Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabii View Post
    Oh the irony...
    Was thinking the same thing

On a side note, if it takes half the time from revered to exalted, doesn't that make it basically cost 10.5k rep? Making it faster than getting to revered?

Friendly 3k
    Honored 6k
    Revered 12k
    Exalted 21k (21/2 post patch) = 10.5k

This seems... odd. And given the fact that each rank has been giving more and more dailies, I feel as though twice the rate is an extreme overkill.
    Last edited by Rezhial; 2012-10-04 at 05:47 PM.

They should have just made each rep have a turn in that isn't ridiculously low drop rate or turn reputation dailies into weeklies. I really, REALLY dispise that dailies are required if you want to earn rep. If I miss a day because I only have a few hours and decide to run dungeons instead, I lose a day of progress that I can never get back.

If I could devote my entire weekend to completing rep quests, I could run dungeons with my friends instead. However, since I want cloud serpent mounts and need rep to get valor items, I'm stuck saying no to dungeon runs because I only have 2 hours to play and have to complete a daily circuit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaIsAMan View Post
    "Easy"
    What's hard about doing the same crap day after day? You people don't seem to know what this word means, and you should stop using it. I have a better sentence you can use that properly expresses what they're doing:
    "What the hell, Blizzard? Why would you make rep grinding less tedious and mundane?"
    Same logic can be applied to everything in WoW: "What's so hard about killing trash? Lets remove it and kill only bosses". "What's so hard about flying to your destination? Lets just teleport all over the place or put all NPCs in one room". "What's so hard about farming reputation? Lets remove whole concept". "What's so hard about fishing? Just place NPC called FishVendor that gives it for free"

Such logic has no place in MMORPG. People with such logic should go play FPS instead.

I like the alt change, but don't get double for main Revered to exalted.

Oh and the people blaming it on casuals are way wrong. Casuals aren't even 90 yet.

This is all the people who said "I love BC" then when they got rep grind started whining.

So please stop blaming casuals, this proves that the hardcore wannabees are the true whiners
    Last edited by davesurfer; 2012-10-04 at 05:45 PM.

I approve of the changes made toward Alts, but I don't see the need to cut the reputation needed to get from Revered to Exalted in half. That I do think is very unfair, especially concerning grinds like The Insane. Ah well.

10+ Year Old Account
    So as someone who only plays their main and doesn't have any alts, they just cut the rep needed to go from revered--->exalted in half for no reason.

I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to get it straight... I guess I'll have that Klaxxi scorpion mount faster than I thought.

EDIT: So now it'll required more rep to go from honored to revered then from revered to exalted. Ha, that seems silly.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2012-10-04 at 05:47 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Please DO NOT nerf the rev -> exalted grind on mains.... that's just RIDICULOUS and POINTLESS.........seriously, I don't care about how you deal with the alts but don't touch the main char grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Same logic can be applied to everything in WoW: "What's so hard about killing trash? Lets remove it and kill only bosses". "What's so hard about flying to your destination? Lets just teleport all over the place or put all NPCs in one room". "What's so hard about farming reputation? Lets remove whole concept". "What's so hard about fishing? Just place NPC called FishVendor that gives it for free"

Such logic has no place in MMORPG. People with such logic should go play FPS instead.
    Killing trash has its place, and it's easy to weed out who's going to be doing something stupid in the raid when you see someone actually manage to die to it.

Comparing it to flying made no sense. Are you high?

Rep farming makes sense, but it's not what keeps people around giving them something to do. There's already way more to the game than that. I know you can do better than this, pleb.

Long grinds ftw! Separates the men from the boys!

Time for me to farm up the Insane Title now, i feel sorry for people who did it when it was hard

trollface.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwirt View Post
    Well this is going to help for that last push on Hydraxian rep.
    Was thinking the same thing....I'm about 19,000 left till exalted

Quote Originally Posted by Garrikk View Post
    I like the grind, I feel like I'll have something to work for.
    I agree with the alts 2x fast alts, but the twice as fast to exalted is broken.
    I actually agree, I wonder why they did the 2x revered - exalted speed? The alt change makes sense and is absolutely a step in the right direction however I don't see why revered - exalted needed to be tweaked for mains.

I like that they are helping us who play with multiple alts out, but... the double rep for revered to exalted seems like a bad idea. Now I'm not one who usually agrees with the whole "lol making wow eazier for kids" crowd, but I don't see whats wrong with the current grin, at least for the first character you get to that level. I don't see why they can't simply have it so your alts gain double or triple rep once you reach exulted once.

Blizz, I am disapoint.

Yea, I was not looking forward to grinding exalted on more than 2 toons. But to do this only a week after game launch seems a bit excessive.

revered to exalted is fast enough with most reputations only anglers seem broken as you only have 3 quests and 3 random fish u can do each day

the alt change was very welcome, i wasnt sure if i wanted to level an alt with this grind now i will definitely do it

Quote Originally Posted by JainaIsAMan View Post
    "Easy"
    What's hard about doing the same crap day after day? You people don't seem to know what this word means, and you should stop using it. I have a better sentence you can use that properly expresses what they're doing:
    "What the hell, Blizzard? Why would you make rep grinding less tedious and mundane?"
    People who HAVE A JOB and do the same thing every day don't want to log on to WoW and feel like having a 2nd job of doing the exact same things every day.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 06:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    revered to exalted is fast enough with most reputations only anglers seem broken as you only have 3 quests and 3 random fish u can do each day

the alt change was very welcome, i wasnt sure if i wanted to level an alt with this grind now i will definitely do it
    You missed the "in an Upcoming Patch" note. That could well mean 5.1 which is months away.
    Educate the community: X-Perl is dead. Stop using it!

I just wish the tradeskill recipes were bind on account so I could just send them from my main and not have to worry about grinding them at all on other characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like it'll be easier to get Pandaren Kite mount, not that I mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    So as someone who only plays their main and doesn't have any alts, they just cut the rep needed to go from revered--->exalted in half for no reason.

I'm not complaining, I'm just trying to get it straight... I guess I'll have that Klaxxi scorpion mount faster than I thought.

EDIT: So now it'll required more rep to go from honored to revered then from revered to exalted. Ha, that seems silly.

I think in your case this doesn't help or hurt you. For the first character rep grind stays the same. I think, I might have misunderstood... guess the facepalm I did after reading the Blue poster actually meme "Profit..." might have hit my head harder than I wanted.

Having many different chars over a couple of servers. Some more active then others i may admit, this sounds like a win change for me! :-D Gonna be alot more tempting to use all my chars now!