Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroFrYeR View Post
    Too many lazy ass people looking for instant gratification.
    Yes, in my spare time I am lazy. The moment Blizzard starts paying me 13€ – not a month, but an hour – I'll stop being lazy and start grinding. But even then, I won't enjoy it!

My two cents, 2 x Rep for alts when main is exalted would have been enough the rest is overkill.

Deleted
    I appreciate the option to gain rep on alts faster, but why the hell do the change it on the main char from revered to exalted? That's just halving the points you need to reach exalted, for every char... That change I find ridiculous and unnecessary.

I for one love this, I hate questing and leveling with a passion. And hate that now that I finally am 90 all I have is more quests to do, f*ck that. They should make rep BOA as well as I cannot imagine grinding all that rep again on all my alts.

AWESOME! Its about time, this actually gives me some incentive to do daily's on alts.

For all you nay-sayers, I want you to think about this for a second, do you honestly think come patch 5.1 or later when people are leveling their alt that they are gonna grind this rep again? NO, they are not. What they will be doing is joining heroics expecting you to carry them so they can get the latest tier that got moved to JP or VP. You can't kick all of them so your gonna have to suck it up. At least this way there will be more options to give you that leg up on alt number 2,3,4,ect so you wont be as much of a carry.

While i agree on 2x Rep for alts, making you earn Double Rep from Revered-Exalted is incredibly insulting.

That means Honored has 12000 rep and Revered has 10500 rep to get. That seems ass-backward as fuck.

2x Rep when you reach Exalted wouldve been the BEST.

Ok, I have very mixed feelings on this. As of writing this I believe I am sitting at 59 exalted reps accross my accounts with my main sitting at 57. I would hate to see the grind from rev-exalt cut in half on my main becuse that would trivialize the accomplishment of getting the rep in the first place. However, I have changed mains for this expansion so if I were to reach exalted on my current priest main but wanted the achievent on my warlock just for completion and OCD I could see the final grind cut in half only after reaching exalted on one character within the battle.net account. This wouls make life easier for folks like me who still hold on hope for that main to become god like again and cut down on the craziness of grinding all of the new reps until your eyes bleed. But fo the love of jeebus don't cut the initial grind down and make that last run meaningless.

This would make it easier for smaller guilds that rely on alts to fill in to not have to wait weeks for people to get a certain item on an alt that comes from a rep. And since mounts and titles are account wide, there would be no need to qq over someones fresh 90 running around on some pretty mount.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 06:21 PM ----------

Oooh oooh I just had an idea. Make this a guild perk for guilds reaching a certain ammount of reputations exalted. That would give the grinders something to do and a reward for doing it while keeping the elitist happy that not everyone would get the perk. Just a though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eberon View Post
    Yes, in my spare time I am lazy. The moment Blizzard starts paying me 13€ – not a month, but an hour – I'll stop being lazy and start grinding. But even then, I won't enjoy it!
    It's people like you who ruin the game for me. Thank you very much.

In any case, the alt change is good but the double rep for exalted is absolutely retarded bullshit fuckery which probably means this expansion once more has attraction for couple weeks after which when everything is done one can just quit unless 2-3 raids a week justifies the cost.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    Double Rep from Revered-Exalted is incredibly insulting.
    Wow over reaction much?

Did they spit on your mothers face at some point?

That is what I would call "incredibly insulting".

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    revered to exalted is fast enough with most reputations only anglers seem broken as you only have 3 quests and 3 random fish u can do each day
    If you're awake, the quests change at 2am PST (an hour before dailies reset) until Daylight Savings Time and it'll be the quests available the next day. Unless they're the same as the prior day, you'll get 3 more in that hour time frame.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the added rep gains for alts at Revered, but what is the point of Double rep for Rev to Exalted? You might as well cut the number in half, and that would mean it's easier to get from Rev to Exa then it is to get from Honored to Rev.

while i like the idea for the alts, having being revered to exalted x2 as fast is just..... o.O so incredibly dumb

Deleted
    Another part of the game ruined thanks to the ones who cry continuously. Exalter rep divided directly by 2! Alt reps divided by 2! What do they want? Having us to do half the things in game? Maybe they want only half of our money, who knows.

I have a great idea: Lets all cry about we want instant lvl 90 characters with instant Max PvE and PvP tiers also. And when we got it, lets all come here in the forums and cry we have nothing to do…

i like giving the alts an easier way to get to exalted, but giving the main souble rep from revered to exalted makes no sense..

Like a lot of people, I'm super excited about the alts. Biggest problem I've had so far with MoP (the only problem, honestly) is now that my main is doing dailies and getting gear, I have zero desire to get my alts on because 85-90 was too cutsceney and slow (rather have to do twice as many quests and not watch cutscenes, tbh) and then I have 300 rep a day grinds for all these factions to do much of anything....reminds me of BC when I had to retire all 9 of my alts. The change to alt rep makes me a lot more likely to keep enjoying my alts, so I can keep playing like i'd prefer to instead of like I basically have to like in BC (also the main thing about BC I didn't like, besides artificial progression blocks that made it so I couldn't switch mains 5 months in when I decided I didn't like warrior anymore).

However.....this doesn't give us more choice. It's an advantage to players with a lot of alts (yay!) but takes away the feeling of the long rep-grind and it's satisfaction from the people with no or less alts.

I wish they'd left it as normal for mains. I'm hoping actually that there's a technical problem with excluding your main from getting the bonus, so they've just doubled the revered-honored grind to make it the same as it is now...although then, you'd still be stuck on all your alts at revered instead of honored like now.

Maybe there's no way to leave it the same for everyone so that mains can still have to grind (which I'd prefer.)

I love achieving the grind on my main, but like account-wide mounts and pets, I just don't have the time or energy to get those benefits on my alts. So, I'm glad about the alts part of this change. I'm quite sad about the change to mains, though. If I can think of anything constructive to say besides "I don't like this" I might make my first non-bug-related post on the official forums in quite some time.

nice :B
    and of course, haters gona hate

Deleted
    the double rep gains on alts will be nice, atm its putting me of lvling alts, im not one to do dailys never have and now being forced to do them since just to gte rep for recipes, mounts etc

though given the main toon double rates from Revered to Exalted is just stupid

I like it, but at the same time I want Blizzard to be careful as they approach these sort of changes. Too much convenience will lead to having nothing to do again.

As an altoholic, though, I like the changes. The idea of actually keeping more of my characters geared through LFR with the main in regular raiding excites me.

I like this. But would rather see it be normal for main character, and alts get double up to the point of the main.

But in the whole scheme of things rep gear and grinding isn't a big deal. Just means people can get starter gear faster.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Breaks 10 million subs; caters to casuals to get a couple hundred thousand more.

People had to work for gear and rep?!?!

Oh THE INHUMANITY!