Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroFrYeR View Post
    Keep catering to the damn whiners. Rep was fine the way it was. Too many lazy ass people looking for instant gratification.
    speak for yourself son, grinding rep is not fun and will never be, if the stuff you just grind makes you proud and a worthy achievement, reconsider your gaming career.
    Last edited by skylar1; 2012-10-04 at 05:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miatela View Post
    The amount of reputation required to go from revered to exalted may as well just be halved with these changes. As someone who did 58 reputation factions by the Firelands patch, this sort of change is needed only for some of the considerably slower factions (such as Silverwing Sentinels) and for those which are locked to dungeons which are no longer current content.

If I decide to pick up MoP and come back to WoW I am going to miss getting into the groove of a tough grind to exalted and the feeling as that bar slowly keeps on filling.
    This is a time where alts are encouraged, and this was needed.

Glad they realized so quickly.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who exactly is this change for? It's like people actually WANT to hurry up and be tired of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Cant make it more stupid, do you, Blizzard? Of course you can.
    Very valid argument Thunderball. I'm sure they will take your thoughtful and insightful remarks it into consideration.

Keep catering to the damn whiners. Rep was fine the way it was. Too many lazy ass people looking for instant gratification.
    There is plenty of people who play activelly with more than one toon, I play with 4 toons all the time for example. Farming the same thing for months more than one time is just stupid and boring, specially now that we have so many factions on MoP.

I do agree that they didn't need to nerf the "main" rep farming after revered, but the changes to be "alt-wide" is good.
    Last edited by fleps; 2012-10-04 at 05:35 PM.

Makes no sense with the revered -> exalted change, kinda silly.

Alt change is good, but would have preferred account-bound rep.

Deleted
    For people with one of each class ( myself included ) this is a very welcome change.

I'm ok with the changes for alts, but the new stuff for main seems silly.

Cool bro you think dailies are fun. Not the rest of us. Get off your high horse.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mixed feelings about this change, I've long been a proponent of the EQ2 style of leveling (where once you have a max level character the next one gains 20% bonus exp((stacking to 200% max))
    While I like that you're other characters have less of a grind to do, I don't think you should gain double the rep after revered. Grind hard once, and then make it a bit easier for alts

Well twice as fast from revered to exalted is an overkill but it's a great idea in my opinion to let alts get faction maxed fast, I freaking saw the whole content of the dailies, full story as I finish it on my main, why should I have to do it all over again again and again and again, it's like farming the reputation for shoulder enchants in Deepholm, couldn't be arsed to constantly do it, was extremely lame, but they could make the requirement exalted and not revered to bonus your alts...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Who exactly is this change for? It's like people actually WANT to hurry up and be tired of the game.
    People with more than one character.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Does this apply to all factions in WoW or just the MoP factions? I like the idea though.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrikk View Post
    I agree with the alts 2x fast alts, but the twice as fast to exalted is broken.
    Couldn't agree more.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Easy"
    What's hard about doing the same crap day after day? You people don't seem to know what this word means, and you should stop using it. I have a better sentence you can use that properly expresses what they're doing:
    "What the hell, Blizzard? Why would you make rep grinding less tedious and mundane?"

They should have made a reputation tabard for each faction that is BoA and only obtainable when you hit Exalted. Your first character hits exalted, by grinding it as it stands now, and then he can buy the tabard to send to Alts for increased rep gain. I kinda liked all the different tabards in Cataclysm. They had some "flair".

Deleted
    Change for alts is welcome, but revered -> exalted double rep doesn't make any sense. Couldn't they just half rep bar instead?

Yay, let's cater more to the generation touched by the Sha of Entitlement. It's like you people WANT to run out of stuff to do so you can complain about how boring the game is.

So going from revered to exalted requires less then honored to revered? Lol I don't even..

I really like the quicker alt rep gaining. The faster revered to exalted, however, doesn't seem necessary. They should just have it where when one character gets to exalted (at the normal speed) then alts get the double rep. I can some people not wanting to be rushed through revered... you feel a bit more accomplished when you finish that grind up. However, I can't advocate this "Wah! Blizz is nerfing because people whined! Wah!" attitude that a lot of people seem to have (people who will likely take advantage of the system and love it, but want to feel like cool guys on the forums.)