Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Who knew DPS stood for Deaths Per Second?
    you learn something new everyday
    Last edited by Arbs; 2012-10-05 at 05:01 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by daftone View Post
    Exactly. obamas a muslim. What does that have to do with him being able to do his job as president. Nothing. His failure as president has nothing to do with his religion.
    Yup just like how Romney is part of the Illuminati and plans on re-invading the middle east to complete fellow Illuminati member and New world order member, Bush's plan of recovering a piece of Christ's cross and take over the world.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

I am a conservative(note - does not automatically mean Republican), and even I find that retarded.

Then again, she does play Horde so they do have a point...

I play video games and am a registered Republican and if it wasn't for me sucking at public speaking I'd run for public office.

Quote Originally Posted by daftone View Post
    Exactly. obamas a muslim. What does that have to do with him being able to do his job as president. Nothing. His failure as president has nothing to do with his religion.

Actually, 0bama is a liberal... that is a far, far, worse form of religion.

What the fuck is wrong with republicans these days.

What the fuck is wrong with this country these days? I'm moving to Canada.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Wow that is pathetic, but even in a lot of work places people frown on you if you a wow player, granted it's become a lot more acceptable now as online gaming becomes more mainstream, but she must be a good person if this is the worst thing she does. So I would vote for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still have to wonder how many people are going to not vote for her just because she plays Horde.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    While the ad is fairly ridiculous, I think this lady has some issues. "I can kill stuff without going to jail!" Why would you even say that? Grow a brain, especially if she typed that out somewhere online.
    I guess you would consider all Polish men chauvinists because we have a saying "You're not allowed to hit a girl even with a flower, pot however is ok".
    Seriously... loosen up!

He must be an Alliance Player..

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 05:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    I still have to wonder how many people are going to not vote for her just because she plays Horde.
    This^ This this this this this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Wouldn't her playing as Horde mean that she's get more votes than if she played Alliance?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell, if anything I think playing WoW (or any MMORPG) is a BENEFIT and should be a welcome addition to someone's resume. People need to look to the future. Video games (especially massively multiplayer ones) really do teach real world skills. If you are a GM of a successful raiding guild. . .that should mean something outside of game. It means you know how to work well in a fast paced team environment. It means you know how to handle issues and work with any type of person. This is just one example. Seriously, anyone who plays wow has learned some very valuable real world skills.

LoL this is so dumb!! She spec'd assasination as a 68 rogue!!! Everyone knows combat was the spec with double mace stun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was so hoping that this was a troll thread. But it's real. It's... freaking real.

Man. Somewhere in wherever people go when they pass away, the Founding Fathers are choking on their tea. I mean if they wanted to present the information and the context of what she said, that's one thing. But that flyer... oh boy. What a mess.

Not to mention anyone with a day's training in Photoshop could had made that look better.

I mean political standings aside, why would you put THAT out? But hey, maybe video games aren't popular in Maine. If they're not, then this might make a bit more sense. I mean I hope somewhere this makes more sense. Sheesh.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Santiaga was one of the founders of our guild and a driving force in getting us levelled and geared and into raiding. I was a complete WoW noob when I joined the guild - I still remember her taking the time to explain to me how to download my first addon from Curse, and why spending some time at the training dummies was a good thing. She is very patient, and very willing to experiment with her spec and try something different.

She more or less dropped out when she decided to run for office; doing a good job at that takes all your spare time and then some. She sent the occasional message to our guild website telling us how she was doing or asking for phonebanking help.

Garrosh is a PvE server, and Santi was mostly a PvE rogue. I was maining mage at the time; we used to have a joke that it wasn't really a raid until the mage or the rogue had died. When one of us hit the floor it was "rogue dead, take a drink!" and I'd respond, "Why didn't you blink out of that?". She'd counter with a dazzling performance in the next pull, and I would probably die five more times to her one.

I do miss raiding with her. She came back for a quick visit on a rainy afternoon last month, and a few folks went into ToC and stomped on the Beasts together for old times' sake. She has a great laugh and a great heart.

She will be an excellent Senator; she knows the real needs of the people in her district well and she knows how to get public and private entities to work together to get things done. Maine could do a lot worse than to elect her.

If she was a level 90 rogue with MSV cleared and Gold Challenge Modes under her belt, then yes there might be a problem with her running for Senator.
    But she's a level 68 rogue, clearly its just a passive hobby.

Deleted
    American politics always makes me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Actually, 0bama is a liberal... that is a far, far, worse form of religion.
    Still better than being a complete dumbass, though.

On the other hand, as it looks now, the US is f-ed no matter what, so you only get to choose the figurehead of the sinking ship.

Well it is a way to see how wow is perceived!

We're players of wow, so we look at it differently:
    1. DPS = deaths per second?????
    2. Who cares
    etc etc etc

BUT we're also part of the world outside wow, real life. So we have to deal with it.
    I find it concerning that playing wow is perceived negatively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that is serious bull. Especially considering how poorly this smear campaign is put together.

But on another note: I think I would not vote for her after seeing this - OBVIOUSLY not because of the WoW thing, but because of the things she said that tie into this - you know, like the stabbing-without-going-to-jail-thing. Don't get me wrong, every word of it is true, but how stoned do you have to be to run for an office and not expect quotes like these to seriously bite you in the rear? ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There's this concept called "fun." I know it's foreign to most of the people on this forum, but perhaps you should look into it; there's a school of thought that suggests it's integral to why people play games.