Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ritsuko Mukae from Sakamichi No Apollon

10+ Year Old Account
    Balsa from Moribito was awesome!

Last edited by Faunwea; 2012-10-05 at 04:54 AM.

Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop has a pretty good personality. It makes sense when you learn her backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop has a pretty good personality. It makes sense when you learn her backstory.
    I heard good things about it. Can't believe I haven't seen this series yet. :/

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    If you've been following anime I'm sure you are well aware of how many female characters tend to be portrayed as either a walking pile of breasts or a moron. I am sure some people know what moe is....

However every so often you may find a female character who seems normal and not what a women typically is like in an anime.

My question is: In your opinion who is the most "normal" Female anime character? Who defies the stereotype of women in anime?

I'll start: I think that Maka From Soul Eater is the most normal character I have yet to see. She has a real personality, isn't a brain-dead idiot on screen, and faces actual problems that she must overcome.

so who do you believe is the most normal female anime character?

Since there are like a zillion I'll only list a handful with short hair that are main protagonists in the anime they were in.

Nakiami from Xam'd lost memories.

Any female from a Studio Ghibli anime.

Chizuko Mikamo from Daughter of 20 Faces

Lavie Head from Last Exile

Suito Kusanagi from Sky Crawlers

Alice L. Malvin from Pumpkin Scissors

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 04:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I heard good things about it. Can't believe I haven't seen this series yet. :/
    Wow really? You really should, its an anime even for people that don't watch anime. Its that good. In fact story, art, characters and music is probably 10/10.
    Last edited by Eggoman; 2012-10-05 at 05:04 AM.

The most "normal" female character that comes to *my* mind is Kagura from Speed Grapher. Which is also probably in my top five sub-100 episode animes of all time. She has smaller boobs, her personality is pretty laid-back even though she comes from an abusive family, and she handles situations that come her way fairly well through the whole anime.

The second most "normal" female character I can think of is Ayano Kannagi from Kaze no Stigma. She isn't the smartest female out there, but she acts pretty "normal". Her boobs aren't huge, either. However, she does tend to have the typical "schoolgirl" look, but that's why she's #2.

Last edited by Zafire; 2012-10-05 at 05:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    She's the smartest person in the show, and shes not just tits.

And pretty much the entire cast of Madoka besides Madoka, because she's a useless piece of shit. Besides when she turns into a god

Second comment got it right too, Saber from Fate is a pretty good example of that.

These look like real girls too.
    I agree, Makise is probably one of the most down-to-earth women in any anime I've ever watched. Undoubtedly beautiful as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    It took me a while to think about this...

But in the end I end up choosing Bulma from Dragon Ball.

She has a logical form, she is one of the most normalish I could think of. She is into her looks, she tries to be tough, what more do you want? There is not much that makes her that special in the reality of things, so on my accounts she is very 'normal'.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post

Wow, that place is disturbing. Is it like a board of debaucherous pedophiles and fetishists or something? They're all so mean to each other.
    Had me for a sec there, but that coming from you kinda gave it away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Almost all the ones listed are fairly extraordinary compared to normal females, and the Kaze no Stigma mention made me laugh, that anime is panty shot central. I didn't think typical tsundere counted as normal either.

The most normal would be the stocky, plain, or faceless ones that get no major role if any role besides filler. Nothing of note about them, like most women (and people in general).

10+ Year Old Account
    so you want somebody that only had like 3 lines in the entire show and never did anything interesting, so like... Chihiro in Azumanga Daioh?

All of the girls in The Daily Lives Of Highschool Boys (Danshi Kōkōsei no Nichijō). They're just normal girls, for the most part.

Clannad chicks are pretty normal.

Ana from Shaman King.

Not the Anime, the Manga.

You'll get what I'm saying if you read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Clannad chicks are pretty normal.
    On what planet are any of the girls from Clannad normal?

Relena Darlain - from Gundam Wing. She is smart and always conservatively dressed.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Delia Ketchum

The whole love hina cast !

10+ Year Old Account
    Re-l Mayer, from Ergo Proxy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDios View Post
    watch fate stay night . . . i think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    >Fate/Stay Night
    >watch

We've been over this