Poll: Have you quit WoW or plan on quitting WoW in the near future?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How many of you are done with WoW and plan on quitting or have already quit?

So lets get this out first, it isn't anyone's business as to why you are on this site if you do not play the game or have quit.

Just wanted to know all those that have simply quit or plan on quitting the game in the near future with your reasons?

For me personally, think I am done with the game as a whole. I will probably get an urge to come back every once in a while for the first few weeks considering WoW has been a big part of my life. However, hopefully over time I should be alrighty.

It doesn't really have to do anything with the game itself, though there are certain aspects I ain't happy with. However, I simply don't have the time to commit to a game these days. And I ain't the anti social type but the type of people WoW is attracting isn't making it easy to form groups or get things done. Even putting your own groups together takes a considerable effort trying to sort the "clueless" from the good ones. At one point of time I could probably spend hours, but these days I hate getting a group and spending 20 mins failing in a BG or a dungeon. It just makes it even harder and there are no red lines which separate the terrible from the good which makes it even harder.

Also, WoW has become the "thing" that couples these days simply get into to spend quality time with each other with no other objective. This results in them simply ignoring all other objectives and simply logging on to have "fun". Never seen that word used in any other game like I have seen it get thrown around in this game. It is supposedly very "fun" getting grave yard camped or wiping to a boss for hours on end.

But most importantly, its just the time investment required to get anything done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would I be on this site if I am going to quit wow in the first place. Voted no for your poll.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Why would I be on this site if I am going to quit wow in the first place. Voted no for your poll.
    Well my good troll that likes to flip off the sky, I have quit wow for more than a year and I still come here. Just because I do not like the game doesn't mean my good troll that I do not like warcraft or anything related to warcraft.

As to answer OP question, I quit wow because I got incredibly sick with the gameplay and the asian theme really didn't interest me enough. If it was the emerald dream, I would had probably bought it and play the game for a few months though.
    << What I Look like. ^^Shit I say.

Deleted
    Sorry for my Harsch words, but threads like this are just shitposting.

10+ Year Old Account
    not me
    10chars

Nope, I did quit but MoP has brought the game back to life for me.

i quit pve, does that count?

there should be a price model where you can sub and only do pvp without access to dungeons, raids, scenarios, LFD or LFR.

and no, GW2 is not for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. MoP is amazing and I am enjoying every aspect as it. Just started as a guild leader as well so now I have more commitment to stay.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I quit in the summer. Overall I didn't enjoy Cata and MoP just didn't sound like something I would enjoy. I waited til beta was almost over because I didn't want to find a new guild if something changed. I have no faith in Blizz designing raids I will enjoy after Cata, and 25m seems to be dying and I have no interest in 10m raids, which I don't think are very fun. My main is a healer and I hated the Cata healing design and MoP didn't look like an improvement. I don't like the Horde/Alliance conflict being the main story. Pandaren don't interest me and I don't like how they look. I didn't want to level without flying, too annoying after all this time and I LOVE flying. I didn't like that it turns out I would have had to find a new guild even if I did keep playing, since with changes I was no longer willing to play on a PvP server (I think those changes were announced later in Beta). Oh and back to the 25m is dying thing, there were only 2-3 possible 25m guilds I could have applied to that fit my criteria (PvE server/Alliance/not far in progression from my old guild). I also have personal goals for the next 1-2 years that would be hard to accomplish while spending a lot of time playing WoW. If the next expansion has a theme that interests me more, I may consider playing again. Or if there is ever a Sargeras/Legion themed expac. But it's highly unlikely I'll ever play MoP. I'm still curious what happens in the story, so I will be following that, just probably not playing.

I did think farming and pet collecting/pet battles looked kind of fun, but not fun enough to put up with everything else.

I quit but what is the point of this thread? It's a WoW fansite and most people who quit won't be coming here.

i quit just b4 the summer started somtime around May but my AP doesnt end till late Oct so im still subbed. I wont be playing WoW again till they bring illidan back (if i dont have a job) or once i graduate from college and find a job then i may resub.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post

But most importantly, its just the time investment required to get anything done.
    How is there any time investment in wow? heroics are 20 mins max, dailies take 5-10 mins per hub. Thats less time than a single round of battlefield 3. Most of the comments regarding "time investment" generally come from players who don't play anymore and actually have little experience of what wow has been like for the last year or so, thats the impression the OP gives me. As for me I don't plan on quitting any time soon, I have been playing since Nov 04 and WoW still gives me plenty to do and enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit WoW officially when I played some of the MoP beta and discovered it was still pretty much the same tired old shit, but I wasn't really playing in the months leading up to that, either. I effectively quit several months ago.

Just too many other games out there showing places that WoW really needs to improve on.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    How is there any time investment in wow? heroics are 20 mins max, dailies take 5-10 mins per hub. Thats less time than a single round of battlefield 3. Most of the comments regarding "time investment" generally come from players who don't play anymore and actually have little experience of what wow has been like for the last year or so, thats the impression the OP gives me. As for me I don't plan on quitting any time soon, I have been playing since Nov 04 and WoW still gives me plenty to do and enjoy.
    Depends. Right now, like other released expansions, you don't have to spend much time and still enjoy the game often with other people by doing heroics. Once the endgame content and next few patches, the game becomes more time consuming I think to get the best out of the whole experience.
    << What I Look like. ^^Shit I say.

I actually plan on re-subbing, mop seems decent so far. Not to keen on paying for another sub based mmo though, but oh well.
    Last edited by Nev12; 2012-10-04 at 11:42 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I technically did quit in terms of well core focusing on raiding / Realm first and such. It's ''weird'' to be a casual after all these years however I'm enjoying myself again especially when I swapped my main to a warlock now with that being said my account has been paid for long long time due to my collectors edition D3 so I my as well check out the game from time to time

MoP is a good expansion and much MUCH better then that abomination of what we call Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frioz View Post
    Well my good troll that likes to flip off the sky, I have quit wow for more than a year and I still come here. Just because I do not like the game doesn't mean my good troll that I do not like warcraft or anything related to warcraft.

As to answer OP question, I quit wow because I got incredibly sick with the gameplay and the asian theme really didn't interest me enough. If it was the emerald dream, I would had probably bought it and play the game for a few months though.

I adore the Asian theme, but would not have bought an Emerald Dream expansion. That sounds boring as hell.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit 1 year and 4-5 month ago and I have no plans on returning to WoW.

For the people here saying "Why are you coming to this site since this is a WoW fansite blablablablablabla"...... seriously.... there is more then WoW shit on these forums, the forums is the reason people come back, there are big sections on these forums that have NOTHING do to with WoW.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frioz View Post
    Depends. Right now, like other released expansions, you don't have to spend much time and still enjoy the game often with other people by doing heroics. Once the endgame content and next few patches, the game becomes more time consuming I think to get the best out of the whole experience.
    This. I'm loving WoW right now. Leveling my Pandaren Ninja, I mean Rogue is awesome. But once those queues slow down, who knows what will happen. But I'm enjoying it right now. Would love another annual pass though.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

Deleted
    I didn't even get Cataclysm. I'm here because I like the world of Warcraft, not the game as it is now.