Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I've a question about the first boss (yes we're this noob ah ah )

I do not understand if me and my other tank friend did not seem to get the switches right or at some point we have to eat a 250k explosion from one of the dogs.
    We tried to switch at 25% 50% and 75% but at some point something seems to go wrong and we're getting wrong dogs exploding in cascade.

I'm sure it is only a matter of practice but at the end I was a lil bit frustrated
    Always switch at 50%. The tank with only one add is the one doing the thinking, whenever an explosion occurs he's only got one thing to think about: "do I taunt the add that just exploded or do I do nothing and wait?".
    The only slight complication is when the petrification starts on the add that's on it's own at the beginning of the fight, at which point the tank has got to quickly taunt any of the packed guardians.

Deleted
    the problem for me are those 2-3 seconds before the next dog start the petrification process as it slightly mess up the energy percentages over time, in case it is the "loner" dog to activate. Should we switch at 50% immediately anyway?

Or we should try to switch it the first time at around 40-45% to offset this?

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    the problem for me are those 2-3 seconds before the next dog start petrification process as it slightly mess up the energy percentages over time, in case it is the "loner" dog to activate. Should we switch at 50% immediately anyway?
    No you should just be waiting to see what colour is the petrification before switching.
    If you're having problems at that point it is because switches weren't done correctly before. If guardians have gotten over the 50% energy mark often, you simply won't be able to finish the fight without at least one explosion, which is why the tank currently tanking only one add has to be ready to taunt as soon as the petrification appears, after all he's basically only got that to think about at that point.

Heyya, a few questions here if you don't mind.

We're raiding in a very casual 10m, having our raid group put together like a week ago, and I have but one concern regarding Garajal normal

Is it true, that people assigned to transcend to the spirit world are to go there ONLY AFTER the voodoo dolls have been assigned? Thing we've noticed was the fact that sometimes we had two totems down, yet one group was still in there, while second was preparing to go, leaving 1 totem unattended. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kouby View Post
    No you should just be waiting to see what colour is the petrification before switching.
    If you're having problems at that point it is because switches weren't done correctly before. If guardians have gotten over the 50% energy mark often, you simply won't be able to finish the fight without at least one explosion, which is why the tank currently tanking only one add has to be ready to taunt as soon as the petrification appears, after all he's basically only got that to think about at that point.
    ok it is as I thought, just a matter of perfect timing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    We're still struggling on Elegon normal, yesterday's logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/modsdgv7s35r8ypc/ and day before yesterday's logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/pd6zzazzduizrnhv/

Few things we're struggling on,

Healers are having to heal ALOT when the protector is <25% is this because people aren't resetting their stacks? This usually results in someone dieing because they weren't topped off before it explodes.

After we get to phase 2, we sometimes only manage 3 stacks is this an issue?

After we make it to phase 3, we get all barriers to 20% then kill them all at same time (to stop too many adds), when they all die we still get a lot of adds. A lot for tanks to pickup and a DPS or healer usually dies because they have aggro on one.

On second phase 1, when protector spawns tank takes it out as usual etc. but then tank on boss gets killed from breath and melee because his stacks are really high, what should we do here?

Healers are healing a lot during phase 2, is it because people aren't resetting their stacks or is there literally 250k+ damage overall here?
    The protector should fall over as soon as it hits 25% and it is dragged out, it should never pulse on the platform, or only once at the maximum. If people are dying from 1-2 pulses, they need to reset their stacks a lot smarter.

3 stacks will be an issue if your dps isn't good, you should really be getting 5. 5 stacks means a faster next phase, which means less protectors, less healing, gg win.

If your dps isn't good, the pillars will die slowly, resulting in more adds.

If you want to really maximize pillar dps, zerg the pillars as soon as they spawn rather than getting a little bit more on the boss.

Tank should be popping cds, or the protector should be dying a hell of a lot faster
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    2/6N hof down, hitting up garalon now. questions welcome
    Heya, been lurking this thread and wanted to ask a question.

We have been 2 healing the second fight in HoF but our healers are having trouble keeping the people up in the last 20%. The dps aren't really hitting the tornados at all from what I've seen it's just the overall aoe damage and not being able to heal on the run as efficient. We are running pally/shaman. Would you recommend us to 3 heal it? The only problem with that is we only have another resto shaman until next week (resto druid should be back by then).

Our set up is Brewmaster, Blood DK, Ele shaman, Assass rogue, 2 aff locks, BM hunter, enh shaman (Frost DK next week), resto shaman, holy pally.

We keep hitting enrage at 3% because too many people die at that last phase from the initial run. The second run at 10% is not as bad but still a bit rough. Everything is fine until that last 20% where are healers are having trouble.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wondering what was your comp for first two bosses , how many tanks/healers per boss. Guess first can be done with single tank easily .

Garalon : How did 2 man healing look like , considering the amount of AoE dmg from Crashes? Did you use cleave classes on legs and rest full time on the boss?
    How many people in rotation for the debuff/kiting and on what number of stacks you felt safe to switch?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Serb; 2012-10-31 at 01:58 PM.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane View Post
    Heya, been lurking this thread and wanted to ask a question.

We have been 2 healing the second fight in HoF but our healers are having trouble keeping the people up in the last 20%. The dps aren't really hitting the tornados at all from what I've seen it's just the overall aoe damage and not being able to heal on the run as efficient. We are running pally/shaman. Would you recommend us to 3 heal it? The only problem with that is we only have another resto shaman until next week (resto druid should be back by then).

Our set up is Brewmaster, Blood DK, Ele shaman, Assass rogue, 2 aff locks, BM hunter, enh shaman (Frost DK next week), resto shaman, holy pally.

We keep hitting enrage at 3% because too many people die at that last phase from the initial run. The second run at 10% is not as bad but still a bit rough. Everything is fine until that last 20% where are healers are having trouble.
    Funnily enough that's what we were wiping to, hah.

We just brute forced through it, popped a heck of a lot of cooldowns running over, health stones, double rallying etc etc.
    As you said, the second one is easy - the first one is pretty tough on the healers.
    3healing would probably lead to a very early enrage, and I would not advise it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 08:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    Wondering what was your comp for first two bosses , how many tanks/healers per boss. Guess first can be done with single tank easily .

Garalon : How did 2 man healing look like , considering the amount of AoE dmg from Crashes? Did you use cleave classes on legs and rest full time on the boss?
    How many people in rotation for the debuff/kiting and on what number of stacks you felt safe to switch?

Thanks in advance.
    Hellooooooooooooo

Vizier was 1tank 3heal. We could've 2healed, but decided against it
    Blade Lord was 2tank 2heal.
    Garalon was 2tank 2heal

Setup:
    Prot Warrior
    Prot Paladin(For Blade lord/Gara)
    Resto Druid(Boomkin for Gara, not in for Blade lord)
    Mistweaver Monk
    Ele Shaman(Not in for Gara)
    Holy Pally
    Fury Warrior
    Affli Lock
    Fire Mage
    BM Hunter
    Shadow Priest

We used a rotation of 4, 25-25-20-20
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    On first guy, we're really struggling with Force and Verve. We pop Aura Mastery and it really doesn't help, we channel Tranquility before hand it helps a little. We have 3 groups (10 man) 4, 4 and 2.

Any tips for this?

Deleted
    We pop Aura Mastery and it really doesn't help, we channel Tranquility before hand it helps a little.
    It's physical damage so that makes sense....

We pop demo banners, RC and all in all it's kinda easy to heal through ones healers realize they need to pomp it some.

Question of my own; Go for Garalon or spirit binder heroic? (we've killed neither yet... so both would be progressing.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    It's physical damage so that makes sense....

We pop demo banners, RC and all in all it's kinda easy to heal through ones healers realize they need to pomp it some.

Question of my own; Go for Garalon or spirit binder heroic? (we've killed neither yet... so both would be progressing.)
    Garalon is a dps check and execution fight

Gara'jal is a HUGE dps check and execution fight.

While I would say Gara'jal is easier, it depends on your dps. Garalon is more susceptible to random shit screwing you over, but Gara'jals dps check is much higher.

Balls deep dps: Gara'jal
    Good dps: Garalon

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 10:36 PM ----------

On first guy, we're really struggling with Force and Verve. We pop Aura Mastery and it really doesn't help, we channel Tranquility before hand it helps a little. We have 3 groups (10 man) 4, 4 and 2.

Any tips for this?
    As Odeanathus said above, Aura Mastery mitigates magical damage, FaV is physical :P
    We only had one in the first part, and 2 in the final burn - so it was realllllllllllllly easy to manage cooldowns.
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-10-31 at 10:37 PM.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Garalon is a dps check and execution fight

Gara'jal is a HUGE dps check and execution fight.

While I would say Gara'jal is easier, it depends on your dps. Garalon is more susceptible to random shit screwing you over, but Gara'jals dps check is much higher.

Balls deep dps: Gara'jal
    Good dps: Garalon

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 10:36 PM ----------

As Odeanathus said above, Aura Mastery mitigates magical damage, FaV is physical :P
    We only had one in the first part, and 2 in the final burn - so it was realllllllllllllly easy to manage cooldowns.
    So what do you recommend we do?

Our healers are Druid, Monk and Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    So what do you recommend we do?

Our healers are Druid, Monk and Paladin
    Can you please tell me the rest of your raid composition?

The majority of our raid cds aren't from healers.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Can you please tell me the rest of your raid composition?

The majority of our raid cds aren't from healers.
    Blood DK,
    2x Warriors,
    Frost DK,
    Mage,
    Warlock,
    Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood DK,
    2x Warriors,
    Frost DK,
    Mage,
    Warlock,
    Hunter
    Easily solved!

Warrior #1 banner + rallying the first FaV
    Warrior #2 banner + rallying the second FaV

Tranq the first FaV
    Revival or Uplift the second FaV (Whatever the monk healing CD is, I get confused between the two)

That's literally what we had planned to do, but we kinda raped the dps and pushed it with only one FaV lol
    Raxxykins

I will be main tanking MSV 10 next week with my guild. I have read up on the fights but, is there any tricks to know as a pally tank. my ilvl is 476ish mostly lfr drops and VP stuff.

Farstriders Soterya <I cant post links to armory yet>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soterya View Post
    I will be main tanking MSV 10 next week with my guild. I have read up on the fights but, is there any tricks to know as a pally tank. my ilvl is 476ish mostly lfr drops and VP stuff.

Farstriders Soterya <I cant post links to armory yet>
    Not really much I can say lol, if you've done your research on the fights it should all just come naturally.
    With your ilvl you should cruise through normals without any issues whatsoever.

Good luck!
    Raxxykins

15+ Year Old Account
    Funnily enough that's what we were wiping to, hah.

We just brute forced through it, popped a heck of a lot of cooldowns running over, health stones, double rallying etc etc.
    As you said, the second one is easy - the first one is pretty tough on the healers.
    3healing would probably lead to a very early enrage, and I would not advise it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 08:30 PM ----------

Hellooooooooooooo

Vizier was 1tank 3heal. We could've 2healed, but decided against it
    Blade Lord was 2tank 2heal.
    Garalon was 2tank 2heal

Setup:
    Prot Warrior
    Prot Paladin(For Blade lord/Gara)
    Resto Druid(Boomkin for Gara, not in for Blade lord)
    Mistweaver Monk
    Ele Shaman(Not in for Gara)
    Holy Pally
    Fury Warrior
    Affli Lock
    Fire Mage
    BM Hunter
    Shadow Priest

We used a rotation of 4, 25-25-20-20

Thanks for the replies but we already killed them LOL. Didn't have time to check earlier.
    We felt that Vizier was much more comfortable with three healers for us to deal with massive aoe dmg, and we just left three healers in for Blade lord also which we killed within few pulls (defo gonna 2 man heal it next week ).

Did few pulls on Garalon itself , and we were switching exactly like you wrote (figured less stacks using 4 ppl in rotation wouldn't work out well ).
    We will see tomorrow if we can beat the enrage, so far it looks promising.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

If you're using 4 people in the rotation you can go as low as 20 stacks before each switch and your first pheromone taker will lose his 2min debuff in time to take the pheromones off of your fourth. We started with 4 people swapping at 15 stacks for a 2 min rotation until we realised that the debuff starts on the first switch, not on the pull and we ended up getting our kill using 2 ranged dps and the healers swapping the debuff around at 20 stacks each.