Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Oh I expect they'll continue to be sold for transmog purposes, they'll just drop the DPS on the healer staff by 50%. As they should, because otherwise fistweavers have no upgrades in T14 at all.

It's quite a large loss of spellpower/spirit (going from a 463 to the Cranedancer's Staff). However it is a gain of about 1.3k damage per Jab and about 2.5k damage per Blackout Kick unbuffed on a 93 dummy. Which will scale up a lot higher with raid buffs and debuffs. I'd say it's an equal trade off when you consider the loss of around 800 spellpower, 100 int and 400 spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    It's quite a large loss of spellpower/spirit (going from a 463 to the Cranedancer's Staff). However it is a gain of about 1.3k damage per Jab and about 2.5k damage per Blackout Kick unbuffed on a 93 dummy. Which will scale up a lot higher with raid buffs and debuffs. I'd say it's an equal trade off when you consider the loss of around 800 spellpower, 100 int and 400 spirit.
    I finally managed to get my hands on the healer staff from Siege of the Niuzao Temple just to notice this. Compared to the staff you get from the monk quests (Cranedancer's Staff) all offensive abilities hit for like 20% less damage now which sucks since I usually rely on Eminence to heal through heroics. Is there any official word on this matter and if it's going to be addressed? (i.e. bump weapon dps on caster items to bring it on par with non caster stuff).