[Anime] ideas for club activities

Hi everyone, calling all Anime fans. I am looking for any help, suggestions or ideas!

I recently started helping out at a local library with a group where anime & manga fans can meet up for an hour or so. We do a few things but I thought I would just ask if anyone had any ideas or examples of activities that we could run to make it more interesting! Maybe you have done something in the past with a group of friends that was really fun.

It may help to know the group meets every other week for an hour or and is roughly made up of about 20 teens

Any help gratefully received.

numero uno of things to do for anime and manga fans is COSPLAY!!!

other activities:
    art
    fanfiction (personal favorite)
    OVA's

Thanks for the suggestions so far. The drawing aspect is something that I am very interested, I draw a lot in my free time and I used to run a drawing club. The only problem with this is not everyone in the club enjoys this so it's very difficult to have a "drawing session" because half the club will draw and they other half will sit about and chat and generally be very dis-tractive and it's not really a great environment. I have looked at a few drawing games which could be fun and I would like to trial.

Re the other suggestions cosplay and making videos would be great to do obviously they are something that need quite a bit of organising and structure so I will start looking at these and how we can bring them in. Learning Japanese would be cool too!

We would rather not just let them sit and read or watch something as they can do that in their own time it's more of a chance for them to meet up and either talk about these or do something that revolves around these.

Thanks again so far

Deleted
    I don't know but, watching some anime movie or any anime episode that everyone likes and then discuss it?

You could always also make a contest where people need to do some kind of work about anime, for example, a drawing, some photo, some kind of cosplay, stuff like that, you could do this once every month or twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I don't know but, watching some anime movie or any anime episode that everyone likes and then discuss it?

You could always also make a contest where people need to do some kind of work about anime, for example, a drawing, some photo, some kind of cosplay, stuff like that, you could do this once every month or twice.
    Yes we did think about letting member show everyone their favourite scenes and then analyse/discuss it

contests sound good too, because of our time constraints it's more conducive to do something where they do something at home and bring it in to show it off