Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

How do you explain pandaran & outlands

So i just arrived in outlands on my panda and i was thinking to my self, why the hell am I here? We had nothing to do with the legion

Why should I even care about this place as a pandaran other than its a 10 level filler that blizzard worked hard on a couple of years ago...

From a lore perspective, how do we explain our arrival?

10+ Year Old Account
    A bronze dragon was flying high, but it had suffered from a mortal ailement called 'The common cold', as it took a dive down for fun, a pandaren named Grimbolt was doing pandaren like stuff, and suddenly, the dragon sneezed, and the pandaren found himself in the Outlands when the Alliance and Horde went there to take up the land and defeat the legion again

Good enough for you?

Everybody has to explain away a time warp when they go to Outlands anyway, so it's really not that big of a stretch for Pandaren compared to anyone else. Read the quests from the quest givers in Blasted Lands just outside the Dark Portal. They basically don't explain anything beyond that there's still a problem in Outland and demons are still pouring in from it, and somehow the Horde and Alliance still haven't taken it over. So I guess you could justify it by saying that the job wasn't finished there and your faction is sending you there to work on helping the meagre efforts being made there to push back the Legion.

I look at it like driving through the western side of my city: It doesnt make any sense but you have to do it to get where you want to go so just suck it up and push through.

In Outland, Thrall is Warchief, Malygos is insane, Deathwing is missing, Illidan is a threat, Kael'thas hasn't even suffered a setback yet...

Everyone's meant to just grit their teeth and run with it, unless we want them to spend time every expansion cycle updating quests that don't work with the current story.

Quote Originally Posted by Favlos View Post
    In Outland, Thrall is Warchief, Malygos is insane, Deathwing is missing, Illidan is a threat, Kael'thas hasn't even suffered a setback yet...

Everyone's meant to just grit their teeth and run with it, unless we want them to spend time every expansion cycle updating quests that don't work with the current story.
    In Wrath of the Lich King, Arthas is still alive. The Valkry haven't sided with Slyvannas, and Algalon hasn't attempted to "reset" Azeroth yet. And in Cataclysm, Deathwing is still alive, Cho'gall is a major threat. And Wrathion is still in an egg.

The entire game is screwy for everyone if you really want to be picky.

I loved TBC. Let's just stick with Frinata's idea!D
    Pyromaniac protégé.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    Good enough for you?
    Its the best one yet, but still lacks some elements.

10+ Year Old Account
    The answer: The game wasn't built for levelling = normal timeline consistency. So it'll save you a lot of headache if you simply didn't try to lore-buffer your pandaren outland experience. They won't update older content just to sedate the die-hard RP'ers.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    The answer: The game wasn't built for levelling = normal timeline consistency. So it'll save you a lot of headache if you simply didn't try to lore-buffer your pandaren outland experience. They won't update older content just to sedate the die-hard RP'ers.
    This effectively - blizzard have said before that effectively Outlands, etc shouldn't exist for your character. It's just a levelling zone and shouldn't really be part of your characters backstory.

Also, it is explained ingame that because of the Sundering of outland(Draenor), time there doesnt run as it would on azeroth, by that logic, the dark portal itself is not only a portal through space, but also time, it could very well be that your panda is transported to an earlier time, would'nt even be weird, seeing as the occasional pandaren has been sighted, like chen stormstout, only that was pretty rare. so the NPC's wouldnt be that amazed.

As it is right now, Outland is no longer under Illidan's control.

If someone asks what the hell you are doing in Outland, you ask them the same question.

That, or, the creative story: you are still somewhere in Pandaria but are currently training to become a [insert class here] by reliving the past of Azeroth's champions, hence TBC, WOTLK, Cata through visions induced by shaman.

Deleted
    Easy: Azeroth is the pandaren's home planet too you know. It only makes sense for them to join the fight in Outland to keep the Legion in check.

Chen was in Classic, he left his empty keg. And Chen Stormstout was prolly in outlands exploring before the Nesingwary was even there. Just pretend your a mysterious explorer like Chen

Deleted
    How did you arrive at Outlands? It doesn't exist in the game.

Outland on the other hand...

10+ Year Old Account
    willing suspension of disbelief.

Deleted
    Because you are a soldier of the Horde/Alliance and have been sent to Outland to kick ass.

Deleted
    just dont rp while being there. thats what i would do.

One day, A pandaren was just bullsh**tin' around Caverns of Time when a Dragon asked him if he would like to go to the time when Outlands was a big deal. The Pandaren was obviously drunk, so he agreed and now must save Azeroth from Illidan.
    If your wondering about Northrend, just replace Outlands and Illidan with Northrend and the Lich King.
    | Main RP Character:
    Nidal Shadowdance |
    | While Forum RP'ing:
    Italics = What he's doing currently.
    Non-italics with Quotes = Talking
    Non-Italics without Quotes = Thinking |