Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    We've killed Elegon heroic and progressing on H Garajal at the moment. Garajal is extremely dps intensive on 10man and requires near perfect execution. Elegon is miles easier.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 09:05 AM ----------

As I make that post we wipe at 2.7%.. bitch of a boss.
    Well, that's fairly interesting as we were killing heroics in a linear manner at the moment. How many days took you to down Elegon? (because I understand that wowprogress it's not to be trusted, since you were working on Gara'jal before going to Elegon?)

Since several of you are calling it easier, I may try to suggest changing the order on our guild and go with Elegon now.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2012-10-26 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Well, that's fairly interesting as we were killing heroics in a linear manner at the moment. How many days took you to down Elegon? (because I understand that wowprogress it's not to be trusted, since you were working on Gara'jal before going to Elegon?)

Since several of you are calling it easier, I may try to suggest changing the order on our guild and go with Elegon now.
    we killed garajal and this week spent tues/wednesday progressing on spirit kings before deciding to go to elegon instead(getting mostly to 2nd emperor, sometimes 3rd). within 20 attempts we had acouple wipes at 6%. and that was mostly our faults(didnt kill orb in time etc). garajal took us about 120 wipes before we got it.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    Will of the emperor normal, what are the requirements for 2 healing it?

Is it possible (I mean, does anyone really tried it out) to do the LFR thing on dogs - stack em at each other and just cleave? Of course, after setting them on differend stages of energy, like 0, 33, 66%.

Im asking, because before our first kill we managed to get dogs really low - to like 10% - with this going on. We got them stacked after our 2nd tank died at about 50%. So, anyone actually did this boss that way?

Quote Originally Posted by jetpippo View Post
    Will of the emperor normal, what are the requirements for 2 healing it?
    requirements? as in healing needed? depends on your tanks, iv finished the fight doing 34k HPS and 45k HPS

Casual team raid leader here. Okay, so we're on normal Gara'jal 10 (we haven't had much time to progress with raid absences and such, a lot of bad luck in my team right now), we haven't gotten much time to work on him at all but I did notice that at the 3 minute mark, my raid (which had no problems getting Stone Guard and Feng down in time) had Gara'jal down to 65-70%. With a six minute enrage timer, we'd never make it in time.

Currently what we were doing was sending the teams of two DPS and a healer into the spirit realm and they'd try to squeeze out as much of the Spirit World as they could. Healers were topping everyone off and trying to stack as much of a buff as possible on the two DPS and themselves, and the DPS killed as many adds as possible within the given 30 seconds.

What I'm considering is having this done instead:
    Healer gets in, tops everybody off, and heals to max their mana. Then promptly leaves.
    DPS go in, get the adds down to a manageable level while getting buffed by the healer, then leave when the number of adds is lower than a certain number.

Is this plan of action better? And, if so, what number of adds should we bring it down to?

Quote Originally Posted by gerhard2202 View Post
    Casual team raid leader here. Okay, so we're on normal Gara'jal 10 (we haven't had much time to progress with raid absences and such, a lot of bad luck in my team right now), we haven't gotten much time to work on him at all but I did notice that at the 3 minute mark, my raid (which had no problems getting Stone Guard and Feng down in time) had Gara'jal down to 65-70%. With a six minute enrage timer, we'd never make it in time.

Currently what we were doing was sending the teams of two DPS and a healer into the spirit realm and they'd try to squeeze out as much of the Spirit World as they could. Healers were topping everyone off and trying to stack as much of a buff as possible on the two DPS and themselves, and the DPS killed as many adds as possible within the given 30 seconds.

Healer gets in, tops everybody off, and heals to max their mana. Then promptly leaves.
    DPS go in, get the adds down to a manageable level while getting buffed by the healer, then leave when the number of adds is lower than a certain number.

Is this plan of action better? And, if so, what number of adds should we bring it down to?
    We were having trouble balancing this the first time we killed the boss as well. What we ended up doing was making a priority queue of dps who would be going down.... with the first two a boomkin and shadow priest. While the healer heals them up, they both DoT up all of the mobs, and then one of the players is designated as immediately going back up as soon as he's healed to full. This gives him some buff, kills the adds, but gets him back on the boss as soon as possible.

We tried something similar to leaving adds up intentionally and the damage was usually unbearable for the healers after a while. Our setup was a disc priest (me) with a druid. I consider both of us to be highly top-end healers.

So to sum up what worked for us: make a priority queue for DPS, starting with DoT classes in your raid. Send two down, but one comes back up as soon as possible to DPS the boss while the healer and the other DPS stay down stacking buffs.

Our guild sends 2 dps down and a healer. The healer only stacks enough heals on himself to top off his mana and spams both dps. MAKE sure that dps are popping cooldowns right after they come out of the realm. And don't send a member down consecutively. Don't forget the final 20-25 is when you ignore spirit totems so dps increases there on the boss. Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    Did about 30 attempts on H Gara'jal last night, don't know if were getting anywhere. Our best attempt was 20% enrage, so that's quite a lot to make up...

We're lusting off the pull, HotW Resto + Disc DEEPS the boss in additon to rest of the raid, getting him to about 80% before first totem. Sending 2 dps + 1 heal every totem, stacking SI to 20+ stacks, etc. but DPS just doesn't seem there. Here's our comp:

Tanks: Prot Pally + Brewmaster
    DPS: Fire mage, Affi Lock x2, Boomkin, S.Priest
    Heals: Holy Pally, Disc Priest (.5), Resto Druid

Damage seems really high too, dunno what it is, don't know if we could drop to two heals, people are sometimes getting nearly globaled by adds + dolls. Any and all suggestions would be helpful!
    We get him to ~75% as hero ran out and our best attempt was 2.7%
    In reality our dps just need to be better.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 09:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    So tried spiritbinder last night for a full night... Not that exciting for a tank imo but meh.

One problem we had when we two healed it we had to send our shadowpriest in to heal the shadowrealm every now or then... He quickly started complaining about running OOM.. Is there anything special offspec healers do to manage this or is everyone running with a Disc priest running in DPS gear to overcome this?
    Not sure why you can't just send a healer in rather than your spriest?
    If you're 2 or 3 healing, it doesn't matter, sending a healer in is crucial because of the mana return they get.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 09:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maefor View Post
    We started progression on Heroic Elegon tonight. Our biggest struggle is usually mechanics overall, which is what I'm concerned about, since it takes us more than normal to find a strategy and adapt it to our playstyle.

With that in mind, I've got a couple of random questions, since I haven't found more information elsewhere:

1. I've seen some 2 heal, and 3 heal strategies. We are currently 2 healing it, but due to comp changes one of them just switched, and is behind the gearing curve, plus learning to play a new class sets it back a little bit more. Including the 12% nerf, is 3 heal a viable strategy, without having stellar DPS? I worry about learning the fight with 3 healers, only to fail at the DPS checks and having to readjust for 2 healers.

2. After the 12.5% health nerf, think we could go with 4 and 4 sparks? Our comp has a lot of DoT classes, and we struggle making a 5th reliably (on normal, on heroic it'll be slightly worse)
    We 2healed. If you have god tier DPS, try 3healing.

We had 6 stack - 5 stack. This worked around our dps allowing us to get 4 protectors in the second phase 1, and burn the boss in about 30 seconds in the final phase

Instead of zerging the boss after we knew we'd let a wave through, we decided to change up the plan and dpsed the pillars the instant they became attackable.

This lead to a faster, more flowing fight and gave us less adds in the transition, which were the cause of a good 30% of the wipes.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 10:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post

The dps requirements for elegon can be met extremely easily, the fight overall is just a walk in the park compared to Gara'jal's dps check
    We beat the enrage on elegon by almost a minute.
    We're wiping at 10% on Gara'jal most attempts to the enrage.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 10:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Is it possible (I mean, does anyone really tried it out) to do the LFR thing on dogs - stack em at each other and just cleave? Of course, after setting them on differend stages of energy, like 0, 33, 66%.

Im asking, because before our first kill we managed to get dogs really low - to like 10% - with this going on. We got them stacked after our 2nd tank died at about 50%. So, anyone actually did this boss that way?
    It's been done on normal mode, yes. Most of the high ranking logs do that and just cleavestorm through all 3 dogs rotating raid cds.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 10:05 PM ----------

We sent down a healer and 2 dps, the healer bomb heals one of the dps to ~20 stacks then bomb heals the other dps to as many stacks as he can before leaving.

If you send down a multidot class, bomb heal the OTHER dps first, they can leave earlier and the multidotter can just destroy the adds inside while you're utilizing the other dps's dps on the boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    Gara'jal heroic down.. brb going to a psychiatrist.

Few quick things:
    2 Healed (Pally + Disc Priest)
    Tanks: 483 Prot warrior (me) 466 Prot Paladin
    Boomkin, Mage, Hunter, Ele shaman, Spriest, Frost DK

Beat enrage by 11 seconds.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Gara'jal heroic down.. brb going to a psychiatrist.

Few quick things:
    2 Healed (Pally + Disc Priest)
    Tanks: 483 Prot warrior (me) 466 Prot Paladin
    Boomkin, Mage, Hunter, Ele shaman, Spriest, Frost DK

Beat enrage by 11 seconds.
    To come back to your comment as to why we are not sending in a healer... is because we cant... One has voodoo dolls the other frail soul... How do you handle this? Wait untill the frailsoul runs out? Or all your healers top people off, leave a hot and exit the shadow realm?

Seriously curious about this since the plan atm is to bring a smiter tonight as the 3rd healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    To come back to your comment as to why we are not sending in a healer... is because we cant... One has voodoo dolls the other frail soul... How do you handle this? Wait untill the frailsoul runs out? Or all your healers top people off, leave a hot and exit the shadow realm?

Seriously curious about this since the plan atm is to bring a smiter tonight as the 3rd healer.
    Having dps come out of the spirit realm before banishment means they will get the voodoo dolls rather than the healer (I don't know too much of how it works, I just asked our pally healer and that's what he said)

As long as you have basically everyone outside when he applies voodoo dolls, it wont go on a healer. At least that's how i'm interpreting what he's saying.

He called every single totem, so he knows more about it than I do.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Having dps come out of the spirit realm before banishment means they will get the voodoo dolls rather than the healer (I don't know too much of how it works, I just asked our pally healer and that's what he said)

As long as you have basically everyone outside when he applies voodoo dolls, it wont go on a healer. At least that's how i'm interpreting what he's saying.

He called every single totem, so he knows more about it than I do.
    Wait... that sounds kinda.... an important mechanic... and also unlikely since the first time we have voodoo dolls it always picks one dps and one healer... (No one in the realm at this time).

I could forsee you beeing able to get lucky/unlucky and also by leaving the shadow realm early you can make sure both the healers don't have frailsoul stuff but the scenario you described sounds very sketchy...

Could you ask your paladin healer person to eleborate?

Deleted
    Hello, I was curious if you could soak the add explosion on Elegon heroic with Divine Shield (paladin) or ice block (mages)
    I am struggling to find any info on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzaree View Post
    Hello, I was curious if you could soak the add explosion on Elegon heroic with Divine Shield (paladin) or ice block (mages)
    I am struggling to find any info on that.
    Hiya

You sure can!

We use 2 paladins bubbling for our kills

---------- Post added 2012-10-28 at 06:42 PM ----------

Wait... that sounds kinda.... an important mechanic... and also unlikely since the first time we have voodoo dolls it always picks one dps and one healer... (No one in the realm at this time).

I could forsee you beeing able to get lucky/unlucky and also by leaving the shadow realm early you can make sure both the healers don't have frailsoul stuff but the scenario you described sounds very sketchy...

Could you ask your paladin healer person to eleborate?
    Oh trust me, It was rediculously sketchy. The amount of times that I saw Voodoo Dolls on a healer with 9% mana made me want to shoot myself, but it somehow works and the boss is dead.

The first dolls will always be on a healer, 100% downright guaranteed

---------- Post added 2012-10-28 at 08:24 PM ----------

To clarify, 2healing is extremely RNG dependant, but 3healing is much more dps reliant.

If you have the dps to kill the boss (~75% or less as heroism runs out) with 3 healers, I would strongly suggest doing so, it's a hell of a lot less frustrating than 2healing.

I wouldn't suggest 2healing unless your dps is on the low side. It's much easier with 3.
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    2/6N hof down, hitting up garalon now. questions welcome
    Raxxykins

2/6N hof down, hitting up garalon now. questions welcome
    Good luck! that fight looks intense. I love raiding weekends but right about now I really wish I could be in the fight. Time to finish gearing one of my alts!

Deleted
    We're still struggling on Elegon normal, yesterday's logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/modsdgv7s35r8ypc/ and day before yesterday's logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/pd6zzazzduizrnhv/

Few things we're struggling on,

Healers are having to heal ALOT when the protector is <25% is this because people aren't resetting their stacks? This usually results in someone dieing because they weren't topped off before it explodes.

After we get to phase 2, we sometimes only manage 3 stacks is this an issue?

After we make it to phase 3, we get all barriers to 20% then kill them all at same time (to stop too many adds), when they all die we still get a lot of adds. A lot for tanks to pickup and a DPS or healer usually dies because they have aggro on one.

On second phase 1, when protector spawns tank takes it out as usual etc. but then tank on boss gets killed from breath and melee because his stacks are really high, what should we do here?

Healers are healing a lot during phase 2, is it because people aren't resetting their stacks or is there literally 250k+ damage overall here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Garalon down - 23 seconds ahead of enrage.

2 tank 2 heal

questions welcome
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    I've a question about the first boss (yes we're this noob ah ah )

I do not understand if me and my other tank friend did not seem to get the switches right or at some point we have to eat a 250k explosion from one of the dogs.
    We tried to switch at 25% 50% and 75% but at some point something seems to go wrong and we're getting wrong dogs exploding in cascade.

I'm sure it is only a matter of practice but at the end I was a lil bit frustrated