[Suggestion] (option to) recolor OP's and own posts

I've found myself quite often taking time to scroll through a thread to find my own post (to read on from there) or for a post made by the original poster of a thread. On another forum I frequent there is an option to recolor the background color of those posts to whatever you want (when logged in) and it also recolors any quote-boxes where either the OP or myself are quoted. This would make it much easier to browse through a thread and find the most important information. I don't think it would be too difficult to implement this feature (but by all means correct me if I'm wrong).

What do you think?
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice, not sure if they'll do it. In any case, another way to find yourself in a thread is to click your own name on the top of the forum screen, select "Find Latest Posts" and it'll show you post history. You can click your post from the list and immediately be dropped where you left off. It's not what you're asking for, but 3 easy clicks is much faster than scrolling through all the pages of a thread to find yourself.

Deleted
    There's already an option that will send you right to the last post you saw from a thread, by doing this you just click on an arrow as shown here. Picture bellow.

It's the blue arrow, it's as close to what you want I think.

About the other thing, I don't think it's necessary to implement an option to colour people's post, it would take more time for threads to load, also, almost every post in threads are important, so recolouring all of them is not an option, I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    also, almost every post in threads are important
    Funniest thing I read today.

OP - there's a pseudo-solution for your problem. Make a unique and distinctive avatar and signature. I have no trouble finding my own posts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    You can also Ctrl+F your name and it will show quotes as well.
    oh wow, didn't know that works with that too, now it's much easier to find different people without going to their user profile and find all posts then find the thread etc etc. thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would looooove such an ability. My other web hangout, Fark, has the ability to colour user's posts (your own, your friends, your arch-nemeses, wahtever). It's now innate to the site thanks to work by the awesome admins, but it started out originally as a Firefox plugin written by a user.

I wonder if something similar would be possible for vbulletin forums. I don't know shit about that kind of thing, but since I doubt this would ever be officially implemented, it might be something were people could get together and write a plugin to make it work as an unofficial project. We certainly have a large volume of people with the knowledge base. I know I would totally use a FF addon that let me colourise users.

Don't mind me, just musing...

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |