Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey just killed stone guards last night and moved onto Feng. We seem to be hitting a snag with draw flame and by phase 3 we are falling apart at the seams with deaths. Our best attempt was 22% at the enrage timer WoL link below:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...ses&boss=60009

A question would be how many fire stacks is normal when you can't block the flames? Because we keep getting between 17-23 and it murders healer mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matthias9742 View Post
    Hey just killed stone guards last night and moved onto Feng. We seem to be hitting a snag with draw flame and by phase 3 we are falling apart at the seams with deaths. Our best attempt was 22% at the enrage timer WoL link below:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...ses&boss=60009

A question would be how many fire stacks is normal when you can't block the flames? Because we keep getting between 17-23 and it murders healer mana.
    Assuming this is normal mode - 17-22 is normal amount of stacks. Should be easily healable with light raid cooldowns.

Looking at your logs, your healers hps really sub par - that's being pretty blunt but it had to be said.

Sort out what your healers are doing, and you should have it down no problemo!
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

This is our attempts on Gara'jal. We are having some real tough time with enrage timer and I guess people are clueless or not doing it right. Any tips/suggestions?
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fpna6tbnnnxcdzul/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zebpally View Post
    This is our attempts on Gara'jal. We are having some real tough time with enrage timer and I guess people are clueless or not doing it right. Any tips/suggestions?
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-fpna6tbnnnxcdzul/
    On your longest attempt you had people dying to the adds in the spirit realm. I'm confused - are the people you sending into the spirit realm staying in there for the full duration? If they are you shouldn't be getting overrun with adds, or even getting close to it.

Keeping people in the spirit realm for longer means you can apply more heals to the DPS, letting them gain more stacks and thus improving their dps on the boss. This is the key to beating the enrage timer.

Essentially, you want to send in 2 teams of 3 (preassigned but please have backups incase of voodoo dolls).

We send in Hunter/Mage/Hpally as our main team - Pally spam heals them in the realm and they pop up with 1 second left.

The second team is basically called on the fly, as the variables of voodoo dolls can mess things up.

You do not want to send people into the spirit realm who already have stacks of the buff. The buff is required to beat the enrage timer with such low gear levels.

You need to spam heals in the spirit realm on the dps. For every heal recieved, the dps gain 1 stack.

Rotate your healers going into the realm so they can get mana back.

Good luck
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Any advice on the weapon order for heroic Feng? And tips in general for the fight?

Is there any way to get another Stone Guard combination in 10m Heroic? By resetting the instance or something similar?
    Jasper is really annoying with 2 melees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diend View Post
    Any advice on the weapon order for heroic Feng? And tips in general for the fight?
    I don't really want to give it away, as this was an awesome boss to progress on and learn.

I STRONGLY suggest arcane phase first.

3 Healers is fine.

Nullification Barrier is the key to winning the fight.

Hopefully those give you a little insight

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 12:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Is there any way to get another Stone Guard combination in 10m Heroic? By resetting the instance or something similar?
    Jasper is really annoying with 2 melees.
    Unfortunately no, it's on a week by week rotation.

All I can suggest is your ranged stack closer to your melee - Our ret paladin never died unless the person he was linked to was running tiles (or stood in a bomb)
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    On your longest attempt you had people dying to the adds in the spirit realm. I'm confused - are the people you sending into the spirit realm staying in there for the full duration? If they are you shouldn't be getting overrun with adds, or even getting close to it.

Keeping people in the spirit realm for longer means you can apply more heals to the DPS, letting them gain more stacks and thus improving their dps on the boss. This is the key to beating the enrage timer.

Essentially, you want to send in 2 teams of 3 (preassigned but please have backups incase of voodoo dolls).

We send in Hunter/Mage/Hpally as our main team - Pally spam heals them in the realm and they pop up with 1 second left.

The second team is basically called on the fly, as the variables of voodoo dolls can mess things up.

You do not want to send people into the spirit realm who already have stacks of the buff. The buff is required to beat the enrage timer with such low gear levels.

You need to spam heals in the spirit realm on the dps. For every heal recieved, the dps gain 1 stack.

Rotate your healers going into the realm so they can get mana back.

Good luck
    2 stacks for cast time heals, 1 for instant. Not sure what Beacon counts as.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    2 stacks for cast time heals, 1 for instant. Not sure what Beacon counts as.
    You are indeed correct
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Progressing on Elegon 10m normal, few questions:

How many energy charges we should kill, currently we get 3/4 at the moment?
    Should we all stack (except the tank) when the Celestial Protector casts Total Annihilation? Inside or outside the ring?
    To kill the barriers should we assign DPS to each or should we move round as 2 groups?
    Healers find themselves dealing with alot of damage in the energy charge phase, so much so when people are topped off some DPS drop down to around 20%, is this right?

Here's our logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4sicjzhvw76verhi/

Any help appreciated!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    Progressing on Elegon 10m normal, few questions:

How many energy charges we should kill, currently we get 3/4 at the moment?
    Should we all stack (except the tank) when the Celestial Protector casts Total Annihilation? Inside or outside the ring?
    To kill the barriers should we assign DPS to each or should we move round as 2 groups?
    Healers find themselves dealing with alot of damage in the energy charge phase, so much so when people are topped off some DPS drop down to around 20%, is this right?

Here's our logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4sicjzhvw76verhi/

Any help appreciated!
    We killed 5 / 5 (so we had 12 stacks in total) while we were progressing, changed it to killing 4 / 4 (so 10 in total and (atleast for us) it actually helped us on the enrage. Be sure to reset your stacks after each wave to lessen the burden on the healers in that phase.
    Monk-specific tip for phase2: Reposition your Jade Serpent Statue to heal one of the dps that's doing the outer charges, position yourself in the middle of the other two and just crackling jade lightning the boss. Renewing Mist + Eminence heals everyone to full way before the next charges explode.

As for Total Annihilation: Make sure the Protector is not on the platform (the +50% damage applies to him aswell, easily tested), stacking makes it easier for your healers to heal the raid back up. Remember though: There shouldn't be any raid damage once the protector went off, Elegon only damages tanks in phase 1 - so there is no immediate hurry (=tell your healers to use their mana wisely on this).

For the barriers: We assigned 1 dps to each energy charge, and that dps basically was responsible for killing that pylon in P3. Tanks can help out here since it takes some time before the adds spawn.

15+ Year Old Account
    we currently progress on Feng the Accursed - normal, 10 man (killed him last ID, but we're quite far from farming status), and we use nullification barrier on first and third draw flames in P2, so at the second draw he succeeds and we need to heal through, but so far, we struggle on keeping the stacks low.
    since the first draw flame only draws two flames actually (the third one comes at the same time as the draw, and therefore does not get drawn), we have to deal with four flames getting drawn at the second draw.

the first question is: is there any way to force the third flame into the first draw? that would ease healing through the second draw A LOT.
    the second question is: regardless if we have to heal through three or four flames, how can we avoid extra stacks, and thus, what causes extra stacks and how many?

we figured out that standing in / walking through the fire, even with immunity effects, causes extra stacks (but not how many)
    Pets also cause extra stacks
    do totems cause extra stacks?
    do temporary pets (aka those shadow things from a shadow priest that walk towards the boss and cant be controlled) cause extra stacks?

have you any further tips for the positioning in this fight, that can help or make the fight a bit easier?

note, we don't struggle in P1 at all, and we pretty sure wouldn't struggle in P3, if we could keep the stacks in that phase low. We very regularly have 22-25 stacks, even if we were pretty sure that no one stood in the fire before the 2nd draw... but due to the fact, that we don't keep the stacks lower, our healers are pretty much oom at the end of P2, which is not really good for P3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    we currently progress on Feng the Accursed - normal, 10 man (killed him last ID, but we're quite far from farming status), and we use nullification barrier on first and third draw flames in P2, so at the second draw he succeeds and we need to heal through, but so far, we struggle on keeping the stacks low.
    since the first draw flame only draws two flames actually (the third one comes at the same time as the draw, and therefore does not get drawn), we have to deal with four flames getting drawn at the second draw.

the first question is: is there any way to force the third flame into the first draw? that would ease healing through the second draw A LOT.
    the second question is: regardless if we have to heal through three or four flames, how can we avoid extra stacks, and thus, what causes extra stacks and how many?

we figured out that standing in / walking through the fire, even with immunity effects, causes extra stacks (but not how many)
    Pets also cause extra stacks
    do totems cause extra stacks?
    do temporary pets (aka those shadow things from a shadow priest that walk towards the boss and cant be controlled) cause extra stacks?

have you any further tips for the positioning in this fight, that can help or make the fight a bit easier?

note, we don't struggle in P1 at all, and we pretty sure wouldn't struggle in P3, if we could keep the stacks in that phase low. We very regularly have 22-25 stacks, even if we were pretty sure that no one stood in the fire before the 2nd draw... but due to the fact, that we don't keep the stacks lower, our healers are pretty much oom at the end of P2, which is not really good for P3
    Only killed feng once on normal, and it was a 2shot, killed him on heroic this week - So never really got practice on the normal mode fire phase. But i'll try my best. (Heroic we got noticeably less stacks)

1. I don't think so. Maybe if the timers were off slightly, maybe, but theres no real way to drop the debuff (unless you know, you're a paladin).

2. This is what I don't know.

Positioning:

We positioned him on top of where the polearm thing is that he grabs to start the fire phase. We stood him there on both normal and heroic. The raid stacks up in the middle, runs out with the debuff, runs back in.

Our healers really didn't struggle at all on our kill with the fire phase, and walking into the arcane phase after.

As long as you don't have overlapping stacks into the arcane phase, you should easily have a kill providing people execute the mechanics properly, and the healers give it all they've got!

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 10:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    We killed 5 / 5 (so we had 12 stacks in total) while we were progressing, changed it to killing 4 / 4 (so 10 in total and (atleast for us) it actually helped us on the enrage. Be sure to reset your stacks after each wave to lessen the burden on the healers in that phase.
    Monk-specific tip for phase2: Reposition your Jade Serpent Statue to heal one of the dps that's doing the outer charges, position yourself in the middle of the other two and just crackling jade lightning the boss. Renewing Mist + Eminence heals everyone to full way before the next charges explode.

As for Total Annihilation: Make sure the Protector is not on the platform (the +50% damage applies to him aswell, easily tested), stacking makes it easier for your healers to heal the raid back up. Remember though: There shouldn't be any raid damage once the protector went off, Elegon only damages tanks in phase 1 - so there is no immediate hurry (=tell your healers to use their mana wisely on this).

For the barriers: We assigned 1 dps to each energy charge, and that dps basically was responsible for killing that pylon in P3. Tanks can help out here since it takes some time before the adds spawn.
    This guy nailed it on the head.

Thanks for replying in my absence
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post

Thanks ^.^

Thats our latest attempt on Gara'jal. We had to pug a dps that left and then another one and he left as well after a few wipes. So our progression halted. But I don't I feel like we are really stuck on this boss. I am the dk tank. I really don't know what to do or how to fix the situation. We are either dead well before the enrage timer. Our druid tank is subbing in. Healing is his main spec. I would really appreciate if someone can give us any ideas or any tips. We were 1 min off enrage when we wiped on our best attempt.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1832&e=2116

My guild is starting on Gara'jal normal and my question is if you should start with a setup that involves three healers and see if we can beat the enragetimer or if 2 healing it is the way to go from the start.

Hey Rax, I have another question. Is there a way to reliably steal the stun from Feng? I saw on heroic mode it's pretty much required so I'm trying to get our tanks to perfect it for hardmode. Whenever we do it, sometimes Feng just doesn't use his fists ability at all. We all stack at a point about 30 yards away from him and when he casts fist the tank turns the boss toward the person who's going to eat it and then we're good. However sometimes he just never uses it. Also here are our logs from elegon last night, we are taking alot of damage from the total anihilation if you have any tips http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3d...ses&boss=60410

Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post
    My guild is starting on Gara'jal normal and my question is if you should start with a setup that involves three healers and see if we can beat the enragetimer or if 2 healing it is the way to go from the start.
    We couldn't kill him with 3 healers when my group started on him (but mainly because we didn't know the buff stacks if more heals are received, thus people were just leaving the zone in less than 15ish stacks), kept wiping at enrage at 20%. But when we went over to 2 heals, and actually healing people until the for the full duration in spirit zone, we easily killed it. From my own experience (we used holy pally and resto druid (me) ), I think 3 healing is extensive, and 2 healing should be the way to go. The damage really only gets very hard when boss hits soft enrage, but by then you're really just burning the boss and both healers are outside spamming their heals. (I recommend you to sent the healer without the buff down to spirit zone alone when approaching 20% just so that the healer can get the buff and come out right away to spam heals)

Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post
    You should 2 heal this. You will not be able to beat the enrage timer with 3 healers at our current item level. We tried and always got to around 10-12%. With 2 healers we beat the enrage by 12 seconds. There isn't really even a need for 3 healers. With the healers rotating going to the Spirit Realm they get full mana when they come back out. Only time it will suck is if the same healer keeps getting Voodooed and has to stay out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sflame View Post
    You should 2 heal this. You will not be able to beat the enrage timer with 3 healers at our current item level.
    *NOT* true.

Generally, you need to make a choice, considering your roster:

- if you have strong dotters, like warlocks, boomkins and the like, generally anyone who can solo-dps the adds, go with 3 healers and send only 1 healer 1 dps down on each totem, rotating healers (duh) and dps (so they can put their stacks to good use nuking the boss)

- if you *don't* have the luxury of having such a good dps roster, but your healers are good, 2-heal it

The first tactic is easier, simpler and more fool-proof (doesn't strain the healers AT ALL + you will not have problems due to unfortunate voodoo doll placement), so if you have the right people, you should go for it. When in doubt - find a warlock, since Affliction utterly destroys this fight (did 82k this week myself in pre-raid gear with some arts 'n' crafts pieces, and I don't consider myself an exceptionally skilled player at all).