Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account
    Spirit Kings HC, Meng, Maddening Shout

Does using Lights Hammer(Paladin) while under Maddening Shout debuf do damage first and after loosing the debuf heal again for the time left or does the damage continue because it was cast while all other chars were hostile? What would change if Lights Hammer was dropped before Maddening Shout?
    I'm asking, because I can't test it myself.

Thanks alot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanath View Post
    Another few questions Raxxed:

1) What setup did you use for Elegon?
    2) Any specific reasons for these classes/specs?
    3) Any classes/specs you wish you had instead?
    Prot warrior
    Blood DK
    Holy Priest
    Holy Paladin
    Shadow Priest
    Destro lock
    Ele shaman
    Boomkin
    Ret paladin
    BM Hunter

Was really just who was online at the time.

Monks... Touch of Death is fucking stupid for the energy charges.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 01:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    One nice thing to know about elegon is that you CAN soak with immunities. Cloak seems to give you a stun, whilst bubble/iceblock doesn't. (seems mage invis doesn't stun you either)

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 02:18 PM ----------

So to clarify, you were killing 5 sets and then 4 sets of adds? Were you using pots on the sparks, or on the burn phase?
    Pots on 4th set of sparks (The first ones)

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 01:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blaxter View Post
    Is Elegon hc harder than garajal hc in terms of gear needed? We are stuck in garajal because with 2 healers we just die and with 3 healers (one of them disc) we can't kill him before enrage
    Elegon is a joke compared to Garajal.

An absolute joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Alrighty. Well I'm here again.

My group just failed tonight. Completely on NM Stone Guard. Warlock, Spriest, Bear, Prot War, Resto Shammy, Resto Druid, HPally, Ret, Enh Sham, Rogue. Just in case you wanted to know what we were running. I know it's doubled on some classes, working on that. Recruiting sucks. :P Anyways.

Colbalt, Jasper, and Amethyst.

How? What worked/works/doesn't work/didn't work?

Any help would be appreciated. Advice tips etc. I know that most of the damage can be avoided, but it seems to be hard to do when ranged and melee get chains, then move into melee to have traps and pools drop down on ya. Etc. etc. etc. So. Help? O:

10+ Year Old Account
    Cobalt gives the green pools with stun. Since you have a holy paladin, you can have the paladin run through all the green stuff, with bubble, even out side the Cobalt phase. As he takes no damage. If you get Cobalt petrification have your spriest bubble, your holy paladin and anyone else with some stun breaker/shield ability break all the traps. If you break as many traps as possible either with your paladin or with the Cobalt petrification phase, you will have lot of room to move and less damage if someone needs to move. If you step into a Cobalt trap, any root breaker ability will get you out of it. If you decide to step inside the trap as tank out side the Cobalt phase, use a reduction or 2.

The pools you can avoid as much as possible. Your tanks can take few ticks in the pools for extra vengence and in Amethyst petrification the pools to little damage anyway,good vengence aka DPS boost. Your guardian has plenty of damage reductions and heals at his/her disposal to survive.

As for the Jasper chains...My guild has maybe 1-2 RDPS on most pulls, so we are very melee heavy raid group. Mostly we stay stacked near the boss, for it would be much more easier when melee and ranged/healer get the chains. You can be up to 10 yards from each other if you are chained together, before you start taking much damage. Or few seconds at a time more than 10 yards to break the chains outside the Jasper phase. Since afaik it takes 15 sec in total to break the chains (you don't have to be apart 15 sec at a time, you can be few seconds at a time only). This takes bit more coordination and team work. If you get the Jasper phase, just break the chains, move as far apart until the chains start to glow orange (that is the distance you need to break the chains). For this have your ranged people move away from melee, if ranged and melee are tied together. But again, you a) have to watch how long the Jasper phase is active b) have someone call it out if the phase is about to end and it is time to stop breaking the chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Is there anything that can buff Opportunity Strike (the skill you get on Will if you dodge everything)?

I used Bloodbath and made sure I was Enraged before using it, but checking our log it didn't increase the damage done. Didn't get to test Avatar or other Flat % increase buffs because the boss died on our first try.

I did notice it was hitting for a little over 500k, so maybe it accounts for debuffs on the boss (ie: Sunder, Physical Vulnerability), so maybe Shattering Throw works? Getting a cast off won't be easy though =(
    This probably doesn't help you much, but Tiger Strikes(30% ArP buff monks have) doesn't affect the damage, and as Raxxed mentioned, the only damage it ever seems to do is 500k and 520k.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Raxxed,
    Choice

Could you theoretically skip Gara'Jal Heroic and go straigth to Elegon? The reason I am asking is, we're at 2/6 hc right now. We killed Elegon in the First Week of Progression, so we have like tweaked the strategy for this boss alot to near perfect execution in order to be able to kill him with 346 itemlevel. For Gara'jal, we run with a Blood DK and without a Priest. So we would have to 3-heal it and tank with Blood DK + Guardian Druid. We 3-healed it in the first week too, beating the enrage by like 5 seconds. On our last kill on nhc with 3-heal we beat the enrage by about 50 seconds.

Whats your take on it? What should be easier to master? Wouldn't Elegon be a much better fit at this stage in the progression? From what I've seen, there doesnt change anything at all on the elegon encounter, compared to a perfect executed normal mode. Or am I missing something?

We're are the Spirit Kings in all of this? Too much RNG like Pre-Nerf Omnotron? (we downed Omnotron Pre-Nerf in Cata, but with like 100 tries or sth like that)

We only raid 2 days (7 hours) a week, so we kinda want to maximize our potential (efforts).

Our Comp for 10-man is Blood DK, Guardian Druid, Feral Druid, Arms Warri, Rogue, Resto Druid, Holy Pala, Resto Shaman, Warlock, Fire Mage, Ele Shaman

Thanks alot guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    Could you theoretically skip Gara'Jal Heroic and go straigth to Elegon?
    Yes

Wouldn't Elegon be a much better fit at this stage in the progression? From what I've seen, there doesnt change anything at all on the elegon encounter, compared to a perfect executed normal mode. Or am I missing something?
    Elegon is quite an easy heroic boss, nothing much has changed from normal. If you're not after server firsts, you should probably go for elegon as it drops weapons and trinkets.

Our Comp for 10-man is Blood DK, Guardian Druid, Feral Druid, Arms Warri, Rogue, Resto Druid, Holy Pala, Resto Shaman, Warlock, Fire Mage, Ele Shaman
    That comp looks amazing for gara'jal, you have 3 druids that can do an amazing burn at the start with heart of the wild. Might be worth it to try out gara'jal to see how much you could burn, cause I would imagine with that comp you could probably burn it down to less than 70% by the time lust finishes.

Deleted
    We tried spiritbinder for the first time last night, three healers and we had people dying left and right.... Somehow made me consider skipping and going for Elegon aswell....

Not sure how viable that will be though since it's not our "best" fight either.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've killed Elegon heroic and progressing on H Garajal at the moment. Garajal is extremely dps intensive on 10man and requires near perfect execution. Elegon is miles easier.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 09:05 AM ----------

As I make that post we wipe at 2.7%.. bitch of a boss.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    We've killed Elegon heroic and progressing on H Garajal at the moment. Garajal is extremely dps intensive on 10man and requires near perfect execution. Elegon is miles easier.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 09:05 AM ----------

As I make that post we wipe at 2.7%.. bitch of a boss.
    Wait a sec, you can do Elegon on heroic without killing garajal hc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Wait a sec, you can do Elegon on heroic without killing garajal hc?
    Yes, you can do any heroic you want except for Will.
    Will requires 5/6H.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    On topic, I came here to ask for help at hc stone guard. This is the log, http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/uset7no8feajx1ef/.
    We were lighting up the floor to 60-80 stacks depending on the fire chains. I think the reason we wiped is too much damage from frost traps and fire chains.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    On topic, I came here to ask for help at hc stone guard. This is the log, http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/uset7no8feajx1ef/.
    We were lighting up the floor to 60-80 stacks depending on the fire chains. I think the reason we wiped is too much damage from frost traps and fire chains.
    Can't really inspect logs whilst raiding, but judging by the fact you said too much damage from chains and traps, people aren't stacking with chains/breaking them at the right time, and blowing up cobalt bombs when they shouldn't be

Both of those are just.. unacceptable.

I could be wrong, though - as I said, can't really go indepth into logs at the moment.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Can't tell without actually beeing there but when there are people dying to traps it was usually people panicing when they got chains...

I've seen people get chains and instantly jump towards their "partner" right into a trap... The chains don't really hurt the first few seconds, this time should be spend CALMLY getting towards your "partner".

Then obviously only break chains/blow up traps when the right guardian is petrifying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Yes, you can do any heroic you want except for Will.
    Will requires 5/6H.
    He wanted to know if you can kill Elegon HC without killing Garajal normal on the same reset ;-P

10+ Year Old Account
    Did about 30 attempts on H Gara'jal last night, don't know if were getting anywhere. Our best attempt was 20% enrage, so that's quite a lot to make up...

We're lusting off the pull, HotW Resto + Disc DEEPS the boss in additon to rest of the raid, getting him to about 80% before first totem. Sending 2 dps + 1 heal every totem, stacking SI to 20+ stacks, etc. but DPS just doesn't seem there. Here's our comp:

Tanks: Prot Pally + Brewmaster
    DPS: Fire mage, Affi Lock x2, Boomkin, S.Priest
    Heals: Holy Pally, Disc Priest (.5), Resto Druid

Damage seems really high too, dunno what it is, don't know if we could drop to two heals, people are sometimes getting nearly globaled by adds + dolls. Any and all suggestions would be helpful!

Deleted
    So tried spiritbinder last night for a full night... Not that exciting for a tank imo but meh.

One problem we had when we two healed it we had to send our shadowpriest in to heal the shadowrealm every now or then... He quickly started complaining about running OOM.. Is there anything special offspec healers do to manage this or is everyone running with a Disc priest running in DPS gear to overcome this?

We started progression on Heroic Elegon tonight. Our biggest struggle is usually mechanics overall, which is what I'm concerned about, since it takes us more than normal to find a strategy and adapt it to our playstyle.

With that in mind, I've got a couple of random questions, since I haven't found more information elsewhere:

1. I've seen some 2 heal, and 3 heal strategies. We are currently 2 healing it, but due to comp changes one of them just switched, and is behind the gearing curve, plus learning to play a new class sets it back a little bit more. Including the 12% nerf, is 3 heal a viable strategy, without having stellar DPS? I worry about learning the fight with 3 healers, only to fail at the DPS checks and having to readjust for 2 healers.

2. After the 12.5% health nerf, think we could go with 4 and 4 sparks? Our comp has a lot of DoT classes, and we struggle making a 5th reliably (on normal, on heroic it'll be slightly worse)

Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    So tried spiritbinder last night for a full night... Not that exciting for a tank imo but meh.

One problem we had when we two healed it we had to send our shadowpriest in to heal the shadowrealm every now or then... He quickly started complaining about running OOM.. Is there anything special offspec healers do to manage this or is everyone running with a Disc priest running in DPS gear to overcome this?
    dps will OOM themselves offhealing (except druids during heart of the wild) and shouldnt be healing the spirit realm unless your healer didn't get sent down somehow. its possible for a dps (lets use feral druid as an example) to pop nature's swiftness and a predatory swiftness proc and heal themselves to full from 30%, but isnt really something you should count on in your strategy.

---------- Post added 2012-10-26 at 08:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maefor View Post
    2. After the 12.5% health nerf, think we could go with 4 and 4 sparks? Our comp has a lot of DoT classes, and we struggle making a 5th reliably (on normal, on heroic it'll be slightly worse)
    its possible to alter your strategy to optimize the damage your dot classes can do - for example instead of everyone attacking their own target, everyone spreading damage and cleaving. As a feral druid I do an absurdly high amount of damage to the sparks; a big contributor to that is getting a well timed (and preferably dream of cenarius buffed) thrash off on three of the sparks right when they spawn. It leaves me with less energy than I'd like to deal with my own spark, but helps the group overall.

I dont have much to comment specifically to H elegon though, as I havent done it yet - good luck!

15+ Year Old Account
    Go with 2 healers, 3 is overkill. We did it with 4+4 sparks.

Our kill video from my resto shammy pov:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcr3J...ature=youtu.be
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.