Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    cool thank you Ill make sure to tell my raid to read up aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by soterya View Post
    cool thank you Ill make sure to tell my raid to read up aswell.
    One tip from my perspective - I'd say its better to slowly drag the bosses throughout the fight rather than move reactively when you see things on the ground under him. This fight is a positioning nightmare for a melee that needs to be behind the bosses if the tank doesnt move them enough.

As for tanking them, dont be afraid to be honest about your abilities. Normally I'm gung-ho about being pro but when it came down to it I simply could not consistently call boss swaps while maintaining active mitigation, positioning the bosses for melee dps, eating traps, etc. I'd be able to handle it most of the time but would occasionally take too long to call a swap. In the end we had the offtank make the swap calls while the main tank focused on everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Ah okay. Hmm, have you killed Heroic Elegon? I'm asking cause I'm interested in the difference in difficulty.
    Hi, our guild is 4/6 H MV (have not killed Elegon yet, but have spent a couple of hours on him). We have had a couple of 10% wipes to Elegon and killed 10m Garalon last night 53 seconds ahead of the pre-nerf enrage. Garalon is definitely easier unless your healers are a weak link for you. Considering it was subsequently nerfed to 7mins I would definitely be going Garalon if I was you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah okay. Hmm, have you killed Heroic Elegon? I'm asking cause I'm interested in the difference in difficulty.
    We had only one raid on Elegon without proper set up , so we struggled with the DPS (shrug) , but mechanics wise it was pretty much sorted after few pulls.
    We defo gonna down him this week and proly gonna try Spiritbinder as well , atm we're kinda streched between HoF and MSV hm's since we're three days raiding guild.
    Guess we will go for first four in HoF then focus on getting us new HM scalp in MSV (esp Elegon due to trinkets/weapons he's droping ) .
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Amber shaper down + Wind lord down. Questions welcome

^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

15+ Year Old Account
    Gz Raxxed!
    I'll start spaming you straight away then , since I've got some free time @ work .

Windlord:
    What adds did you decide to CC initialy and how did you deal with the active ones? To be more precise : Did you burn one by one type of adds with some cleaves here and there or you tried to have them all to somewhat low hp then quickly downed all group of adds (I'm leaning toward this approach but need to pull few times frist ).

Hows the dmg in last phase considering his buffs gained. And finally did you two or three man heal it?

Amber shaper:

Oh boy where to start from...
    Number of healers you'd sugest for this fight?
    How did you deal with Living amber adds?
    Mutated construct mechanic... while I believe I understood the way it should be dealt with , I could use some info from "first hand" How often boss casts "Reshape life"? Do you release orignal Construct and same person gets it again while taking care of timers and keeping debuff on the boss etc etc.

Could you just write some tips about the encounter so I don't spam you here with numerous questions?

Gj so far , good luck on Empress!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    Gz Raxxed!
    I'll start spaming you straight away then , since I've got some free time @ work .

Windlord:
    What adds did you decide to CC initialy and how did you deal with the active ones? To be more precise : Did you burn one by one type of adds with some cleaves here and there or you tried to have them all to somewhat low hp then quickly downed all group of adds (I'm leaning toward this approach but need to pull few times frist ).

Hows the dmg in last phase considering his buffs gained. And finally did you two or three man heal it?

Amber shaper:

Oh boy where to start from...
    Number of healers you'd sugest for this fight?
    How did you deal with Living amber adds?
    Mutated construct mechanic... while I believe I understood the way it should be dealt with , I could use some info from "first hand" How often boss casts "Reshape life"? Do you release orignal Construct and same person gets it again while taking care of timers and keeping debuff on the boss etc etc.

Could you just write some tips about the encounter so I don't spam you here with numerous questions?

Gj so far , good luck on Empress!
    Thanks buddy

We cc'd one healer, one blade master and two amber shapers on the pull. We focused down the healers. As soon as the healers were killed that meant that all cc's broke (because we had 3 other cc's) - We INSTANTLY re-cc'd the one blade master and amber trapper, then resumed dps on the adds. At this point we were focusing down the blade masters. The blade masters die, the final cc breaks which is an amber trapper, by now the groups sitting at about 50% and we just nuke them down then hop on the boss.

We 2heal 1 tanked it - we stacked when he casted his rain of blades, then immediately spread.

The damage was pretty huge, but nothing proper cd usage can't handle!

Amber shaper - We used 2 healers
    Living ambers were #1 prority, they spawn then they get jumped on and nuked

I can't remember the timer on reshape life, it varies between the phases, he casts it much more often in the final phase.

In p1 its insanely simple just focusing the little amber adds, then the constructs, then the boss until 70%

Then we focused the amber adds > construct > monstrosity

We didnt bother interrupting the amber explosion on the monstrosity and just brute forced through with cooldowns, led to a much faster phase (that and we didnt have timers!)

When he turned someone into a construct at ~30% of the monstrosities life, if it wasnt a healer, we had that person just sit on the boss (The actual boss) and get the stacks up so that when we hit phase3 the boss already had a good chunk of a damage buff. They ate puddles and stayed alive the whole fight.

When you hit p3, it's a mad burn phase you cannot kill the constructs. Constructs must eat puddles to stay alive. We had ours eat puddles at 70 willpower.
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-11-01 at 11:15 AM.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

15+ Year Old Account
    Cheers mate , crossing fingers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    Hi, our guild is 4/6 H MV (have not killed Elegon yet, but have spent a couple of hours on him). We have had a couple of 10% wipes to Elegon and killed 10m Garalon last night 53 seconds ahead of the pre-nerf enrage. Garalon is definitely easier unless your healers are a weak link for you. Considering it was subsequently nerfed to 7mins I would definitely be going Garalon if I was you.
    Our healers aren't weak by any means, I guess our overall problem is probably people making a bit too many mistakes. And that's mainly the reason why we aren't doing better, that and the fact that we "only" raid 4 nights a week.

If you're 4/6 MV, you killed Heroic Spirit Kings before Elegon?

10+ Year Old Account
    We got problem with Elegon. We mostly die after phase 3, when all pillars are down and sparks appear, we try to stack near the "fight-start panel" and kill them, but our healers mostly die before floor appear again and we can burst them down. Also i think our dps is abit low. Sometimes we can't enter 2nd phase after 2 protectors, 3rd appear and it's 99% wipe. Could you be so nice to look on our logs

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/21...alendar/11-12/

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    When he turned someone into a construct at ~30% of the monstrosities life, if it wasnt a healer, we had that person just sit on the boss (The actual boss) and get the stacks up so that when we hit phase3 the boss already had a good chunk of a damage buff. They ate puddles and stayed alive the whole fight.
    That's probably how you're supposed to do it. My guild didn't start stacking the debuff on the boss until P3, and that probably made the burn phase harder than it needed to be for us.
    Life is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I appologize if this has been asked before, but what makes the spirits spawn in the spirit world on Gara'jal?

As we start of few 2-3 on pull, when the fight continues the number rises significantly in the fight. Even when the realm has been cleared by our lock. He exists empty realm, but if next people/tank go in, there are lot of spirits again.

Does this depend on the bosses health % or time the fight takes?

2% wipe due to enrage ftw....

For Wind lord, are you just focusing the adds until all 3 groups are dead? If so, what is the boss's HP like when no adds are alive?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Thanks buddy

We cc'd one healer, one blade master and two amber shapers on the pull. We focused down the healers. As soon as the healers were killed that meant that all cc's broke (because we had 3 other cc's) - We INSTANTLY re-cc'd the one blade master and amber trapper, then resumed dps on the adds. At this point we were focusing down the blade masters. The blade masters die, the final cc breaks which is an amber trapper, by now the groups sitting at about 50% and we just nuke them down then hop on the boss.

We 2heal 1 tanked it - we stacked when he casted his rain of blades, then immediately spread.

The damage was pretty huge, but nothing proper cd usage can't handle!

Amber shaper - We used 2 healers
    Living ambers were #1 prority, they spawn then they get jumped on and nuked

I can't remember the timer on reshape life, it varies between the phases, he casts it much more often in the final phase.

In p1 its insanely simple just focusing the little amber adds, then the constructs, then the boss until 70%

Then we focused the amber adds > construct > monstrosity

We didnt bother interrupting the amber explosion on the monstrosity and just brute forced through with cooldowns, led to a much faster phase (that and we didnt have timers!)

When you hit p3, it's a mad burn phase you cannot kill the constructs. Constructs must eat puddles to stay alive. We had ours eat puddles at 70 willpower.
    Garalon went down fairly easy but Windlord seems to require a bit more thinking on our part. The main problem was the dmg during the last phase, where only the boss is alive. We realized that 3 healers were too much compared to the enrage timer but 2 healers struggle and lost dps at the end, thus meeting the enrage timer was impossible. We only had like 4 attempts on him but the healing requirements seems rather insane towards the end.

About you only using 1 tank; We used 2 tanks and both tanks were doing insane amounts of dmg. On the attempt that lasted the longest, I was pushing 160k and our Pala tank wasn't that far behind. I was topping the dps on every attempt and our Pala tank was second or third, meaning that the dps we bring in would have to do way more than any other dps - that won't happen. I guess that's just why I'm wondering?

Btw, what healing classes did you use? We went with Resto Shaman/Resto Druid but we will most likely replace the Shaman with a Hpala next raid. Our Priest healer just couldn't keep up, although gear plays a role in this too.

2 Tanks will give you big damage in the first phase but it's really going to hinder you in the final phase which is crunch time. With the boss taking double damage at that point you really can't afford to waste a raid spot by having a tank feebly slapping at the boss from behind. We two healed it as well and found that the rain of blades was pretty easily manageable by using appropriate cooldowns, I think we only had 3 or 4 rains over the course of the final phase.

Healing is pretty negligible in the first phase as well, especially if you never have more than one blade master up at a time. We CC'd 2 menders and 2 blademasters and then killed Mender -> Blademaster -> Trapper. Never needed to change CC targets, just keep refreshing old CC.

As for Amber Shaper, the best advice I can give is to stagger your 'Break Frees' by eating pools when req in order to make sure your damage debuff never drops off the boss or the mutated construct.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootz View Post
    2 Tanks will give you big damage in the first phase but it's really going to hinder you in the final phase which is crunch time. With the boss taking double damage at that point you really can't afford to waste a raid spot by having a tank feebly slapping at the boss from behind. We two healed it as well and found that the rain of blades was pretty easily manageable by using appropriate cooldowns, I think we only had 3 or 4 rains over the course of the final phase.

Healing is pretty negligible in the first phase as well, especially if you never have more than one blade master up at a time. We CC'd 2 menders and 2 blademasters and then killed Mender -> Blademaster -> Trapper. Never needed to change CC targets, just keep refreshing old CC.

As for Amber Shaper, the best advice I can give is to stagger your 'Break Frees' by eating pools when req in order to make sure your damage debuff never drops off the boss or the mutated construct.
    With 3 trappers active, will there be more prisons than people to break it?

Yeah there definitely are more traps going out but you shouldn't get more traps than there are people to break them. We never really encountered a problem with someone getting trapped and everyone else being unable to break him out. I think the longest we waited on a break was about 5-10 seconds and it was because one of our melee chained the trap to two other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    We got problem with Elegon. We mostly die after phase 3, when all pillars are down and sparks appear, we try to stack near the "fight-start panel" and kill them, but our healers mostly die before floor appear again and we can burst them down. Also i think our dps is abit low. Sometimes we can't enter 2nd phase after 2 protectors, 3rd appear and it's 99% wipe. Could you be so nice to look on our logs

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/21...alendar/11-12/
    Holy cow, that's some low dps.
    In regard to your actual question - don't stand in the lightning puddles, healers need to make an effort to move far away from lightning puddles and tanks need to make an effort to stand close to them to pick the adds up as they spawn

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 02:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    I appologize if this has been asked before, but what makes the spirits spawn in the spirit world on Gara'jal?

As we start of few 2-3 on pull, when the fight continues the number rises significantly in the fight. Even when the realm has been cleared by our lock. He exists empty realm, but if next people/tank go in, there are lot of spirits again.

Does this depend on the bosses health % or time the fight takes?

2% wipe due to enrage ftw....
    They just .... spawn. Is the best way to say it

They usually spawn in groups of 2

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 02:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Diend View Post
    For Wind lord, are you just focusing the adds until all 3 groups are dead? If so, what is the boss's HP like when no adds are alive?
    Yes we're focusing the adds. The boss is usually sub 90% after all adds are dead from incidental aoe.

---------- Post added 2012-11-02 at 02:31 AM ----------

Garalon went down fairly easy but Windlord seems to require a bit more thinking on our part. The main problem was the dmg during the last phase, where only the boss is alive. We realized that 3 healers were too much compared to the enrage timer but 2 healers struggle and lost dps at the end, thus meeting the enrage timer was impossible. We only had like 4 attempts on him but the healing requirements seems rather insane towards the end.

About you only using 1 tank; We used 2 tanks and both tanks were doing insane amounts of dmg. On the attempt that lasted the longest, I was pushing 160k and our Pala tank wasn't that far behind. I was topping the dps on every attempt and our Pala tank was second or third, meaning that the dps we bring in would have to do way more than any other dps - that won't happen. I guess that's just why I'm wondering?

Btw, what healing classes did you use? We went with Resto Shaman/Resto Druid but we will most likely replace the Shaman with a Hpala next raid. Our Priest healer just couldn't keep up, although gear plays a role in this too.
    1tanking results in more dps in the burn, that's where it counts

We used hpally/monk

Monk 475 ilvl
    Hpally 483
    Raxxykins

For Wind Lord, we 1 tanked and 3 healed it.

Our strat with the adds worked extremely well. We cc'ed 2 battle-menders, 1 blade-master, and 1 amber-shaper. We then had people watch interrupts on the battle-mender, and we procceeded to aoe down all mobs together, and focus them down to bring them in line with each others hp. We had every add die within 5-10 seconds of the first dying, which was the battle-mender.

We then just rotated cd's for the rain of blades, and beat enrage by just under a minute.

10+ Year Old Account
    My good buddy eruptor!

Nice to see you back ^_^
    Raxxykins