Thread: Is this right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamer2k1 View Post
    Putting a tabard for both Lotus & Klaxxi wouldn't be a great idea at all. I'd rather earn the rep via dailys can get gold / something out of last daily than using a tabard.
    Tabard would be optional, obviously. Who wants would still be able to do dailies.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Tabard would be optional, obviously. Who wants would still be able to do dailies.
    I know it would be optional but they didn't put the Tabard in for a reason, why make rep grinding in general easier than it is already? I've completed maybe 5 days of rep with Golden Lotus half way through honored already, that's pretty quick enough.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So there are multiple ways to gear up? this is a problem how?
    What if I don;t like grouping, or i want to buy an alt set of gear for another spec a few weeks down the line?

OT: I've never understood the point of blacking out all the character names on a screenshot

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with rep gating the gear the way they did is that it takes over a month to unlock the rep for some of these items (esp. August Celestials and Shado-Pan). By the time you unlock the gear rewards from those factions, they're useless.

I think this many dailies is not that good in the long run though. I can just imagine how horrible it will be for people doing it on alts as well, I'm only doing it on my main and I have a feeling that by the time I'm done, I will never want to see another (daily) quest again in my (WoW) life. Variety is a spice of life, there should be more than 1 option for gaining rep (like it was before, in most cases).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodrocs View Post
    Your DPS blows.
    Was the last fight on siege of niuzao don't expect high dps
    1/3 GM of Valar Morghulis Horde Torrent Mill EU

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish the tabard was revered, so you could at least burn through the last chunk of what you needed to be exalted.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

faction grinds are fine. they're a huge part of many MMOs and i don't see them going anywhere. the MOP faction system sucks because of the gating..

the gear doesn't matter in the end. hell you'll forget all about it by halloween i bet. i think the bad klaxxi weapons are for xmog more than anything else. if those staffs right-click shot fireworks or some stupid bull shit or turned your mount into a green crap dragon, you wouldn't even care you'd just be like OH MAN IMMA GRIND DAT OUT. its that they're underwhelming blue weapons that you care about.

that said, i would prefer to be able to grind factions at my own pace. i don't care if each mob gives 1 rep. i'd like to be able to knock em all out in a week, rather than be arbitrarily cock blocked by a day wait time in between gains. THAT is the only dumb part about factions. nobody likes the real-time=wait time EVE model except people still playing EVE. i'm not even asking for dungeon tabards... as dungeon grinding does kinda cheese them. anyone can yawn through heroics while hittin' the bong and get 6x exalted with tabards. grinding out in the 'world' seems more legitimate to me. i have no idea why. it just does.

its indeed odd, a blue item as exalted reward.. its both easier and less timeconsuming to get a staff in a heroic instance. (yes it really is easier then questing to do heroic instances these days).

Unless I missed something somewhere I am primarily doing dailys for crafting patterns.

I remember a blue post from a few days ago saying that factions offer Transmogrification gear at exalted and if you check out all those blue items that you get at exalted with klaxxie have unique klaxxie theme and skin thats not obtainable any other way as far as I know

so maybe the reason for blue weapon at exalted is for Transmogrification purposes im pretty sure of it but someone feel free to correct me if im wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Sodrocs View Post
    Your DPS blows.
    Much like your posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Romulan1993 View Post
    I'm not a fan of dailies I admit. I find them to be the worst thing to be put into an MMO ever. Knowing you have to do the same boring time consuming quests (takes 2 hours to do all pandaria dailies) and to know that half of the gear you're able to get at exalted status with the faction is the same ilvl, neigh worser than Raid gear, after weeks of grinding the dailies.

There are a lot of things that I don't get exactly like you just posted. You know what I'm talking about. Like, I'm assuming Blizzard has a brain that functions but what they have done makes absolutely no sense what so ever. My friends sister 7 years old that plays was even confused by this.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see tabards for rep but only if there was a cap on the amount of rep you could earn per week via a tabard so that people were still encouraged to go out and do the dailies if they wanted to maximise their rep gains but still had the option of not doing dailies at all and still getting similar rep if they chose. Probably cap the amount of rep you can get from a tabard to the same amount you would earn from dailies in the same period.

The Klaxxi weps are also just gold cost, I believe they're intended more for extreme non-dungeoning Casuals, and/or for xmog, some of them have decent models

The Klaxxi weapons are not intended to be raiding or dungeon progression gear, which is why they cost gold rather than the VP that useful items cost.
    They are merely for transmogrification.

The philosophy behind rep grind this time around goes something like:

Honored: Limited VP gear and crafting patterns (previously JP gear but that requirement's been removed)
    Revered: VP gear
    Exalted: Transmog items/mounts/fun items

As people have already pointed out, the Klaxxi weapons are intended for transmog due to their unique models, and not so much as actual gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    If loot would be too good from rep rewards people would complain that doing dailies were "mandatory". I was pumped when I finally hit Honored with Golden Lotus yesterday so I can start selling some epic tailoring gear.

OT: Dailies never bothered me, I actually like them when I get off of work. A good way to wind down after a long day. They have so much to do in the game, there is bound to be something that you can find to do other than dailies to have an enjoyable time while playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer2k1 View Post
    Putting a tabard for both Lotus & Klaxxi wouldn't be a great idea at all. I'd rather earn the rep via dailys can get gold / something out of last daily than using a tabard.
    Nobody is saying remove the dailies. Rep tabards do in fact lack the ability to subjugate your will, thus you could continue doing dailies despite the fact that other people might choose otherwise.