Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted
    What's the point in his other than devaluing the grind?

This isn't about casual vs hardcore or anything retarded like that. Grinding rep is a nice enjoyable, steady activity that everyone can do and they're going on step further into making it into an IWIN Button situation.

Fuck Blizzard, and just as I was seeing hope with Mists.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Who exactly is this change for? It's like people actually WANT to hurry up and be tired of the game.
    Is gaining rep the whole game?

I think people want to hurry up with rep and play the rest of the game. That doesn't sound bad, does it?
    I like the change... it takes too long now to get the rep and I wasn't planning on doing it on alts, because it takes too much time to enjoy other things ingame.

Deleted
    So to put it simple they reduced the amount of effort (reputation) needed from 0/21000 exalted by half at any time?

Quote Originally Posted by Garrikk View Post
    It honestly makes no sense to me, it's like Blizz is trying to get around saying hey we cut the rep grind in half because people complained.
    They cut it in half for alts.... so a player did the grind once at original speed (which is quite slow). The second one can do the same grind.... just for half of the time; so the grind is still there.
    This change is actually quite good.

The only thing I can't understand is why after revered the rep-gain is doubled??????

I dont really see the big problem here. Some old factions are really to much of a grind compaired to others. I understand you feel you are being stolen from if you just completed silverwing sentinals, but that used to be by simple with the tokens. Some factions really deserve the double rep (silverwing sentinals, hydroxian waterlord, steemwheadle cartel, bloodsail buccanears,ravenholdt etc) and some perhaps dont, like the new factions or the ones that will become very easy now.

I'm really happy my alts will gain faster rep, doing dailies just as much on you alt as your main never felt right. Plus all older factions are much 'harder' to get rep with now, if you havent done them. You dont (not 100% sure) get rep from wearing Cata tabards in MoP dungeons, so you either have to do dailies, or solo dungeons. Now, you still have to do that, but less.

Most recent Reputations are made to buy specific gear at the beginning of a patch or expansion. So making them more of a grind after they become useless is stupid anyways.

All in all, it is just gonna be less of a grind. Reputation has always been easy mode, it just took up a lot of time.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's lame.

Hopefully tehy keep the first rep a nightmare then, looong, or else it's even pointless to go for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Thank you blizzard! Now make all 85-89 characters gain dubble exp once you have a level 90 character on that realm and i'll be happy

So if i remember rightly (been months since i left WoW) its takes 3k rep to get Friendly, it takes a further 6k rep to hit Honored. Then its 12k rep to hit revered, and now its then only 10.5k rep to hit exalted (21000 halved due to double rep gain).

It now takes longer to get from honored to revered than it does for revered to exalted?

Mind boggles at the stupidity of this latest genius idea from Blizzard to cater to those entitled lazy players who don't want to actually earn anything in game anymore. They obviously made a stupid error in their design setup of reputation grinds for the expansion and are now having to try and appease the masses (also known as the whining minority), by a kneejerk hotfix, which pretty much invalidates the whole point of the reputation grind in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Who exactly is this change for? It's like people actually WANT to hurry up and be tired of the game.
    It's for people that have a multitude of alts. Its all very well for someone with around 2-3 alts to say they don't mind having to do that grind (and I'm not saying that is you - I have no idea how many alts you have nor do I really care). Personally I have 17 lvl 85+ toons and will be levelling 2 or 3 more during mists (two accounts, play both factions on two servers). I really enjoy levelling multiple characters, and I even don't mind doing the same quests on many characters. What I don't really look forward to however is grinding rep on all those characters. I grind rep on my achievement characters but grinding rep over and over again for weeks at a time for 17+ characters is just boring. Call me lazy if you like, but in my view this is a game and I play it for fun. Grinding is never "fun" for very long - its a needed chore. I do my work when I am at work... I play games to relax and take a break from work. Grinding rep on 17+ characters is work.

Just my point of view - not saying anyone should share it (although I suspect a lot will - although maybe not many posting here will)

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 10:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    Yay, let's cater more to the generation touched by the Sha of Entitlement. It's like you people WANT to run out of stuff to do so you can complain about how boring the game is.
    Just my opinion but repeatedly grinding rep over and over isn't what I would call "stuff to do".. Well it IS stuff to do in the same way that doing laundry is stuff to do. It isn't "fun" stuff to do however. The other problem is that if rep grind is slow what will happen is people will just not bother to grind rep AT ALL - but just make do with stuff from heroics/crafted because its quicker. Also once the next content comes out the VP items will move to JP and people can get them without rep - so after the next patch rep becomes rather meaningless (apart from mounts and achievements)

I wish they would do pvp fixes this fast...

It is nice, because you don really get anything gearwise wen you reach exalted in panderia reps

Deleted
    Here's a simplified break down:
    •Any single character earns Revered reputation with a faction
    •All other characters on the Battle.net account begin to earn double reputation for that one same faction
    •The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted
    •???
    •Profit

Someone better explain him what profit means.
    We didnt feel people spend enough time in Orgrimmar in Cataclysm so we reduced your work load by half, see you soon afk at Orgrimmar

10+ Year Old Account
    2x Speed for alts. Okay.
    Double speed for Revered -> Exalted. So terrible.

Get some brains, and remove Blizzard. Cheers.

Like seriously.
    Glad I never tried for Insane. Now that's easymode.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I honestly can't believe that people are crying over this...do you REALLY have so much free time on your hands that you are happy with grinding the same factions for over 1 month on all your toons? I'd say that for anyone wanting their alts into raids as well (proper raiding, not LFR) this is a very welcome change.

Honestly...you just complain to complain at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I think people want to hurry up with rep and play the rest of the game. That doesn't sound bad, does it?
    *Exactly!*

1.) Blizzard are smart enough to recognise that people play WoW for more reasons than grinding rep == this allows us to get on with the rest of the game. Sheesh, what a bunch of whiners; it's not like they are nerfing end game.

2.) Also, Blizzard are trending differently with 'Revered > Exalted' rewards; the Exalted rewards from MoP factions --with the exception of Klaxxi --are moreover aesthetic or fun [than Cataclysm] == this buff really doesn't effect your progression within WoW, it just frees your time for more meaningful things!

TLR --Exalted MoP rewards are more cosmetic than before; Blizz want us spending our time elsewhere: not compelled to grinding rep [as per Cataclysm].

Deleted
    my take on the subject....
    ive played a shammy on & off since pretty much the begining of tbc (a priest during vanilla) & not for one minute do i mind questing, but i hate the fact blizzard MAKE me do the dailies for rep. i hate doing the same old quests day after day after day just to gain rep. its bs. the tabbard system was a lot better imo, as you can spend your time getting gear for lfr, guild raids & getting rep at the same time. i dont want to spend half of my gametime doing the same old shit & then trying to get a few hc`s in with no guarantee of any drops
    Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2012-10-05 at 10:59 AM.

JUSTICAR here i come

I like the change to alts gaining rep faster if your are revered with your main, but what the hell is up with the nerf to exalted with 50%?
    That was a really bad change if I'm understanding it right. I guess that includes old factions such as Defilers etc, which means we will see a lot more Conquerors and Defiler tabards.... Bad change.

by the time that patch hits i am probably exalted with all MoP factions currently available anyway, though i suppose it makes grinding rep on alts alot faster ( i won't say easier since completing dailies is hardly something to consider a challenge)

Deleted
    I don't mind this. There is nothing hard about dalies, so it's making nothing easier. Dalies aren't fun, so the less I have to do them, the better.