Are Hybrids too powerful this expansion?

At the end of LK with judgement of light being able to pretty much heal a raid and no cooldown on word of glory I was able to ret heal lots of 10man and 10man heroic content, I've always done a lot of soloing and my main spec is healing so I am used to keeping people and myself alive. With this being said that was the end of the expansion in all top of the line end game gear, in MoP just hours after hitting 90 I was able to ret heal heroics, they didn't go amazingly but we had no wipes and only 1 or 2 deaths per instance and this is with not even a high enough equipped ilvl to get into a heroic.

After getting even half heroic pieces for my ret set I have no doubt that healing heroics will be a complete joke, I also think that by the end of the raiding tier if nothing is changed then we will be able to down some bosses using only hybrid healers, with the introduction of scenarios where people have to be more aware and keep themselves alive and now that almost every class has some sort of self heal weather its through glyphs or talents, are we seeing a shift to make healers fill less important roll? Will hybrid heals be nerfed? What is your view on hybrid healing, are you for it or are you someone who votes to kick a healer from group just because hes in ret gear / spec without seeing what he is capable of?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we really need another degrade down to the old 'hybrids should do less damage then pure classes' argument? I thought this died out years ago.

All classes should be able to produce as much damage the other if the player knows what there doing.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    <OP's post>

I'll always ask if they're aware they're in ret spec, if the other says it should be fine I go with that. Only one way to find out, you know?
    Last edited by mmoc9253cef1ab; 2012-10-04 at 03:42 PM. Reason: "Abreviated" the OP's post

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the real answer is just to nerf ret paladin healing... and possibly DKs, since they've been soloing current content for the last two xpacs...albeit creatively.

I'm a guardian druid, and while I cant keep myself alive for a long time, I'm not somehow pushing the limits of what is possible by any class. Also, though feral has a free instant heal on 5 combo pts, I don't think even with the talent it is enough to heal a heroic. Especially if multiple people take damage. Only when HotW is up can druids become gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Do we really need another degrade down to the old 'hybrids should do less damage then pure classes' argument? I thought this died out years ago.

All classes should be able to produce as much damage the other if the player knows what there doing.
    Thats not the argument at all, I'm asking if you think that hybrids are too powerful being able to heal a heroic dungeon while in damage gear / damage spec while putting out decent numbers?

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Maybe the real answer is just to nerf ret paladin healing... and possibly DKs, since they've been soloing current content for the last two xpacs...albeit creatively.

I'm a guardian druid, and while I cant keep myself alive for a long time, I'm not somehow pushing the limits of what is possible by any class. Also, though feral has a free instant heal on 5 combo pts, I don't think even with the talent it is enough to heal a heroic. Especially if multiple people take damage. Only when HotW is up can druids become gods.
    feral druids dont really count as a hybrid though, balance druids can heal heroics while dpsing, even healers can heal heroics while dpsing, actual "healing" hasn't had to be done since wotlk when all tanks became able to self heal just because dks could...
    Last edited by swunt; 2012-10-04 at 03:51 PM.