Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Ana from Shaman King.

Not the Anime, the Manga.

You'll get what I'm saying if you read.
    She was my second choice.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Sakura from Tsubasa Chronicle:

A nice person to the beginning but she developed more and more as the story goes on.

or Makoto from The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

also charakters from the old animes like

- Digimon
    - Sailormoon
    - Catseye
    and so on

they are all normal with different personalitys without being just an object or just stupid / brutal

10+ Year Old Account
    These are based on the "not-pile of boobies" and "non-moron personality" but not necessarily "normal"
    Usagi Drop - Rin
    Another - Misaki
    Detective Conan - Ran & Haibara
    GoSick - Victorique de Blois
    Kimi to Boku - Masaki Satō
    Spirited Away - Chihiro Ogino

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    She was my second choice.
    Solid.

Yeah she's..one of my favorite characters in anything, honestly.

Shaman King is my favorite Manga purely because of how great the story was, and the ending was amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Motoko Kusanagi - Ghost in the shell
    Casca - Berserk
    Most of the female cast of Evangelion
    There are others but the names currently escape me and I'm at work without enough time to go look them up.
    OH! Most of the Mobile Suit Gundam female cast before 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Off the top of my head, maybe somebody like Kanae Sumida (5cm Per Second):

I think she's very human and is presented as such. A very sympathetic character. God! I hate that beautiful movie! QQ
    Who is that in the picture, I remember her from something, kind of forgot or she just looks really familiar.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Who is that in the picture, I remember her from something, kind of forgot or she just looks really familiar.
    It's Kanae Sumida, the main character in the second part of Makato Shinkai's movie, 5 cm Per Second. (Says above the pic. =P)

Deleted
    I am disappointed my fellow anime-watchers. I present to you: The Normal Queen!

Deleted
    Yuka in Elfen Lied is pretty normal

I think the female characters of Hanasaku Iroha and Tari Tari were relatively normal...aside from particular character quirks. Their characters had solid development, and they weren't in any way overtly sexualized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yoruichi from bleach is certainly this kind of anime women, as are Soi Fong and Unohana , all from bleach, and there are quite a ton more in that show : D

Nobody's said this that I've seen, it's a little older show but I think she fits the criteria; Kiyone from Tenchi Universe. In a show about a bunch of women slutting out for a socially retarded teenage boy, Kiyone shows no interest in anyone romantically, she's smart though completely unsuccessful as a cop due to her partner, she's (relatively) normal as far as her figure goes, she's not one of those PMS anime stereotypes that's just mad and bitchy all the time, and though she's a smaller part than the other characters she's still fairly important to the storyline and is in most episodes.

Misty from Pokémon. She's no moron and doesn't have breasts big enough to suffocate me

- Nanami Takahashi from Bokura Ga Ita seemed the most normal to me.
    - Akashi from Tatami Galaxy also a solid choice.
    - Both girls from Hyouka seem very pretty realistic (almost in a sad way for Chitanda).

- As other's have posted, Sumida from 5cm per second and Mokoto from The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Misty from Pokemon!
    (initially)

She is often the one making fun of Ash, rather then being the focus of ridicule....isn't sexualized (maybe because she should appear like a 10-13 year old?) and has her own agenda. Didn't want all too much Pokemon (<--anyone believe this?), but from what I got...she had her own issues to deal with (her gym leader sisters and the fact that Ash owed her a new bicycle).
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Yuka in Elfen Lied is pretty normal
    Give or take the incestuous undertones, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Give or take the incestuous undertones, yeah.
    I think cousins marrying is legal in Japan, so it's not that strange. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

This highly depends on the very personal definition of normal. And thats hard. Have you ever tried determinating the most normal among your friends? It's really hard, and thats in a enviornment normal by definition. Putting Anime in the mix makes things not even harder due to an increase of interesting characters in fictional works (kind of by definition), but also by diffusiong the meaning of "normal". You might take into consideration different drawing styles and different worlds (were things thoroughly abnormal are considered normal), or you might not. You might have your focus on either mind or body and how well the mind functions in the world it is set in compared to how much the mind would fit our world. And after all of that, it's still not only a matter of your own opinion but also depends on the minds of your peers on which you might base your definition of normal.

Also anime aimed at children is often guilty of stereotyping, giving figures more of a standart role than a distinctive character. And those stereotypes, although based on easy to understand and relateable traits, are far from normal as they are too basic. I only bring this up because the older seasons of Digimon were mentioned which are especially guilty of that.

And last, the amount of screentime a person gets is most likely effecting the amount of "normalness" in a negative way. Having more opportunity to act abnormal amounts to more abnormal acting.

That said, the most normal female figure of anime is probably a side figure of a hyper-realistic seinen anime we won't get fansubbed because wests interest in this is too low. Discounting several of theese aspects, I would go with Sakura from Naruto, as have others before me. But yet again, she is so "normal" in an absolutly crazy world, I feel sometimes she is the odd one.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we're talking in terms of facial/body features,

Casca from Berserk (can't seem to find a good picture of her)

Asuka and Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion and the rest of the female cast.

Neither have of them giant bug eyes or breast that are bigger than watermelons. So I would consider them pretty normal.
    Last edited by Lancer; 2012-10-09 at 05:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    If we're talking in terms of facial/body features,

Casca from Berserk (can't seem to find a good picture of her)

Asuka and Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion and the rest of the female cast.
    [IMG]http://alblack.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/azuka06.jpg[IMG]

Neither have of them giant bug eyes or breast that are bigger than watermelons. So I would consider them pretty normal.
    I thought for a sec you were implying that ANYONE from NGE was normal (psychologically speaking).
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy