subs, and still be called a dying game. Go figure.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they pull off 5.1 before the end of 2012, then they have my faith.
    Would it be petty if I said I called a lot of this stuff?

Even if WoW dropped to 3 million subs it wouldn't be dead because that is more subs than any other mmo has.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

Would it be petty if I said I called a lot of this stuff?
    What do you mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean?
    Faster patches, more release content, catering to both extremes in the casual-hardcore debate as well as the middle ground, and climbing subs after release.

Faster patches, more release content, catering to both extremes in the casual-hardcore debate as well as the middle ground, and climbing subs after release.
    Oh, no it wouldn't.

Honestly Blizzard kept all of their promises for the launch of Mists except for I think, what, the Valor Point Upgrade for Gear?

I figured 5.1 may drop by December. They're actually doing their best to push content out faster.

But, yeah, that wouldn't make you petty:P

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    PvE maybe, but PvP is even worse than expected - if such a thing is even possible.
    That is only your opinion. The vast majority of people prefer the PVP changes made in MOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    ....and it doesnt tell us that people included in that report had already left when the report was made. because of the way they do their counting. so we agree that the number is extremely flawed, in several ways. as i said earlier, it astounds me that this is the ONLY subscriber details that Blizzard gives its investors. if i were an investor i would be asking for a lot more, because that number is no use at all. after all, if someone quits on the 1st January, they dont show as a fall in subscriber numbers until july, when they publish the second quarter figures. crazy, imo.

(although, interestingly, if someone joined on 31st March, then they would show as an increase for 1st quarter. increases appear immediately, decreases can take 6 months to show through. do you see now why i dont think people should be relying on this number for their arguments?)

not me. i am well aware that publishing false information in published reports can lead to prosecutions. it doesnt guarantee the number is correct, but it would be a foolish thing for a company to fabricate this kind of information.
    It doesn't matter if there is a lag in subscription numbers. There always will be for any game. Blizzard is under no obligation to report their subscription numbers on a daily basis. Certainly some people may have left since they compiled the subscription number they recently reported but then more people may have joined up. Considering this is a new and popular expansions, I think the latter is more likely.

As far as reporting subscription numbers to its shareholders, while these numbers are interesting the real numbers are Blizzard's revenue, costs and net earnings. The money is what is most important. In fact, as we all know, Blizzard has amazing earnings. That's what shareholders want to know about.
    Last edited by Stellan; 2012-10-09 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's strange to me that 10 million people subscribe while only 3 million play MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTjc View Post
    Even if WoW dropped to 3 million subs it wouldn't be dead because that is more subs than any other mmo has.
    if WoW dropped to 3 mil subs it would pretty much be dead. And heres why. The WoW playerbase is split. 40-45% of it is NA/EU players and the rest is Asia. WoW makes most its sub money from NA/EU. Using same ration of WOW only had 3 mil subs then only 1.3 mil players are NA/EU which is basically what other sub games are or were when they were considered failures. So i wouldnt be boasting about having WoW at 3 mil subs and still going strong when "you ppl" criticize other games for having those numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    It's strange to me that 10 million people subscribe while only 3 million play MoP.
    I don't see why we have to keep explaining this. Players in many Asian markets don't buy the game or expansions. They play the game in Internet Cafe's for an hourly fee. The actual number of people who buy the game/expansions is around 4 to 5 million.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just so you know, this is the breakdown of activision-blizzard non-gaap revenue for Q2 2012

Source: http://investor.activision.com/results.cfm

So Asian earning is about 10% of total A-B earning. It does not matter wether there is 7 millions sub in asia, the money is in europe and america, only those sub really matters. The others are only eye powder for fanboy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    You can't say Blizzard is a healthy company though. They never have the resources for anything.
    Haha, so true this. xD