Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Maine Republican party launches attack ad against candidate for playing WOW

Here is the printing proof of the mailer that they're sending to everyone in her district pulling quotes from her guild's page from 2005-2009.

http://imgur.com/a/8Rx6f

And the blog for the guild she founded

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/1...E-State-Senate

It's tiring when your hobby seems to be constantly misunderstood and villainized.

Edit: Some media coverage:

Bangor Daily News

Huffington Post

NBC News

The Escapist

Kotaku
    Last edited by texaport; 2012-10-04 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Added media coverage

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how dps = deaths per second
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

lol - I live in Maine. I'm gonna vote for her now

Who knew DPS stood for Deaths Per Second?

Deleted
    That ad looks like it was put together using MSpaint

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no words.

I'd imagine someone (guildie?) made a buck or two by selling her out.

Edit: Nevermind, her guild posted about it. Heh, well, she had to know something like this would happen.
    Last edited by Moxal; 2012-10-04 at 07:50 PM.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    As the Reddit thread pointed out, she plays a rogue, so that may very well be true.

Damn. This might not make me vote for her if I lived in Maine. But it sure as hell would make me NOT vote for her opponent. WTF does this have to do with ANYTHING relevant to a real election?!?!
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

... man, and I thought Romney's ass-covering attempts after the "47%" leaks were pathetic politics. This trumps that by miles.

Seriously, who the HELL cares what she does in her off-time? I like playing Mario games - does that mean if I run for office I'll have pro-turtle lobbyists on my ass? If she played a paladin, would they praise her for her sense of duty and religious devotion?

If her playing an orc rogue is the worst dirt her opponents can dig up, then she's got this election nailed down.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    hahahahahaha. That's priceless. Who gives a shit really. if you don't live in that district, it doesn't matter in the end.

Deleted
    What a low blow xD

She's awesome If I could vote, she'd have mine!

hahahahaha i'm laughing at this, yikes some people need to get some air(the reps) do note, i'm not even American. xD
    if i was i could vote, she would have my vote.

While the ad is fairly ridiculous, I think this lady has some issues. "I can kill stuff without going to jail!" Why would you even say that? Grow a brain, especially if she typed that out somewhere online.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    While the ad is fairly ridiculous, I think this lady has some issues. "I can kill stuff without going to jail!" Why would you even say that? Grow a brain, especially if she typed that out somewhere online.
    Context? joke? Could be any number of reasons. Why does it matter that she said that in a game?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess politicians are not supposed to have free time? If her opponent is this desperate she must be getting doing very well.

Deleted
    True. I was a bit puzzled by that too. But issues? Nah

this type of stuff is when i lose all respect for ANYONE who thinks politics is something you should care about as an average citizen. it's people with money and privilege who never got past the terrible twos. every election is who can bash the other the most. it's pathetic

Maybe she has a sense of humour?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    This is certainly news to me.

I know that if I lived in Maine my vote would certainly go for her I thought we were past the villianization (???) of games and gamers.

Edit: 1000th post xD

haha, this is to fucking awesome.

DEATHS PER SECOUND DDD

/BEST THREAD INN A WHILE, I needet that!
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO