Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerai View Post
    Our logs are trending higher compared to many WoL kills for the first half of the fight, I'm guessing we can kill with 4-4 then with execution in that case. Just need to live that long :P

Thanks for the insight!
    If you actually kill 4 stacks of add's boss will have 5 stacks of debuff since he gets a stack every time the adds spawn, not die So that will be 10 stacks of debuff total and is perfectly fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    You can obviously prepare your raiders to be ready, the dolls hapen on the "Banish" of the tank. As the raidleader i tend to announce that Banish & Spirit totem line up (are closer then 5-10 seconds) together.

This way the healer which wasn't assigned to go in can adept, other then that it is RNG and should be handeld by simply reacting right.

As for the elegon question (i know, i am not the one to speak since i haven't even killed it yet :x) but imo if you pick the right positioning (the one where you jump to reset the stack) the DPS loss should be minimal, especially when you can use instantcasts while jumping for joy.

This said we've had one night of lovely wipes so far and only even touched the burn phase once so my opinion on this matter should not be taken as an authority (it is however how we intend to go into the burnphase when getting back at it tonight).

As for handling sparks i'm struggling with that some myself so i won't comment

As for the first part, yes, I agree. If there is a banishment in ~7 seconds - you're not going to call a team to go in - Voodoo dolls will go on 3 different targets and could easily screw you over. It's controllable to a point, providing you keep an eye on the banishment timer.

For your second part, I'm going to have to disagree. The phase should only last ~40 seconds providing you've applied enough debuffs and done enough damage. In the time it takes you to kill the boss in the final phase, providing your healers are on par, or better, you shouldn't come close to dying. Obviously cycling raid cooldowns is a good choice also.

If it takes you longer than ~40 seconds in P3 - you're going to die regardless of resetting stacks. Your healers WILL be oom and you will be out of raid cooldowns / tank cooldowns.

Maximizing dps and shortening the phase by as much as possible is the key to success in that part of the fight.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    So the buff increases with every heal cast on the DPS, and not with the amount of healing? So just spamming the fastest heal would get the most stacks?
    Yeap. A lot of our wipes were due to us still using Beta knowledge, of where it was the size of the heal. We were LoH'ing our fire mage and getting him out asap - expecting him to explode the dps meters and us to laugh our way to victory.

But now it's just the frequency, not the potency.

The more heals, the more stacks.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PAlsi View Post
    Here's our best attempt, and our last one for the night - anything other than too much damage near the end? Any tips? http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-a9...=11595&e=12164

on elegon sorry
    Your dps seems very good except for your ele shaman ret pally and rogue. Their dps seems sub par.
    How many stacks did you have? i'm surprised to see the boss didn't fall over during your Heroism?

Ensure you're getting AT LEAST 8 stacks - 10 is preferential.

Also, work on getting your ele shammy/rogue/ret pally's dps up. From what I can see - they're what's holding you back.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Raxxed--are you starting with heroic Stone gaurd or are Feng?
    We are recruiting!
    Full Spectrum - Alleria
    www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Skilled Players with Work and Families
    WoW Insider Interview

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    hey rax, we're going to be attempting elegon tonight. I've seen some strategies where you want to pop hero possibly during the 2nd transition phase to get 5-6 waves, if the grp dps is low. Here's our logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/219913/ Do you think our group dps is good enough to just go with 3 waves and pop hero at sub 50%? Also, what would be a good point to be at going into the last phase health-wise, about 40%?
    Straight up - your tanks need to improve their dps. There's huge room for improvement. Every little bit of dps counts.

The rest of your groups dps seems good - your group appears capeable of elegon providing your tanks pick their dps up.

I'd strongly suggest not wasting hero in a spark phase. Hero helps the healers in P3.

Try 4 stack, 4 stack with your group - if you can't beat the enrage, try 5 stack, 5 stack.

Kinda hard to judge without any Elegon logs :s

We entered Phase3 with approx 33% health. Having done 5stack -> burn until pillars, 5stack -> burn until pillars.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 09:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I'm my guilds Main Tank, however as monk stamina isn't exactly high on the priority.

The question is: How much health should I have as our main tank? How much should I aim for? Any insta-gib like mechanics that I need more health to work around? Thanks.
    Breaths on Elegon comming straight after an overload, whilst you have ~10 stacks will result in an unimaginable amount of damage.
    I have approx 570k hp raid buffed, not including the Shaman health buff - and I still get shat on when that happens. I survive, but I need to blow a cooldown - and even then my health gets REALLY low. If you're smart though and not just brute forcing your way through the raid - you could easily do it with less health.

I'd be happy with 480k unbuffed. More than enough.

Also, Will of the Emperor bosses hit like nothing you've ever seen before.

I died on our first kill - copped a melee hit for 230k - WITHOUT the armor debuff.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 09:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oatz View Post
    Raxxed--are you starting with heroic Stone gaurd or are Feng?
    Why hello there.

Considering we're Oceanic and obviously get screwed by the times of the servers going up etc etc, 'normal' guilds will have been raiding for almost 15 hours before we raid for the first time. Offtopic - I fucking hate this. Ontopic - We'll be looking to see what other guilds have done. I'm 100% sure that a handful of guilds will have 1-2/6H by the time we raid.

If not, though - we'll probably be going Stone guards > Feng
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-10-08 at 09:53 PM.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Your dps seems very good except for your ele shaman ret pally and rogue. Their dps seems sub par.
    How many stacks did you have? i'm surprised to see the boss didn't fall over during your Heroism?

Ensure you're getting AT LEAST 8 stacks - 10 is preferential.

Also, work on getting your ele shammy/rogue/ret pally's dps up. From what I can see - they're what's holding you back.
    Uh, we had either 8 or 9 stacks that time. Our ele shaman died at the start of the phase, do you think we could've killed it if she had lived?

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, we had either 8 or 9 stacks that time. Our ele shaman died at the start of the phase, do you think we could've killed it if she had lived?
    If your Shaman, pally and rogue all did a more acceptable level of dps - yes.

I doubt the shaman alone would have carried the other two if she had lived.

What % was the wipe?
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    It was at 5% /cry
    Well then you could have easily killed it if your shaman didn't die.

Still wouldn't hurt to have your ret + rogue pulling more numbers!
    Raxxykins

Palsi - The main outstanding thing you should take from your log and be telling to your dps is that they are terrible at energy charge damage and really need to up their game.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11595&e=12164

Your tanks are 2nd and 3rd on charge damage This is very very bad - assign each of your 6 dps to one specific charge and try to get down 4-5 waves. Save their personal CDs for this phase as it is the most important part of the fight. Each round of charges dying = +70K raid dps so tell them to stop hitting the boss to increase their personal dps by a few K and rather burn the charges like no tomorrow and you'll easily be able to get a kill. Your mage, shaman and hunter should be doing double what they are now to the charges.

Deleted
    For your second part, I'm going to have to disagree. The phase should only last ~40 seconds providing you've applied enough debuffs and done enough damage. In the time it takes you to kill the boss in the final phase, providing your healers are on par, or better, you shouldn't come close to dying. Obviously cycling raid cooldowns is a good choice also.
    My healers disagreed aswell and actually killed it with the stackup and heal tactic during the burn phase last night (went 5 stacks -> 5 stacks). I love this fight to be honest, only annoying thing is picking up those adds that spawn all over but hit to hard to all tank so you need to "semi" kite them. I'm in love with my "taunt totem" for that phase though... <3<3

Biggest problem during that fight in the end was the control over those adds and transitioning from killing pillars/kiting to getting back to killing stuff. It's dead now but i'm curious how you handle that Raxxed, how do you pickup those adds when they spawn pretty far away and start chasing someone... (I told my dps/healers to get further away from the "puddles" so that those adds have time to change target and what not.) I ended up grabbing around 4-5 of em, running to the raidstack spot and putting down the "taunt totem" while spamming piercing howl, when i noticed shit get lose i Leap over the big pack pick up the few lose ones and continue but i have to admit there are asually 1-2 that get a few hits off on raidmembers It's controlled, but not perfectly and i want perfection!

I've got three questions on Elegon (did not kill him due to stupid faults of different people):

- how to manage the transition from second P3 to last P1 (stupid adds won't go down as fast as we want)?
    - how ofter does Radiating Energies tick? wowhead tells it ticks every two seconds when inside the vortex but we took damage nearly every 0.4 seconds
    - when is overload removed from the boss? I think the second question comes in hand with that one...

Thanks a lot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    - how to manage the transition from second P3 to last P1 (stupid adds won't go down as fast as we want)?
    We basically grouped up with the adds, then ass SOON as the "floor" came back and elegon was targetable everyone except me (the tank kiting/tanking the adds) would stay near the edge of the circle while DPS would AOE the last ones down. When i had 1/3 adds remaining i'd reset my stack and take over the boss from the other tank. We had adds up for around 5 seconds while the shield was up and the pew pew arcane lightning was swirling around the edge, it's not a big deal since the tanks shouldn't be getting hit/hit only by 1/2 adds every now and again (i know i wasn't).

- how ofter does Radiating Energies tick? wowhead tells it ticks every two seconds when inside the vortex but we took damage nearly every 0.4 seconds
    Overload increases the cast speed by 20% so during the Overload phase he hurts, simple as that just check our logs and we had 6 stacks over overload (not sure what stacks are based on) meaning he gets 120% cast speed increase. Personally i think it ticks every second normally and starts ticking for 0.4 seconds in his Overload state.

- when is overload removed from the boss? I think the second question comes in hand with that one...
    Seems to be when he becomes targetable again and the floor returns. Atleast if i look at our logs damage spikes a bit during the transition you mention due to Overload and then when the DPS on the boss starts going up it's removed. I'm not sure about the exact timing.

Well, in that case, the boss is buggy or the description of Radiating Energies is not correct... Overloaded faded from Elegon like ten seconds before Radiating Energies... see logs below.

[22:22:55.536] Empyreal Focus casts Overloaded
    [22:22:55.536] Empyreal Focus casts Overloaded
    [22:22:56.752] Empyreal Focus casts Overloaded
    [22:22:56.757] Empyreal Focus casts Overloaded
    [22:22:58.763] Elegon gains Overloaded from Elegon
    [22:22:58.763] Elegon gains Overloaded (2) from Elegon
    [22:22:59.156] Empyreal Focus casts Overloaded
    [22:22:59.156] Empyreal Focus casts Overloaded
    [22:23:00.000] Elegon gains Overloaded (3) from Elegon
    [22:23:00.000] Elegon gains Overloaded (4) from Elegon
    [22:23:02.382] Elegon gains Overloaded (5) from Elegon
    [22:23:02.382] Elegon gains Overloaded (6) from Elegon
    [22:23:08.801] Elegon's Overloaded fades from Elegon
    [22:23:19.285] Elegon Radiating Energies Keashaa Absorb (19336)
    [22:23:19.694] Elegon Radiating Energies Keashaa Absorb (19954)
    [22:23:20.146] Elegon Radiating Energies Keashaa Absorb (18963)
    [22:23:20.506] Elegon Radiating Energies Keashaa Absorb (19000)
    [22:23:21.282] Elegon Radiating Energies Keashaa 14526 (A: 4886)
    [22:23:21.702] Elegon Radiating Energies Keashaa 19850
    [22:23:22.139] Elegon Radiating Energies Keashaa 19089
    [22:23:22.544] Elegon Radiating Energies Keashaa 20424
    [22:23:23.309] Elegon Radiating Energies Keashaa 19685
    [22:23:23.738] Elegon Radiating Energies Keashaa 19396
    [22:23:24.157] Elegon Radiating Energies Keashaa Absorb (19159)
    [22:23:24.541] Elegon Radiating Energies Keashaa Absorb (19780)
    [22:23:25.311] Elegon Radiating Energies Keashaa Absorb (20780)

Deleted
    Having some trouble on Spirit Kings, we constantly push it through to the final boss but there always seems to be something that goes wrong.

List of things:
    Someone dies from the annihilation from first guy, even though he isn't anywhere near it.
    Someone dies from the 'Volley' ability even though they're stood behind him.
    People jump through the flanking orders and then die randomly.
    During the mad phase, our mage's combustion is on cooldown but it somehow appears on everyone and it's a wipe because it just ticks for insane damage.

World of Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/899er2xbar1lpwlj/

Any tips for anything on this fight? The other bosses we're perfectly fine with, we took a day on each of the first 3 bosses but we're proud because we were 4th on realm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    Someone dies from the annihilation from first guy, even though he isn't anywhere near it.
    Annoying ability, felt randomish to us, so we just stacked the whole raid (instead of just the two tanks which is viable aswell) and this problem vanished for us. Just be clear on where you're moving him so everyone follows.

The ability seems to start slightly behind the boss, just take a bit more distance, i had this while tanking him. Basically running behind him and then noticing my health dropping.

Not sure if you're suposed to actually do that.... As in, i haven't tried it but i'm pretty sure leaping or blinking through it will hurt... Just dodge it by running out of the way instead of jumping through that shit... But i might be missing some mechanic here. Non of us jumped through anything atleast.

During the mad phase, our mage's combustion is on cooldown but it somehow appears on everyone and it's a wipe because it just ticks for insane damage.
    Bullshit on your mage, on cooldown because he used it on everyone, it's not a mindcontrol... He's in control of his abilities! We have a couple of people assigned to breaking people free. Me (heroic leap alone nearly gets everone out) and arcane explosions and things... Basically no one should use abilities that leave dots/debuffs and shit. We had problems aswell where our DK would go crazy aswell as our mage (not to forget my thunderclap + shockwave combo trololol!)

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 12:04 PM ----------

@Keashaa - Checked our logs from last night, you're correct it's 0.4 for us aswell. Doubt it's a bug and if it is they shouldn't fix it since i like the encounter as it is

10+ Year Old Account
    My healers disagreed aswell and actually killed it with the stackup and heal tactic during the burn phase last night (went 5 stacks -> 5 stacks). I love this fight to be honest, only annoying thing is picking up those adds that spawn all over but hit to hard to all tank so you need to "semi" kite them. I'm in love with my "taunt totem" for that phase though... <3<3

Biggest problem during that fight in the end was the control over those adds and transitioning from killing pillars/kiting to getting back to killing stuff. It's dead now but i'm curious how you handle that Raxxed, how do you pickup those adds when they spawn pretty far away and start chasing someone... (I told my dps/healers to get further away from the "puddles" so that those adds have time to change target and what not.) I ended up grabbing around 4-5 of em, running to the raidstack spot and putting down the "taunt totem" while spamming piercing howl, when i noticed shit get lose i Leap over the big pack pick up the few lose ones and continue but i have to admit there are asually 1-2 that get a few hits off on raidmembers It's controlled, but not perfectly and i want perfection!
    Our DK tank with chillblains kites all the adds into the middle, by the time they're all into the middle i'm already tanking the boss, and have vengance. He kites the adds to me, a single dragon roar and they're all basically dead.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Bullshit on your mage, on cooldown because he used it on everyone, it's not a mindcontrol... He's in control of his abilities! We have a couple of people assigned to breaking people free. Me (heroic leap alone nearly gets everone out) and arcane explosions and things... Basically no one should use abilities that leave dots/debuffs and shit. We had problems aswell where our DK would go crazy aswell as our mage (not to forget my thunderclap + shockwave combo trololol!)
    We found out the hard way that our DK tank was just OP when we got that mad, oh hello blood boil, good bye melee!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got three questions on Elegon (did not kill him due to stupid faults of different people):

Thanks a lot
    See above for how I handle the adds and going into new phases.
    Radiating energies ticks fast, but not for very much damage.
    It's removed as the boss 'registers' the next phase. IE when he starts bringing up the platform.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 10:17 AM ----------

Having some trouble on Spirit Kings, we constantly push it through to the final boss but there always seems to be something that goes wrong.

List of things:

World of Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/899er2xbar1lpwlj/

Any tips for anything on this fight? The other bosses we're perfectly fine with, we took a day on each of the first 3 bosses but we're proud because we were 4th on realm.
    Annihilation random death - Seen it once. Just move faster seems to fix it.
    Volley death - Move further away.
    Jumping through flanking orders - What...? Just avoid them O_O
    Mage casting combustion - I'm going to have to go with Odeanathus on this.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Our DK tank with chillblains kites all the adds into the middle, by the time they're all into the middle i'm already tanking the boss, and have vengance. He kites the adds to me, a single dragon roar and they're all basically dead.
    Ye, we don't have one of those I could ask my paladin to kite but i'm pretty sure he'd tell me to have sexual relations with myself. I gues i'll just keep it as it is an it'll get better with some more practise/experience i suspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ye, we don't have one of those I could ask my paladin to kite but i'm pretty sure he'd tell me to have sexual relations with myself. I gues i'll just keep it as it is an it'll get better with some more practise/experience i suspect.
    If you have a holy pally, righteous fury to get all adds onto one side (the side with you) then you will have an easier time as they will all be grouped up.
    Raxxykins