Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Mate... you do realize that even if WoW drops to 1M players, it won't be considered dead right? SWTOR has around 500k subs and it's still kicking. Atleast that was the number I read about last time.

PS: Welcome back Boubouille. This was your first news post since a long time if I'm not mistaken.
    Where did I say it's dead? I agreed with the DYING part, huge difference... mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    It sold for less than the previous two expansions, so yes, it is dying.
    No, it's not. is SWTOR dead? Is Everquest dead lol? Wake up and stop hating on games just because you're not playing them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    might want to start washing your feet better, that way they don't taste so bad when you put them in your mouth.
    HAH, well said sir. Trolls be trolls

Why do the first pages of these kind of threads always have to be spammed with just ''Bizzard is amazing!!! you never fail!!'' or ''MoP is the best expansion ever!!!''

The sales are still higher than I expected, I thought it would be around 2.1 million. But the 1 million extra subs is not really that much, they already lost more subs once in a single quarter. From this point, I don't think we'll see the subs rising any soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    Where did I say it's dead? I agreed with the DYING part, huge difference... mate.
    ....In that case every game is dying slowly every day because every day less people play it. When do you consider a game dead then? When it reaches 0 subs? Cause I assure you that ain't happening unless they close the servers.

So let's see, SWTOR one of the most recent "wow killers" highly acclaimed by press and people managed to sell around 2M-2.5M within the first 2 weeks of launch. A game that was chosen Game of the Year in different websites, etc...

Then we have MOP one of the most hated, criticized games to date....and u tell me that MOP sold 2.7M copies within 10 days of release, hahaha no matter how much one could hate wow thats a big unexpected number!

Lots of hardcore gamers have left wow thats for sure, but it doesnt mean wow lacks a loyal player base....

The sub part doesn't really mean much it just means that they picked up some china subs. 10 mill subs but only 2.7 copies of mop?
    Sounds like people are skeptical about getting it. ;P You gotta also remember this isn't the quarterly report its in a couple months. The last one was just in sept or august. So wait until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephyron View Post
    Wait until people find out that daily quest without a daily cap is like a job and not like a game and the subs will go down again. I call it.
    Having 3 or 4 capped toons doing dailies in the last 2 expansions was like a job but it got all of them 10k each for flight and the other things we spend gold on without evening thinking about it.

....In that case every game is dying slowly every day because every day less people play it. When do you consider a game dead then? When it reaches 0 subs? Cause I assure you that ain't happening unless they close the servers.
    Yes ... every games is dying slowly. That's the way of life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I expected the expansion not to break any records, at least, but those numbers were hardly bad. Passing 10 million subscribers again so soon was a bit of a surprise, too. Will be interesting to see what will happen during the course of the expansion.

Deleted
    It will take ages for WoW to get to that point.
    And thats why i said, it has nothing to do with WoW, i know WoW isnt going to die anytime soon

Deleted
    2.7 million copies sounds like a small number for WoW, if its total playerbase is about 10 million players.
    Are those only the digital versions? Or both physical and digital copies combined?
    2.7 worldwide, or just Europe+America? That number, doesn't say much about the state of the game, to be honest. Further information is needed.

The real test to MoP is how good will it retain players playing in the next months.

Deleted
    So 2.7M players bought the expansion not a big deal imo.

After December you should see a decline in numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    2.7 million copies sounds like a small number for WoW, if its total playerbase is about 10 million players.
    Are those only the digital versions? Or both physical and digital copies combined?
    2.7 worldwide, or just Europe+America? That number, doesn't say much about the state of the game, to be honest. Further information is needed.

The real test to MoP is how good will it retain players playing in the next months.
    digital and hard copies, world wide

Quote Originally Posted by Geler View Post
    Yes ... every games is dying slowly. That's the way of life.
    Then why make fuss about and go "OMG WoW is dying haha Blizz are loosers" Every damn thread suggests that.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    And thats why i said, it has nothing to do with WoW, i know WoW isnt going to die anytime soon
    Problem is I never even replied to you in the beggining. All this was supposed to be towards a post that said WoW is dying.

Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    It sold less in a week than Cata did in a day and those 10M subs will surely drop when a lot of the people with the annual pass can cancel their sub.

Stating the amount of subs is so pointless it's crazy especially when thinking about friends I've got complaining about dead realms, makes you wonder how many of the subs are actually still playing...
    Im one of them, 21st october and im outta there.

So, they sold 2.7 million copies in the first week but they have 10 million subscribers. 7.2 million of those subscribers aren't playing MoP?

Also, Cataclysm sold 3.3 million on the first day. MoP didn't even reach that in a week. It seems like this expansion has greatly underperformed compared to it's predecessors.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post

Most of Asia does not purchase expansions or monthly subscriptions like we do. They get expansions for free and pay for the amount of time they play in minutes.

Last I looked their stock price was falling to it's lowest level in over a year though, not a time to celebrate. Shareholders drive everything.

Noooo the game is dieing because of these damn pandas, and damn casual........ Wait.... what, people still came back after GW2 came out?

@Ryme stocks do that all the time, Apples' stock droped before the ICrappy 5, and look at what it is now after the release of data. Stock prices are based on Data release by companies. After the announcement of back to 10 million their stock will go up again, until the subscription drops again. (Source Finance 101)
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2012-10-04 at 03:37 PM.