Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Quick question : is it possible to try will of the emperor HM without killing every previous bosses in HM ? We're thinking about skipping 4 Kings and go straight for Elegon and Will, can we do that ?

Thanks !
    Yes on ELegon, no on Will.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    Yes on ELegon, no on Will.
    Thanks. Saw Raxxed answer after posting...

400k wipe on heroic SK on our 2nd night of attempts. is there anyway we could NOT get flanking orders, maddening shout and shadow orb damn near at the same time? the flanking orders wasnt a problem but we stack up for maddening shout, then half a second later shadow orb comes out and just rapes us. as long as we get subetai or the shadow orb guy 2nd we continue for the kill.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Question about 10m garalon. We kept hitting enrage at around 20%, our setup is blood dk, brewmaster, 2x resto shaman, Hpally, BM hunter, aff lock, enh shaman, combat rogue, and ele shaman.

What we were doing was lusting at start and downing all legs asap and then killing the one leg once it was back up, we had the lock take pheromones first, then ele. then hunter, then one of the resto shamans at around 20-23~ stacks.

We tried some starts like our blood dk going frost to soak up cleaves to add more dps but he was getting hit really damn hard. Is he suppose to be in blood presence?

Also something were gonna try now is leaving the combat rogue and enh shaman on the one leg only, worried about the legs respawning to quickly with only them on the leg though.

Any advice? I'll try and see if I can grab logs in a bit.

Never have anyone attack the legs unless they're within the circle. It's just wasted dps if they're doing standard damage to a leg. Make sure your combat rogue always has a leg available for him to cleave off of, if he's not doing 140k+ dps then something needs to be fixed. With three healers you really should be able to have your DK soaking cleaves as frost but if that's not possible then maybe try dropping a healer.

Hello, Raxxed.

I am a healer in a 10m guild. Our guild just downed H Elegon (about freaking time; super late kill). I'm curious about how HoF and MSV heroics compare to one another. Our raiders' item levels are 486 - 492 and we have excellent dps. We are able to start HoF heroics next week if we have time after clearing ToES.

We are considering working on H Spirit Kings next for the sake of finishing of MSV. But I'm curious how Spirit Kings' difficulty is in comparison to H Vizier or H Wind Lord and whether tackling one of those first might be a viable alternative. Can you enlighten me on your experience with these bosses?

How are guilds resetting Spirit Kings and knowing they have the right combination without just wiping every pull?

Quote Originally Posted by purplehazen View Post
    How are guilds resetting Spirit Kings and knowing they have the right combination without just wiping every pull?
    during the 1st boss youll see swirling white halos surrounding w/e boss will be the next boss. you can have monks transendence/lock portal outside of the wall where it locks you in to reset it. you also have like a 2 second window where u can run thru the wall before it becomes "active"
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpriest View Post
    I am a healer in a 10m guild. Our guild just downed H Elegon (about freaking time; super late kill). I'm curious about how HoF and MSV heroics compare to one another. Our raiders' item levels are 486 - 492 and we have excellent dps. We are able to start HoF heroics next week if we have time after clearing ToES.

We are considering working on H Spirit Kings next for the sake of finishing of MSV. But I'm curious how Spirit Kings' difficulty is in comparison to H Vizier or H Wind Lord and whether tackling one of those first might be a viable alternative. Can you enlighten me on your experience with these bosses?
    I would say that at the moment from having seen H Vizier and H Blade Lord (I'm assuming you mean H Blade Lord instead of H Wind Lord), it would be H Vizier > H Spirit Kings > H Blade Lord. But this all depends on your raid group really. Like for example our guild had amazing dps - beat H Gara'jal in the second week, yet we slowly progressed on Spirit Kings, compared to another 10 man guild on our server that spent longer on H Gara'jal yet managed to kill H Spirit Kings in 4 hours of progression. Would probably recommend going for Kings if you really want to get MsV out of the way.

You have enough time at the start of the encounter to run out of the room before the walls fully lock you in, so if you don't get the hunter second you can reset the boss.

As soon as you pull Qiang, one of the other 3 'activate' and light up with a graphic. You have enough time to just run out, or you can use lock portal/monk ascension.

http://youtu.be/wqZVHXH3ytU?hd=1

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's awful and I really hope they just give them a fixed order lol.

We killed it and Will of the Emperor this week and I would say that everybody isn't looking forward to repeating spirit kings.

I just want to say thanks for doing this Raxxed. I've been slamming my head against H Gara'jal for three weeks now and the information in this thread will help quite a bit I believe. By that I mean that we're just going to skip him and go after Elegon first to get people a morale boost, and then go back to him with some of the tips you've written here. Keep up the good work and GL on the rest of HoF heroic!

Heroic Elegon

We have cleared all 16/16, can we skip straight to heroic elegon or do we have to clear the first 4 on heroic in MSV before we can do heroic elegon, only reason I ask is because we use the burn strat on the orbs and have no 3rd phase, so it seems like heroic would be simple.

thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Davetron View Post
    We have cleared all 16/16, can we skip straight to heroic elegon or do we have to clear the first 4 on heroic in MSV before we can do heroic elegon, only reason I ask is because we use the burn strat on the orbs and have no 3rd phase, so it seems like heroic would be simple.

thank you in advance.
    you can skip all the bosses and do heroic elegon

10+ Year Old Account

thank you in advance.
    As said above, you can skip to him.
    I don't know how you'd manage to kill him in the orbs phase, but if you do, kudos.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

thank you.

thank you in advance.
    That isn't an actual strategy. That just ends up happening when you overgear the instance as most Heroic Progression guilds have by now. If you're only just 16/16 normal I doubt you can do Elegon this way.